My Daily Options Trading Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on a strategy to generate BUY/SELL signals on the basis of simplest form of moving averages. The only difference is that I use Fibonacci periods for the average

3,8 works best where you want the stop loss to be minimal, but more whispaws
34,55 works best in mid term trend and keeps you in trend for most of the time

I personally use 13,21 which works great on any interval.

My way to enter/exit is not at crossovers but when you have 2 continuous bars made their lows lower than 13MA and enter at the 3rd bar lower than 13MA

Similarly I ride the trend until you have 2 continuous bars made their highs higher than the 21MA and exit at the 3rd high bar

Try it out for once and you will be surprised to see the accuracy over normal periods

Here are few charts with the BUY/SELL signals

Here I am using 3 Years weekly chart and see how we get into the trend even before crossover came. I am using 21,34 as the chart is for a long term trend.

That is approx 5000 Nifty points in 2 years 3 months time frame (31 Aug 07 - 05 Nov 09)

ACC chart

there were times when the stock went from random walk zone where both MAs are near the same values... see if there is enough gap in MA around 2-5% of the values in such situations or look for bigger trend in weekly chart or bigger MA levels (34,55) to decide the position

Sir, Everything is good, I would request you to point out which are the 2 Bars which made lower low than 21MA and the 3 Bar from where you entered and 2 Bars which made Higher High than 34MA and 3 bar where you exited in the weekly chart of last 3 years. Kindlyexplain so that I can trade with this Statergy of your's

Status
Not open for further replies.