Indicator-Free, Stress-Free Trading

EagleOne

Can you please give the expanded name of ATP?

And also, a link to SG's post on ATP
(I made a search on the forum, but couldn't find it.)

Thanks..
As Anayash said, ATP is the average trade price of a scrip on given trading day. You can see in your trading software (odin etc) next to high, low etc prices.

You can't find what I said about ATP, because SG never said that in any of his posts! It was pure deduction, later tested, based on my private conversation with SG.

I think if you ask, anywhere in any SG's thread, to explain the significance of ATP, he will be happy to do so.

.Pride.

Pride
So much noise, so much confusion, in so many posts over VPOC? You sure you got the thread's name right, pal - Indicator-free-Stress-free-Trading? :D

Anyway, jokes aside, there is something SG said months ago in one of his posts, which can easily be the alternative to VPOC. The ATP. It is more visual, more dynamic and resistant to anomolies created by gap-up/down openings. Funny thing is, its rate of movement with respect to the instrument's price gives you an idea of coming divergence... Enough said. Try it. ;)
Most of the threads here soon devolve into "indicator settings" and "afl requests"...I've come to accept that :)

VPOC is not a indicator per se...you wouldn't call Support and Resistance an indicator would you...

Though ATP may be useful for mean reversion strategies, it isn't going to work here...because we need a natural, static S&R level and reference price for our patterns...

i am very new for these indication but pattern are little bit clear i will try n see this on chart......pls will u suggest me any cheaper software for mcx ncdex charts..... thx

EagleOne

I know what you mean, Pride. I said it because in case, for whatever reason, any follower of your thread doesn't have live feed or relevent software etc, he/she can always go for ATP value to have a fairly good idea where the dividing line is. Sort of jugaad it is! :) But the beauty is - like all juggads - it is cheap, its effects are immediate and independent of all the jargon that normal trading has come to be inflicted with in the recent times.

BTW I hate to argue semantics with a nice guy like you, Pride, but S&R are indicators, though not in the narrow sense we traders have come to accept...Don't they 'indicate' which path one should take while trading? :)

I, however, have taken much space of your excellent thread. Next time I will post if I need some clarification on your method, so as to keep the thread's flow intact.
Keep up the good work that you have started. My best wishes.

myamit

BTW I hate to argue semantics with a nice guy like you, Pride, but S&R are indicators, though not in the narrow sense we traders have come to accept...Don't they 'indicate' which path one should take while trading? :)
Dear EagleOne,

I certainly do not wish to engage yourself in a debate but you touched a very important point regarding S&R. I wish to have a viewpoint and a different perspective about this concept.

You said that S&R indicate path one should adopt.. but is this true? Like I always wish to trade based upon S&R but whether given S/R will hold or break can only be determined either by other indicator price action.

Again, I'm only posting this to get a different perspective about S&R and possibly correct my view/method about S&R.

I will appreciate your views. Also should you not wish to get into the discussion at this thread than you are welcome to send me a private message.

Thank you.

EagleOne

Dear EagleOne,

You said that S&R indicate path one should adopt.. but is this true? Like I always wish to trade based upon S&R but whether given S/R will hold or break can only be determined either by other indicator price action....
I will appreciate your views. Also should you not wish to get into the discussion at this thread than you are welcome to send me a private message.

Thank you.
Amit, I will say it publically. Supports and Resistances are just conceptual nodal points that alert you to get ready for Entry/Covering and Exit/Short-sell decisions. Now whether a given support or resistance will do what its name implies? Depends. On the trend momentum, how old, how solid they are, their reliablilty history of having Double bottoms/tops...many more factors that are hard to articulate but are always there in the market, in one's mind.

Will they hold or break? Well, you may try to anticipate on the basis of PA or similar factors as above. Truth be told, in the end, no one can tell for sure. Thing is, when they break, act accordingly. That is what Pride has been so earnestly trying to convey through his simple patterns in this thread!

Hope it will help you. I will be seeing you around.

AW10

Dear EagleOne,

You said that S&R indicate path one should adopt.. but is this true? Like I always wish to trade based upon S&R but whether given S/R will hold or break can only be determined either by other indicator price action.

That's how most of the people expect from support/resistance, that these levels should hold and when it doesn't happen, they discard them and move on to the search of next best indicator.

IMO, during uptrend, all resistances are at risk, and they get broken. In downtrend, all supports are at risk. Having said that, on of the resistance in uptrend /or one of the support in downtrend will hold and price will turn from that level. So rather then putting ego on the support /resistance that we have indentified thru our analysis, and expecting mkt to follow our view, We got to wait for market to prove our view and let it show that our analysis is correct.

When support gets broken, our long gets stopped out (so what, as a trader aren't we prepared for it), but we get opportunity to short with target of next support level (most of us miss this second trade cause we are still recovering from the prev stopped out trade).

Accept that fact and formulate your strategy around it. Wait for price to show you if it is holding the level, or after breaking, it is holding on the other side of the level.

My trading revolves around these levels and I believe in them cause they show me the psychology of mkt participants. People (specially professionals) have changed their views, took decision and traded those decision around these level and mkt is showing it lout and clear on chart by new swing starting from these levels, so who am I to argue it. In ohter words, it boils down to your belief - if you believe that these levels work, then they do, and if you don't then you are still right.

There are various types of S&R levels. VPOC is just one of them. Just pickup 1 or 2 of them and see how to trade them, observe what happens around these levels, how you can trade them etc. If your software doesn't give you Vpoc, then move on. You can still see other S&R levels on chart. (It is typical of traders journey, that we trust more on complex and unknown thing and avoid simple but known things - "They are Ok, I am not Ok").

Just sharing my thoughts on S&R. Hope this helps.

Happy Trading
(ps - would love to see this thread eveolving in how to trade the patterns given in first post. There is enough stuff that needs to go into how to filter wrong v/s right patterns in real time..and make a tradable system around it.)

Hi Pride,

First let me thank you for starting this thread. :thanx: I do hope it will continue and provide more insight to people like me about PA and how to identify support/resistance levels.

As an absolute newbie, I have been trading in a VERY limited way for the past month. I too have searched for magic arrows in the form of afl's, the perfect indicator, etc :eek: . Losses have been small because of limited trading size :D but surprisingly the only profits have been from trading what I learnt from Saint's fish thread, identifying pivots and trading break in the trendline. I am just begining to understand the importance of support and resistance levels, and I look forward to more in this thread from you and the other selfless people kind enough to share their experience. :clapping: