Investment Advice

Hi,

I am totally new to investments as I have just started my career in S/w Industry (2+ years). I need your Guidance regarding Few Things. My main concern right now is to save tax and earn some profits

1) I have opted for UTI ULIP Plan for 10 years.(Long Term)

2) I will be investing in FDs for tax Savings (5 years) (Medium Term)

3) I want to invest in ELSS (Short Term)

My Question is regarding the ELSS and ULIP. Searching on NET and your paper made me confused, I was thinking of investing 10K in ELSS, on googling I found out HDFC Tax Saver is good, some papershowed Principle MF is doing good? Which should I buy? What should I look for ? I am totally confused.

Regarding ULIP- How Can I track, my ULIP? Is the Decision for UTI ULIP is good or bad. What are current Trends?

Please advise me. I am new to investment markets and your advice will motivate me towards good investment.

Thanks and Regards,

Shival Sharma

ULIP : Unit linked insurance polices which are mainly meant for giving insurance coverage to investor & at the same time to earn profits by investing in equites.
ULIPs takes lots of charges for insurance & invest only some amt in equites.

ELSS: Mutual funds will only invest all the amount in equities

so u have to choose whether u want insurance ?

my advice is that simply invest ELSS(mutual funds) + for insurance go for LIC of india

Best ELSS is Birla tax relief 96, sbi magnum, kotak,........

ULIPS are better in todays market since...Equity itself is going down and the other open market debt funds are also not giving good returns so where does a consumer invest...

He/She invests in ULIPS...they are a capital guaranteed plans which will allow you to transfer money from Equity to Debt switched 12 times a year...so that you can maximise your wealth looking at the market conditions at that point in time...

ULIPS are good since they give you the option of Investing...they are tax free under section 80C and 10-10D...and they also allow switching according to market conditions...

The good ULIPS available in the market are:- MetLife,IDBI-Fortis Wealthassurance, etc.

I recommend MetLife since I was reading a lot of articles on MetLife and their excellent payout and hassle free service on unfortunate death of the policy holder...

Regards
Rohan Sehgal

Hey friends,

I want to invest in UTI ULIP (not metlife, etc.). Can you tell me- Is there any risk behind this policy for a long term plan ?

I can't comment on others, though I have a good personal experience with Birla Sun Life Mutual Funds. They have host of plans such as gold etf, frontline equity fund, dynamic bond fund, tax saving funds, etc and I would recommend you the same.

throwawayacc123

Don't bother investing in MF, at best you will break even after 5-10 years. Currently NIFTY is at a all time high and who knows market may go down south or stay flat for a long time.

Keep the money in FD, you may not make much but at least you will earn some consistent interest.

and finally there is always trading as a business if you are interested.

For investment in share trading and money control you can approach well experienced brokers as your intermediates so that they can help you investing your money properly and safely with bringing you minor losses when it is necessary..

aryan.

For investment in share trading and money control you can approach well experienced brokers as your intermediates so that they can help you investing your money properly and safely with bringing you minor losses when it is necessary..
Are you a broker?

A broker is not your friend, never listen to his advice. The more you trade, the more commission your broker makes.