Joining the Gym, Makes You a Better Trader?

:confused:

Regular exercise is not just about blood flows to the stomach or blood flows to the frontal lobes during sex, its more about the neurotransmitters released during vigorous exercise (like serotonin).Lets not forget that lack of exercise has been commonly attributed to Type2 Diabetes, cardiovascular disease etc. Also regular exercise helps in managing stress which is quite common among traders especially the tip-chasing, MACD and Elliott varieties.
The 15th repetition of the 3rd set on the bench press, especially when you are the only one counting, is all about discipline and strong will.

Thanks

beginner_av

hey man. look at this. if u join the gym, you'll open so many avenues. you'll trade better. you'll bed better. and if you blow up you can be a gym instructor!

on a serious note, your family is a gem. please take their advice blindly on this. how do you think we sit more than 12 hours per day on this damned chair? (CV may be sitting on a Herman! poor me, cant even afford the H ;) ).
but go to all gyms. body, mind and trading!

krishna23

go the gym if you want to ,or else u'll end up payin' and then start finding excuses to skip ur session...
oh & u can meet some babes at a gym if that motivates u:D
but then again trade only as much as you can handle...
too many trades will be stressful no matter what gym u go to...
one more thing that helps is making money...that'll be extremely relaxin'!

skarpio

[...] (CV may be sitting on a Herman! poor me, cant even afford the H ;) ).
So what? Hermans are overpriced pains-in-the-you-know-where. But my butt seems to be in love with it -- the distance between my Herman and the treadmill is about 4 floors and you've got a lift to go there and yet ...

Hello everyone,
Going to a gym is a good idea. We all need physical exercise to feel invigorated..better do it early in the morning.....

But going to a gym is not the only option. In fact you will still have to dedicate and block extra time...........for such an activity.

You can create a place at home where you can do yoga, meditation, situps, pushups, dumbells, treadmill....whatever and then take 20 mins in the morning to jog....do it for 6 months without missing a single day and watch wonders happening in your life......your body and brain will get addicted to it due to release of a certain harmone and then you will not want to miss it...

More importantly with the above activities your attitude will shift to positive.....your awareness starts to increase........you will spot more opportunities....you will develop the ability to stay in the present.....

Another thought while I'm here....use your mind to focus on something while you train - repeating your goal or statement of purpose, affirmations to create new empowering trading beliefs, etc......would be even more powerful..

Thanks
shreenath

This is an awesome article that has helped me in my health and allowed me to focus on trading: http://www.traderplanet.com/blogs/thetraininggenius/2009/07/09/inflammatory-foods-part-1/

Check it out. There is also a part 2 to the article: http://www.traderplanet.com/blogs/thetraininggenius/2009/07/15/inflammatory-foods-part-2/

Being healthy and active is so important to better trading so you have a clear mind :)

Last edited: