Internet requirement for intraday trading

Riskyman

Don't know much about data needed ...but I previously(before JIO came) used IDEA 's dongle of 1GB monthly plan which give me 20+ days unimterupt use of NEST & NOW RTD data to ami etc.....after that JIO came am using it since its start...:)

Vijay, I think he is asking about the bandwidth needed to run GDFL data. I would reckon atleast a 1 mbps line for smooth functioning. I remember 5 years ago I used to have a 1 mbps line and trading on nest was fine. In todays world I think no one offers anything less than 1 MB bandwidth. This should cost you no more than 500-600 Rs per month.

niftytaurus

ONE QUORAUSER POST

How is the reception on vodafone/airtel in your area. If you have either of these connections, try using wifi hotspot through your phone. They are usually more reliable these days( depending upon your area). And I would agree with Riskyman on this. Airtel broadband will be more expensive but is way more reliable than bsnl.
Vijay, I think he is asking about the bandwidth needed to run GDFL data. I would reckon atleast a 1 mbps line for smooth functioning. I remember 5 years ago I used to have a 1 mbps line and trading on nest was fine. In todays world I think no one offers anything less than 1 MB bandwidth. This should cost you no more than 500-600 Rs per month.
Ya You are right!
I wanted to know the internet speed which is required for smooth running of NEST TRADER & gfdl data..Sometimes i use 1 min chart also..so data should be live without delay..GFDL gives that kind of data..but for smooth running their data flow, I want to know what is minimum requiremnet of speed
thanks

niftytaurus

I am ready to pay as much as any internet company want..but problem is they promise for 2mbps but that speed never comes..
so Should I take 5 mbps plan, so if it gives 50% of what is promised, I can get at least 2 mbps..what say?

Are you using your internet connection for phone (voice calls) also
If so then keep it separate.
Better to go for JIOFi or Airtel HotSpot, cheap and best.
About 1000 one time cost and then 150 per month only for 1.4 GB data

BTW, I wont suggest you to take an internet line from your neighbour, as it may have security and other issues, unless you understand what you are doing.

BTW, which city you are based in

I use a You Broadband fixed cable line connection for a lot of my work. I think its speed is 5-10Mbps. The experience of a fixed cable is something different.

Other than this, I have a Jio-Fi as backup and an Idea/Vodafone hotspot in case all else fails.
Yeah, I had earlier used Den broadband in Delhi. It was quite good and steady. Used to use You broadband from 2003-2015, but then the connection quality became bad. Wasn't using it for trading though. You have a good combo with cable + backup dongle. Which city are you based in ?

NJ78

Yeah, I had earlier used Den broadband in Delhi. It was quite good and steady. Used to use You broadband from 2003-2015, but then the connection quality became bad. Wasn't using it for trading though. You have a good combo with cable + backup dongle. Which city are you based in ?
I'm based in Mumbai. Actually You Broadband was the first internet connection I got way back in 2007. This was much before adding Rcom's Netconnect to the mix. Even though Netconnect is no more, I still use You Broadband (so that's 11 years straight). There were issues with it a couple years ago but after its acquisition by Vodafone, it has gotten better.

Riskyman

I am ready to pay as much as any internet company want..but problem is they promise for 2mbps but that speed never comes..
so Should I take 5 mbps plan, so if it gives 50% of what is promised, I can get at least 2 mbps..what say?
Like already mentioned 1 Mbps bandwidth is the Minimum. Above that what speed you want to choose is your personal choice. For Nest/GDFL, 1 MBPS line is sufficient for trading. If you want to be very sure then opt for a 2 Mbps line. Just make sure that whatever you choose is a dedicated line, preferably optical fibre or the good old copper wire. Keep a Jio wifi as a back up only. I do not suggest trading on mobile wifi as speed varies vastly with where you have kept your wifi, how much mobile/data traffic load on the mobile network etc.

Yes its right that you never get the speed promised by the Internet company. That is due to various technical reasons which may be beyond the scope of this discussion.

PS: Also, telling us which city you are from wont hurt you. Think somebody maybe able to offer you better suggestions if they know where you are from.

travi

what are the specification of your system?
open task manager and post CPU/RAM and other details.

Also how old is your system?

I've seen few systems including my old which in which the C drive harddisk was failing. it becomes very slow and hence read/write is affected.

how long does your system take to clean reboot? that is restart.

as you can see, give your internet connection, its very doubtful that it can be a sole problem. Also when using wifi etc, try pinging the router itself and see if pkt drops etc although u said u have changed many routers.

Just share details of ur PC first.

vishal7176

there is one permanent solution of your problem is lease line . Our office use 4 mbps and 20 mbps lease line , its costly for individual ( You find any partner for sharing cost ), but its worth and not facing disconnection problem . If you are from mumbai and around western line then it will be easily available now days via bharti airtel OR mtnl.
Another one option is WIRE base internet connection , avoid WIFI .
thanks