Let us try a cheap lesson. Interactive.

AW10

Vishal, Like trading, here also in TJ what u can control is your action.
You have absolutely no control how others will take it. So don't worry about the response.

Probably my post will cheer you up.

Keep smiling man.. (yes now you look better with that smile)

bunny

Vishal, Like trading, here also in TJ what u can control is your action.
You have absolutely no control how others will take it. So don't worry about the response.

If one wants something to worry, then its your money, and only your money.

Lets put the equation in its coldest forms:
  1. I like your analysis and work. So do you earn money from me? No.
  2. I don't like your analysis and work. So do you lose money because of it? No.
  3. Your analysis is correct, you make money, even though people don't respond.
  4. Your analysis is incorrect, you lose money, but people respond positively.
You choose what you want, either one or all, your choice. If I am asked, I choose money, don't care a bit about how people take it(and thats is why I am very cold, though I do not kick over the beehive because I want honey). If people appreciate it, thank it and move forwards, if not, still you should look forwards.

Its a human tendency to seek consensus. If 8 out of 10 people are a particular view, and the other 2 of are opposite view, the 8 people gang together and term the other 2 as biased. Majority wins, minority loses. Thankfully and fundamentally, markets don't and can't work that way.

vishalalluri

you have absolutely no control how others will take it. So don't worry about the response.

hi aw10

always love to read your posts they are so explanatory simple
i like the way u approached with different timeframes hope in this process ill build better skills like dese

i have just started understanding the nr7 model of trading and i have been trying to enter the last 2 months ohlc values for nifty
if u have updated kindly send me the excel sheet it would be of great help

ur post on acc really openend ma mind towards how we can also think about trades and scrips

might be its simple for u but great learning for me :)

looking forward for more posts

:D:D cant put more smileys.............

vishalalluri

If one wants something to worry, then its your money, and only your money.

Lets put the equation in its coldest forms:
  1. I like your analysis and work. So do you earn money from me? No.
  2. I don't like your analysis and work. So do you lose money because of it? No.
  3. Your analysis is correct, you make money, even though people don't respond.
  4. Your analysis is incorrect, you lose money, but people respond positively.
You choose what you want, either one or all, your choice. If I am asked, I choose money, don't care a bit about how people take it(and thats is why I am very cold, though I do not kick over the beehive because I want honey). If people appreciate it, thank it and move forwards, if not, still you should look forwards.

Its a human tendency to seek consensus. If 8 out of 10 people are a particular view, and the other 2 of are opposite view, the 8 people gang together and term the other 2 as biased. Majority wins, minority loses. Thankfully and fundamentally, markets don't and can't work that way.
HI BUNNY

LETS KEEP IT SIMPLE LUCID AND EASYGOING AND DO OUR TRADING :)

I LIKE THE STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS IN YOU:cheers:

veluri1967

Thankfully and fundamentally, markets don't and can't work that way.
Bunny,
Its wonderful. Its because of this fact, i am still in the market. No one can have monopoly over the market whether big or small.
Every one has a equal share in the market. Its upto them how to take it or loose it.
I really appreciate your positive contributions in this thread.
Thank you so much.
An appeal. Why donot u post your analysis on ACC so that we can review all of our postings by week end.

veluri1967

Time frame - Multiday / Swing

Time frame - Positional / buy and hold
Thank u AW-10.
I have a silly doubt but it is really haunting me. If you donot mind please clafiry.

In Intraday trading, we can sell or buy and trades have to be squared off by the end of day. So, there is no problem of delivery of shares.

But in Positional and Swing Trade, if we buy shares we take the delivery of shares by paying the amount. I suppose we can short shares only when we actually possess them. Do u mind explaining me how to short shares in positional and Swing Trade. Because i like to trade both ways ie buy or sell.

Another question is that... suppose i bought xyz shares today and i want to sell them within 1-3 days time. Broker takes sometime to give the delivery of shares to me may be 3-4 days time. Unless i have the delivery, how can i proceed selling the same shares within 1-3 days. Is it possible or i should wait until delivery is made in meantime i may loose the chance of booking profit. The same case with sell order also. When i short today, i need to deliver the same today or mostly by tomorrow. I short because i expect the prices to go down so that i can buy at cheaper rates may be after 1-3 days.
How can I sell the shares so as to settle the delivery against my future buys.

I am really unable to understand how to go about it. I would be grateful if you could explain me each and every doubt as posed by me above.

veluri1967

Its week end. Let up rap up our ACC trading. I have made a 2% profit. but not met the defined targets. Will wait for another week to reassess the trade.

Here are the scrips for this week's analysis.

Sesa Goa

Aurobindo Pharma.
I felt there is no need to attach the required charts.
As usual project your analysis.:thumb:

Here are my projections.

Sesa Goa

Exibiting nice uptrend both in Weekly and Daily Charts.
Expecting a due correction in the price and would consider it for a BUY when the price retraces 10/20 days Moving Average. BUY right now may result at the TOP. (I think it is dozi formed at the top previous day indicating underlying indecision).
Though MACD is looking up I feel it not convincing enough to enter the stock right now.
OBV has not shown any divergence. RSI is already hovering in overbought region indicating not much steam in the scrip.

Aurobindo Pharma

CMP 865.80 Target 912. Stop Loss 824
Exhibiting nice uptrend both in weekly and daily charts.
All indicators are in favour of a BUY.

STOP LOSS hit on 22/10/2009. Book Loss.
MACD crossed down.

Last edited:

AW10

Veluri.

Thank u AW-10.
But in Positional and Swing Trade, if we buy shares we take the delivery of shares by paying the amount. I suppose we can short shares only when we actually possess them. Do u mind explaining me how to short shares in positional and Swing Trade. Because i like to trade both ways ie buy or sell.
Very simple answer - use futures to short or take bearish position using options.

You are right, that we can't short stocks on positional basis.. but when reading charts, we are making our mind regarding trade setup. Next decision is about which instrument to use, and draw the complete trade plan for the trade including exit levels (loss exits, profit exits and trailing exits)

Another question is that... suppose i bought xyz shares today and i want to sell them within 1-3 days time. Broker takes sometime to give the delivery of shares to me may be 3-4 days time. Unless i have the delivery, how can i proceed selling the same shares within 1-3 days. Is it possible or i should wait until delivery is made in meantime i may loose the chance of booking profit. The same case with sell order also. When i short today, i need to deliver the same today or mostly by tomorrow. I short because i expect the prices to go down so that i can buy at cheaper rates may be after 1-3 days.
How can I sell the shares so as to settle the delivery against my future buys.
This is realistic constraint in our settlement system at this stage and we have to live with it. This makes our job of active positional/swing trading with stocks a bit difficult cause we can't exit when we want.
As mentioned above - F&O trading gives us this flexbiltiy. Risk amount/ account size / overnight open risk and fear of opening gap etc could pose constraints in stock futures trading.. but options may help in overcoming this constraint.

but agains- all stock options are not liquid enough.. So you have new constraint.

Doesn't that make trading a job of overcoming these practical constraints

My suggestion will be to trade NIFTY in F&O or limit to other active stocks in F&O. or wait till account size grows to a level where u can trade stock futures comfortably.

My dream solution is - our brokers and regulators change the system and allow shorting stocks.

Happy Trading