IPO investment - limit

Most of the companies give the purchase limit of Rs 50,000 to a retail investor during IPO. It means as a retail investor I can't invest more than 50,000 in that IPO.

What if, I bid for that IPO twice (for 50,000 each time) from my same DMAT account? Will the DP accept my second bid or will it cancel it?

I wanted to try it, but I thought of asking this query here :)

Ashish Jain said:
Most of the companies give the purchase limit of Rs 50,000 to a retail investor during IPO. It means as a retail investor I can't invest more than 50,000 in that IPO.

What if, I bid for that IPO twice (for 50,000 each time) from my same DMAT account? Will the DP accept my second bid or will it cancel it?

The Rs. 50,000.00 limit is set for the small investor where one does not have to declare a PAN number.

You can bid for a higher amount than Rs. 50,000.00 in the high networth client catagory where you will have to furnish a PAN number.

It would be advisable to check with your broker regarding this.

more than one application from the same demat a/c is not accepted.
Dont try it as you might end up get all your appication cancelled.

Regards
chetna jain

Ashish Jain said:

If a person has two DP accounts with different companies. And he applies for any ipo from both the accounts for Rs.50000.00. Which category will he fall in.