My algo trading daily performance

Can anybody know about how to code a intraday strategy in algo and also run a backrest like any professional who can help traders like me who know about the market have some knowledge and we want to improve the trading latency and want to use algo as a helper tool for quick trading but also not having any knowledge about algo or python coding but I do trade on amibroker and know about technical analysis. If anyone can suggest me to the right way because algo coding is very much difficult to learn.

TradeOptions

Can anybody know about how to code a intraday strategy in algo and also run a backrest like any professional who can help traders like me who know about the market have some knowledge and we want to improve the trading latency and want to use algo as a helper tool for quick trading but also not having any knowledge about algo or python coding but I do trade on amibroker and know about technical analysis. If anyone can suggest me to the right way because algo coding is very much difficult to learn.
Hi gurjant

I have posted my reply on your separate thread here -
http://www.traderji.com/algo-automated-trading/101346-i-want-algo-coding-writer-my-strategy.html

Thanks and regards

mechtrader

Hi all,

I am late to update this expiry as I was out of station and returned a day ago.
This series I had decided to go live with the full model and it turned out to be not a good outing for me. The drawdown for the model increased this whole month. I finally decided to go back again to half position sizes from 21st march. This is the first time i am experiencing a drawdown in my portfolio and have made a plan around it.

Everything apart from the performance of the model was under control and within limits.

As stated above I am again going to work only with the half model and scale up slowly if the model recovers. Sometimes I feel that i was a bit hasty in doubling the position sizes but then i realize that it is always easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. My logics were perfectly correct when i decided to go full throttle. Unfortunately it didnot work out. I will now go as per the plan in the above image.

All the best to all for the April series.

Cheers,
MT

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Maybe I don't agree with your above post. Any ways thanks to you and your thread, I also started auto trading with symphony.

I will pm you my views about the above I post

TradeOptions

mech bro, such draw-downs are part of the trading business, happens with everyone. It is important to focus on the Risk Management Aspects of the overall trading model during such times. Because during profitable phase, we tend to become ignorant about them, but when we have a loosing month, that enables us to Focus on this critical aspect, so that the draw-down does not gets extended beyond manageable limits.

Wish you all the best for trading ahead.

With regards

TradeOptions

Hi Mechtrader,

Looks like slippages are eating away too much of your money(close to 40%). any thoughts on limiting it? Are you placing the orders at Market price or higher bid price?
Ya, I was also shocked to see that kind of slippage ! What could be the reasons for such huge slippage value ?

Could it be possible that there is some lag in the datafeed etc., such that till the time the trade trigger gets generated in mechtrader VPS, the real market might have already move away from that price, thereby causing the slippage.

I experienced such issue with my esignal datafeed few years back, when there was considerable lag in the price being showed in the tick charts based on esignal, and the actual price in the broker terminal where I was punching in the orders. It noticed it to be even 3-4 seconds late sometime, although esignal is a professional and authorized data feed.

I have no idea, if that could be the case with mechtrader as well, but I am just guessing.

Hopefully, he has done proper research in this direction and is aware of the real reasons behind such huge slippage.

Thanks and regards

mechtrader

I have always stated that i do my backtesting with 600Rs per trade as slippage and commissions and taxes. It has been same all along. This month slippage was better according to me. It was 450 per trade. Maybe the number of trades have increased thats why you feel this.

Anyone incurring less than 450 per trade may help.

MT