Invitation for wisdom - Dataservices

dear sudhir sir

first of all i beg apology from my rough thread.

by the way r u talkin of esignal of kolkata or some one different?

secondly i dont know the exact source of their st data,but i hav tried that last month & it gets updated within 5 sec.Its also does not need to be refreshed.

pricin was at 3000 per mon for nse & 4000 for mcx.

and lastly where can i get the list of data buyers of nse (plz post the link)

hey sudhir...yesterday I saw that their basic plan of $85 is scrapped...they now give stocks+futures for BSE and NSE....125 from 1st Jun 07...

Is it a new update that you are talking about? Will check it right now...
Hi beginner_av:

Pl. look at this page.

https://www.moneyam.com/worldmarkets/

Does it mean RT data at 24.95 +2 USD ?

I've tried to access their contact link but that leads to eSignal which in turn doesn't load. May be you can 'investigate'.

I came across the price for real time data from esignal
Viratech guy is telling me it costs 10k for a months & then if u extend 35 k for 3 months & further 55k for full year
He was telling me there are 212 securities including all futures & only those with volume 50000 more,per 5min or something i couldnt get
Guys plz help me out
Is this ok
Naveen

Name: Soubhagya ( www.soubhagya.biz)
Type: EOD(nse,bse,mcx,ncdex,us,forex,world comdity)/IEOD(5 mins of all 1 stmon fut & its equitites+certain other 5 min chart on client request)/real time ( NSE & MCDEX )

Cost: Eod ( Rs 2500), Eod + IEOD ( Rs 3000)

Reliability:High, Excellent Backfill- 24 Hrs.( manual support till 2 am)
Business Continuity:Excellent
Markets Served:NSE
Instruments: Stocks & Futures.& commodity

Whose who are buy data at a high cost,i dont know why they do so.
it is learnt that soubhagya is reselling data of liverageindia.claim of 24 hour backfill is hogwash

Name: eSignal
Type: EOD/Intraday(Tick)- 10second update.
Cost:Rs 5633 per month on ICICI credit card payment, including foreign exchange charges etc.(Billing US$ 117 per month) - for stocks &futures.
Limit of 200 symbols.
Reliability:High, Excellent Backfill- 24 Hrs.
Business Continuity:Excellent
Markets Served:NSE
Instruments: Stocks & Futures.
Sudhir can you plz tell me whom to contact inindia to get this this e signal package
i have been told that viratech is authorised venor but he tells that minimum only 5 min data with 202 sybols is available i.e one cannot make 1/3 min bars
is it true
plz clarify

Sudhir can you plz tell me whom to contact inindia to get this this e signal package
i have been told that viratech is authorised venor but he tells that minimum only 5 min data with 202 sybols is available i.e one cannot make 1/3 min bars
is it true
plz clarify
You only need a credit card. No Viratech or agent is required.

Log in to www.esignal.com, register, pay US$ 117.00 and within 3 minutes your software (Ami, Meta, wealthlab, OT, NSDT etc.) starts pulsating with realtime tick data. A straight American sales deal. No catches. No salesmen who won't return your calls once you pay upfront. In rupee terms my bill for this month was Rs.4922.

If you need real time intraday data to develop your own technical strategies don't rely on any indian RT data "vendors" if they don't give you a 30 day free trial.

I am not advising but only giving my unsolicited view that once one has access to REAL real time tick data, development of a profitable trading strategy with such wonderful softwares is just a matter of time and hard work.

I'm in the market since 1991. The first computer stock market trade thorugh a modem on a regular telephone landline from a broker's office in india was done by me as the very first operational broker of OTCEI, much before NSE started.So i guess i can express a view out of turn.

Go get the data, spend you weekends working hard on training your strategies/predictions on historical intraday data, then use the same strategy/prediction intraday for real time trading with a software which backtests and train your realtime data in realtime as the data comes into your laptop and sparkles out the real time signals and predictions. Why waste your time with salesmen of viratechs, spider etc?..

.... Its a long and lonely journey to mint street, absolutely no short cuts (tips).

with best wishes.

Last edited:
Thnx a lot sudhir
Just one more query
I have bought Metastock 8 from viratech
Now if i subscribe to esignal directly by registering will there be any problem
i am unable to talk to their live representative
also if i register & buy from a friends credit card will there be any issues
Also $117 is for NSE data only or includes other exchanges like cbot, cme etc
With pros like u in the forum it hepls a lot
Thnx

Last edited:
Thnx a lot sudhir
Just one more query
I have bought Metastock 8 from viratech
Now if i subscribe to esignal directly by registering will there be any problem
i am unable to talk to their live representative
also if i register & buy from a friends credit card will there be any issues
Also $117 is for NSE data only or includes other exchanges like cbot, cme etc
With pros like u in the forum it hepls a lot
Thnx
If you have metastock with eSignal plug in, there'll be absolutely no problem. You can check in metastock : tools>options>application properties>eSignal tab or ask Viratech.

No issues at all if you buy on a friends credit card. I did that for the first time and had a free 30 days trial. Then I subscribed on my own card. And they gave me another month free for attending their 'learning' internet seminars !
Tell that to our own data providers :)

You can even cancel subscription before 30 days. It will still feed data till the end of 30 days. And within 10 days of next billing cycle, your friend's credit card account will receive back US$ 117 minus $2 (NSE exchange fee) and minus about 3.5% foreign exchange transaction charges of the credit card issuer.

Absolutely no human contact required for all this.

It will be either for NSE or BSE. includes futures. no options (cost extra). 200 symbols limit. Also includes eSignals free charting software. And goodies like Times & Sales Window.

But if you can wait there will be cheaper data only package by end of May. See my post #7 in this thread.

thnx sudhir
I will definitely wait till may
I dont have the plug in but it shows the reuters datafeed
I will find out with viratech
BTW how much backfill do they provide like say i need 3min NF data since 2004, will i get it
i had already send them a query reagrding this but just wanted to confirm
also is their charting software good for strategy testing
i mean can i just use that & byepass Metastock alltogether
Thnx again
naveen

If you have metastock with eSignal plug in, there'll be absolutely no problem. You can check in metastock : tools>options>application properties>eSignal tab or ask Viratech.

No issues at all if you buy on a friends credit card. I did that for the first time and had a free 30 days trial. Then I subscribed on my own card. And they gave me another month free for attending their 'learning' internet seminars !
Tell that to our own data providers :)

You can even cancel subscription before 30 days. It will still feed data till the end of 30 days. And within 10 days of next billing cycle, your friend's credit card account will receive back US$ 117 minus $2 (NSE exchange fee) and minus about 3.5% foreign exchange transaction charges of the credit card issuer.

Absolutely no human contact required for all this.

It will be either for NSE or BSE. includes futures. no options (cost extra). 200 symbols limit. Also includes eSignals free charting software. And goodies like Times & Sales Window.

But if you can wait there will be cheaper data only package by end of May. See my post #7 in this thread.
Sudhir
I got the equis tab in application properties by rerunning the setup of Metastock & selecting esignal as the realtime data vendor
i also talked with a live representative at equis he says RT data from esignal will work fine
Thnx for saving me from vendors fleecing customers