My EOD Stock trades......updated regularly Part 2

What kind of stock market returns p.a. would you be happy with on a consistent basis?

• 12-20% (Beating Fixed Deposits & Inflation)

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 50%+

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Whatever the market gives (Negative to 0 to 100%+)

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

saivenkat

even i would like to know your pick strategy... pls mail me at gaurav12123 at gmail.com..

thank you... keep up the good work...

If you are deep pocketed you can adopt this one..But then this is one of the best tension free approach to market that i have come across..:thumb:

quinox

Hi Nifty Trader,

Just visited your thread. A really good one. I need some help from you.

I want to know how do you look out for stocks in which you are taking position. As i see some of your picks are not even in bse 500 list of stocks. So how do you go about screening the stocks ? Do you use any software for screening stocks based on certain parameters first and then choose the good ones among them or you manually go over thousands of charts one by one to pick the stocks which looks good. Basically I am not asking for your core strategy for picking stocks. I want to know from 1000s of stocks how do you narrow down to lets say a list of 40 or 50, from which you are picking the best 4/5, using your core strategy. I hope i have been able to make myself clear.

I saw above that you have sent emails to some people. Please also send me the details. My email id is - quinox99 at yahoo . com

Thanks

Nifty Trader

Nifty Trader,

Love your comments. Trying to drill this comment into my head.
Learnt this concept the hard way, as most traders would have. The normal human tendency is to run (after a bus, train, opportunity as if its the last one ever) but this is a recipe for disaster in the markets. You have to enter BEFORE a stock makes its move, not when the move has already started. If one bus / train has left the station, no point running after it and risking injury. Better to wait for another one, check its destination (how much potential for profit it has) and then jump in, get off at the destination and then repeat the process. Sounds simple, right? :p

Nifty Trader

Hi Nifty Trader,

Just visited your thread. A really good one. I need some help from you.

I want to know how do you look out for stocks in which you are taking position. As i see some of your picks are not even in bse 500 list of stocks. So how do you go about screening the stocks ? Do you use any software for screening stocks based on certain parameters first and then choose the good ones among them or you manually go over thousands of charts one by one to pick the stocks which looks good. Basically I am not asking for your core strategy for picking stocks. I want to know from 1000s of stocks how do you narrow down to lets say a list of 40 or 50, from which you are picking the best 4/5, using your core strategy. I hope i have been able to make myself clear.

I saw above that you have sent emails to some people. Please also send me the details. My email id is - quinox99 at yahoo . com

Thanks
Hi Quinox. Thanks for your encouraging words. To answer your question, the system that I am using also consists of a software for screening the entire market as well as entry / exit / SL levels. We also get a weekly list of stocks suitable for trading as per the system from mentors. 90-95% of the stocks that I trade are from this weekly list. This weekly list is also generated from the same screener in-built into the software and handpicked by mentors / experts. So I can also do the screening by myself but there is no point when it is already being done for you. Now this weekly list is normally around 15-30 stocks and it is upto each trader then to choose which stocks he wants to trade as per his or her comfort level.

You mentioned that a lot of the stocks I trade are not even in BSE 500. That is a personal preference. I am more partial towards mid and small caps (as long as there is enough liquidity for my positions) as they are capable of explosive returns (20-50%) in a very short period of time. The same moves are difficult to get in large cap stocks, most of which are in the FNO segment and hence, will have the counterweight of traders wanting to go short on them as well. Having said that, some of my fellow traders using the same system, trade only the large cap ones such as Ultratech, Gujarat Ambuja, Wockhardt, HUL, ITC etc. Again, it comes down to portfolio size, risk appetite, personal prefernce etc.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) V Guard Ind bought on 20th Sept @ 407.3, TSL below 407. CMP - 487.15
2) Bajaj Finserve bought on 21st Sept @ 789, TSL below 831.8. CMP - 838.25
3) Kaveri Seeds bought on 18th Oct @ 1054.7, TSL below 1064. CMP - 1178.5
4) Advanta bought on 23rd Oct @ 827.1, TSL below 794. CMP - 813.6
5) JK Lakshmi Cement bought on 1st Nov @ 126, SL below 120.5. CMP - 129.95
6) Everest Industries bought on 7th Nov @ 225.85, SL below 214.8. CMP - 231.1
7) Atul Ltd bought on 8th Nov @ 429.3, TSL below 405.5. CMP - 426.4

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).

Emailed all the traders who asked for it.

Here's wishing all of you a very Happy Diwali and a Prosperous New Year. God Bless :)

tsg

Nifty trader.,

A big Thumbs up for your effort .

I am looking for few tested and reliable stock screening strategies. Can you pass me some information on how you pick stocks .

TSG

Mail me: yuser306@yahoo[dot]com

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) V Guard Ind bought on 20th Sept @ 407.3, TSL below 407. CMP - 480.05
2) Bajaj Finserve bought on 21st Sept @ 789, TSL below 831.8. CMP - 833.55
3) Kaveri Seeds bought on 18th Oct @ 1054.7, TSL below 1064. CMP - 1194.05
4) Advanta bought on 23rd Oct @ 827.1, TSL below 794. TSL hit. Exited @ 791.35. Loss = 4.32%
5) JK Lakshmi Cement bought on 1st Nov @ 126, SL below 120.5. CMP - 135.95
6) Everest Industries bought on 7th Nov @ 225.85, TSL below 216.5. CMP - 230.6
7) Atul Ltd bought on 8th Nov @ 429.3, SL below 405.5. CMP - 429.95
8) Bajaj Finance bought on 12th Nov @ 1337, SL below 1215. CMP - 1371.15

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).