My algo trading daily performance

Hi Mech trader,
1.In backtesting, whats the accuracy of ur trades(winning/losing ratio)?
2. U seem to have around 20-30 stocks in ur watchlist.. what kinda money management principle u apply? SInce in algo if ur conditions gets satisfied even10 stocks can come per day. So curious to know abt how u manage funds?
3. From ur backtesting and going live now frankly how much % of the profit is eaten up by slippage (Rough figure is fine)
4. What's your drawdown while backtesting?
AM sorry if the above questions are answered by you already :)

mechtrader

Hi Mech trader,
1.In backtesting, whats the accuracy of ur trades(winning/losing ratio)?
2. U seem to have around 20-30 stocks in ur watchlist.. what kinda money management principle u apply? SInce in algo if ur conditions gets satisfied even10 stocks can come per day. So curious to know abt how u manage funds?
3. From ur backtesting and going live now frankly how much % of the profit is eaten up by slippage (Rough figure is fine)
4. What's your drawdown while backtesting?
AM sorry if the above questions are answered by you already :)
Hi skamal,

1. winning/losing ratio is 45-55. Yes winners are less as this system is trend following with no targets.
2. Correct, I keep a watchlist of 15 stocks. While backtesting a portfolio in amibroker there is a option to set max open positions in a portfolio. I keep max open positions as 10. Even when I backtested with max open positons as 15 there were hardly 50 more trades in around 4 years time. So, I conclude that I can apply my money management keeping 10 positions in mind.
3. This one is tough to answer. I have been testing different scenarios to reduce the slippage, but I admit that I am not yet successful at it. I cant really comment that how much is the difference as I mix discretion on some days. I will say that slippage of Rs 200 per completed trade is a conservative estimate.
4. Look I dont really look at drawdown much. I believe more so in CAR/MDD.
I believe that a realized ratio of more than 3 is considered very good for an intraday system.

Thanks,
MT

DSM

Hi MechTrader,

Just a view. Would capping loss in a particular script to say a certain amount, or as a % (say 50% or 60%) of average winners improve the performance of the system?

mechtrader

Hi MechTrader,

Just a view. Would capping loss in a particular script to say a certain amount, or as a % (say 50% or 60%) of average winners improve the performance of the system?
Thanks for the suggestion DSM, pls keep them coming.
I am afraid that it doesnt improve the performance as I have already tried optimizing the stop loss and it doesnt give a consistent output. Better combinations are there for sure but I feel that would be a curve fit.

Thanks,
MT