my option calls

bandlab2

update :

total premium is now 315 rs, we are in 85 rs profit. will sell when nifty touches 3400 in couple of days

AW10

update :

total premium is now 307 rs, we are in 93rs profit. will square of tomorrow
May I ask, why you want to close this perfect trade with profit of 93 ? Your lower BE point is at NIFTY level of 3000 (=3400-400).. Do you read that mkt is going to go below 3000 and this position will become -ive.
In my view, option seller enjoys the time decay and see their sold options loosing value day by day and bring more money in their pocket. We are approaching the expiry when option theta (i.e. rate of time decay) will increase everyday If I am at your place, probably I will trust my analysis, let this position run and enjoy the time decay on 2 sold options.

Just curious to know your views ?

bandlab2

AW10,

We are still 2 weeks away from expiry. we may go below 3100 in next 2-3 days, if we dont recover from there, our total position may go in loss. also as far as possible we should be close to 3400 to gain maximum, the far any position goes, the more loss in that segment

anyway, i will wait for today dow futures arond 3 pm and decide

May I ask, why you want to close this perfect trade with profit of 93 ? Your lower BE point is at NIFTY level of 3000 (=3400-400).. Do you read that mkt is going to go below 3000 and this position will become -ive.
In my view, option seller enjoys the time decay and see their sold options loosing value day by day and bring more money in their pocket. We are approaching the expiry when option theta (i.e. rate of time decay) will increase everyday If I am at your place, probably I will trust my analysis, let this position run and enjoy the time decay on 2 sold options.

Just curious to know your views ?
Dear AW10

I too think it is better to book profit at the earliest.(I am not sure 93 will be possible today)

Option writer always carry un limited risk. The stradle seller will make money when the market consolidates in a range and the present market doesn't shows signs of any consolidation, instead showing further weekness day by day. As the market approaches your BE and if time is left to expiry it will give you sleepless nights.

regards

thanx for reply....

u suggest short 3300 call--put

but ididnt have enough margin..
so i had taken 3200 put @ 46
& today selling @ 149....

whats the strat. for tomorrow?