Manoj's Trading Diary

amitrandive

1st mistake of today, both the entries were on hourly chart and trailing stop was on 5 minute, got hit.
I feel once i got signal on hourly chart entry should have been on 5 minute chart and stop loss should have been on hourly or may be on daily chart.

Seniors please comment on this as I genuinely feel that my biggest problem is that I am not able to put stop loss, in fact trailing stop properly.

Can anybody suggest a way to trail stop ?
Manoj

My views,
If you are trading intraday, entry and exit both should be on the same time frame eg: If entry is on 15 min time frame, exit should also be on 15 mins.

Stop loss can be on any time frame , there is no perfect stop loss.
Some examples of stop losses are
1)Major swing high's and swing lows,
2)Day high and day low,
3)Support and resistances.
4)Time stop.

There are many ways to trail a stop, though all are not 100% effective , but most will get you a decent profit.Some ways to trail stop are
1)Parabolic SAR
2)Major swing high's and swing lows,
3)Support and resistances.
4)Moving averages,
5)Trendlines,
6)Candlestick patterns.

The important point is whether to trail a stop or book full profits.That is a call you have to take based on your Risk-Reward ratio.

manojborle

Yesterday's both trades targets achieved, both trades could have been great profits.
So seriously I need to work on Trailing stops.

manojborle

picture uploader

Today's Trade
(Broke the commitment of paper trading as could not resist myself from taking the trades, anyways got 17+ points in 1st trade and 24+ points in 2nd trade)

Enough for day as My goal for intraday trading in nf is 20 points per day which is done.

manojborle

Valid breakdown on 5 minute spot nifty.
target 7616

manojborle

Now valid breakout on 5 min spot nifty, target around 7635

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 1
manojborle Trading Diary 566
manojborle Trading Diary 39
manojborle Futures 530