Mutual fund through Demat A/C

Hello,
I am a novice investor. I have some queries. I recently opened ICICIDirect demat A/C.

1. I was thinking of investing in ICICI Pru FMCG (G) & SBI Magnum Pharma (G) fund for a long term period of 300 months with Rs. 1000/- each as SIP. Do you think this is wise?
2. If I invest as SIP through my demat acccount and I want to change my demat account say in 3 years, do I need to close the sip started through the present demat A/C?
3. Do you have any advises regarding diversifying my investment to maybe like Rs. 500 each in Large/Small & Mid cap/ FMP/ Debt, instead of my decision in Point no. 1?

Thank you, and I apprecite any help you can provide. It maybe apparent to most of you seeing how my questions were framed that I am new to this. So I'll appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Regards

I suggest you to go to http://www.valueresearchonline.com/ do some research on various category of funds.

But 300 month is very very long term. You can start SIP for 1 year and at the end of the year , check fund's performance and if you like the fund , then renew the SIP. Reviewing fund's performance periodically is really critical. Don't invest in any fund blindly. Do some research and then choose the fund.

Broker Special Offers

Intraday Higher Leverage

Save up to 90% in brokerage and get higher leverage for intraday trades.

Name:Phone:
Email:City:
State:
Are you a day trader?