Maximize profit using SH's strategy

Till last year 315 was awesome. This year SST has given better result than 315.

In last 2 months, 315 was good compared to SST due to rangebound.
Thanks T4J. You have given a valuable input of combining all SH's strategies/ methods.

I will like to have the opinions of all experts here including T4J on the comments done by T4J (with due respect to T4J's study). I too have opined here with my comments.

1. Till last year 315 was awesome. - I feel SST would have been also worked here. Your comments, pl.

2. This year SST has given better result than 315. - According to me SST will always give more profit than 315, because we do not have to much worry about whipsaw on EOD timeframe as it gives big losses compare to 30 min timframe whipsaw. Pl. comment.

3. In last 2 months, 315 was good compared to SST due to rangebound. - I don't agree with this. According to 'SH Swing Strategy - Trade Tracker' , in May we collected 631 points & in June we got 154 points on Nifty. Have we collected more points by 315 strategy? I have not focused on this. Pl. throw some light on this.

And last point. In the month of July, I agree we would have earned at least 100 points as per 315 Strategy, but by SST strategy as per Trade Tracker sheet our gain is negative -104. I did not understand why it is negative this month. According to T4J, it was range bound (in EOD or in 30 min?)

Regards.

Last edited:

trade4joisar

Till last year 315 was awesome. This year SST has given better result than 315.

In last 2 months, 315 was good compared to SST due to rangebound.
Thanks T4J. You have given a valuable input of combining all SH's strategies/ methods.

I will like to have the opinions of all experts here including T4J on the comments done by T4J (with due respect to T4J's study). I too have opined here with my comments.
1. Till last year 315 was awesome. - I feel SST would have been also worked here. Your comments, pl.

@T4J: In icharts for 30 mins, it only provides for last 20 days. SH, shared SST in Feb, 2012, So i am not aware of last year.

2. This year SST has given better result than 315. - According to me SST will always give more profit than 315, because we do not have to much worry about whipsaw on EOD timeframe as it gives big losses compare to 30 min timframe whipsaw. Pl. comment.

@T4J: Yes, you are right. This year 315 gave around 7 crossover at a stracth & because of that there was big loss.

3. In last 2 months, 315 was good compared to SST due to rangebound. - I don't agree with this. According to 'SH Swing Strategy - Trade Tracker' , in May we collected 631 points & in June we got 154 points on Nifty. Have we collected more points by 315 strategy? I have not focused on this. Pl. throw some light on this.

@T4J: I was talking about June & July and not May. In June around 400 points from 315 where as there was too many whipsaws in June This was includes 3 ema left & all other rules. In July also there was around 150-200 points.

And last point. In the month of July, I agree we would have earned at least 100 points as per 315 Strategy, but by SST strategy as per Trade Tracker sheet our gain is negative -104. I did not understand why it is negative this month. According to T4J, it was range bound (in EOD or in 30 min?)

@T4J: Result were negative in July because every now and then SAR / TSL was hitting on both sides in 30 mins.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks T4J for your reply.

In July, we were negative in SST. Would have been it positive if we would have used pyramiding / adding technique? You are closely following up, that is why I am asking you.

Since February, are you using both methods 315 & SST? If yes, is it covering the losses made by another method?

We have to check if we can combine these methods for entries , exits, adding,etc. (It may give less no. of trades & early exits & may be less profit. Need to check). If time permits, I will try to do it in 10-15 days, as I will be traveling in next 2 weeks in different time zones.

Thanks again for your detail reply.

gunsho

@T4J: Yes, you are right. This year 315 gave around 7 crossover at a stracth & because of that there was big loss.
Looks like you have grown with SH's strategies :).

What I understand from all the discussions is, in 315, when good trades are there, it is always >200 or so. Let me know if this is not correct.

Hedging with an option will help in such whipsaws. For example yesterday 3/15 gave a buy yesterday. We can buy + 5200PE (~70). The cost added is 70, but will help in case of any whipsaws/gap against our positions. This will be fruitful, when the profits on good trades is considerably better than this hedging cost :)

trade4joisar

Looks like you have grown with SH's strategies :).

What I understand from all the discussions is, in 315, when good trades are there, it is always >200 or so. Let me know if this is not correct.

Hedging with an option will help in such whipsaws. For example yesterday 3/15 gave a buy yesterday. We can buy + 5200PE (~70). The cost added is 70, but will help in case of any whipsaws/gap against our positions. This will be fruitful, when the profits on good trades is considerably better than this hedging cost :)
hmm, right with options we can limit losses due to false crossover.

BTW, yesterday there was up crossover so 5200 CE, you mean.

gunsho

hmm, right with options we can limit losses due to false crossover.

BTW, yesterday there was up crossover so 5200 CE, you mean.
5200 PE only. I didn't mean to buy options, instead of long in futures. What I meant is hedge with options while trading with futures.

We will go long in futures + buy 5200 PE (When shorting NF, buy CE). If futures goes up, we will loose this PE's value. If futures goes down, PE will hedge the losses.

trade4joisar

GFZ

30 mins: 5167 - 5325

Daily: 4895 - 5520

SST

Long mode

Bear SAR = 5167
TSL = 5239

15 ema: 5245

After whole day, 15 ema touched @ 2:30 with low made of 5240.15 and then bull canle with high of 5263.15 & next candle made high of 5264.85 which can be used to add with SL @ 5239. If price goes above 5267 then 5239 will became SAR.

Long Mode

3 ema = 5229
15 ema = 5195

CMP = 5256.30

3 ema just touched.

trade4joisar

GFZ

30 mins: 5163 - 5320

Daily: 4889 - 5513

SST

Long mode

Bull SAR : 5167

15 ema: 5242

Today in 1st 30 mins itself TSL hit. Then at 1:00 we again had a bullish candle closed above 15 ema with high of 5247 with SL @ 5221. 3:00 PM candle break high of this candle. So long with SL @ 5221. Now as SH said previously 9 out of 10 times if TSL hit then SAR will too hit & this time we have 2nd TSL. Let see.

Long Mode

3 ema = 5239
15 ema = 5202

CMP = 5246.70

trade4joisar

GFZ

30 mins: 5138 - 5294

Daily: 4884 - 5508

SST

Long mode

Bull SAR: 5167

15 ema: 5223

After TSL for 2nd time, price made low of 5176 & then bounce back from there & made high of 5247. There was also freak trade in daily as it shows low made of 5100.

I myself saw a price made low of 5180 but did not take long with SL @ 5167 :(. else one should have got RR of 8:1 + profit on monday :thumb:.

Now looking @ world market, monday we will break recent high i.e. 5267 then Bull SAR will be moved to 5175

Long Mode

3 ema = 5239
15 ema = 5206

CMP = 5241