Index with (-)ve Bias

U

uasish

High = 3714.30 & spot Nifty now 3702.70 so our last hurdle of 3713.75,is yet to be crossed however ,now the NOON effect is to set in,let us see how it pans out.

Asish

U

uasish

Hi,
As my views are now with (+)ve bias since yesterday night ,hence no point in continuing this thread.

Asish

U

uasish

Hi,
Yesterday was an Inside Day ,with a "shooting star"=Bearish formation ,though it can
be interpreted as "inverted hammer"= (Bullish) & in weekly it is "Engulphing Bull"
in an uptrend = Bearish,so there is going to be a really tough deciding day today.

Out Come of Bearish Implication:
In my Nifty Fut" chart in the link plz mark the following.
From "B" to "C" .382= 3773.37 .If "a" has completed at 3780 on 9th Feb then the "b"
which is unfolding has a Tgt of 3359.20 .
If 3780 is not taken out today by Nifty Fut then may fall further.
Spot Supp at 3652 / 3614.

So 3359.20 will be the level to open Nifty Fut Long again.

In my Link "Nifty Chart" the support line is at 3670.60 for Spot today.

Asish
Link Nifty Fut: http://www.4shared.com/file/11931269/cf360e6/Nifty_Fut.html
Link Nifty :http://www.4shared.com/file/12013669/e11760c/Nifty.html

U

uasish

Hi,
Yesterday's movement perplexed me ,but now it seems good.Frankly could not keep the short initiated yesterday in the begining,had to cover up with minor few points gain.

Asish

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrag91
Dear Mr.Karthik,
I am new to this Thread, and really happy to see such meaningful discussions.
My best wishes for your contribution to this community.

I am new to TA, and trying with Amibroker. I need some clarification on nifty intraday studies.

1. What combination of moving average can be used for MACD intraday buy sell signals(as u said 8,17,9 for Buy and 12,26,9 for Sell), and the time period for intraday studies (like 5min,10min,15min).

2. If we use EMA crossover for buy/sell suggest the range for intraday.

3. What are the other factors to be watched along with MACD, RSI & EMA crossover.

4. Give some suggession abt ADX settings for intraday signals.

Kindly give me your valuable advice to set the chart study for both intraday and short term(for nifty).

Thanks in advance.
Raj

Hi Raj

Unfortunately I am not in a position to help you here. I dont do day trading as I have a job. I basically do position trades only.

I think Asish would be able to elp you here.

regards

Karthik

MR ASISH CAN U HELP ME
Raj

U

uasish

Raj,
Personally do not have IEOD ,use only PIB charts live .One of our senior boarder has in fact set up yahoo RT with Ami ,in my computer ( not so conversant with computers also)few weeks back. As i am totally uncomfortable with Ami (though 95 % of all my trader friends use that) ,on
the next trading day in intraday i lost money & felt totally uncomfortable with
the set up & abondened it.All my analysis levels are made on EOD ,saved in an excell sheet overnight ,with that excell datas i trade in intraday.You will find in all my posts the levels are pre mkt,in mkt hrs i only follow that.Hence i will not be the right person to guide you regarding Intraday set up.In fact i am looking for free utility for intraday data from yahoo/PIB to Metastock (with MS i am more at home).In PIB i look 1 min chart with Vol,RSI (9) & stoch.Sorry for not being of much Help to you.
1)However regarding MACD i do not prefer MA crossover(becoz of there laggness) rather i replaced that with "Time Series Forcast" crossovers.(The code is there in Kartik's thread).
2)After an actual crossover of any kind of MA it is late.I have my own variety
of MA.Each individual's style is different,somebody prefer Median MA etc etc.
Next is the period,which varies from individual style or comfort level.But this
i have seen each individual Stock has its own inflexion point unique.As in Spot Nifty any multiple of 13 period is the best.Try Dabur with SMA it will react better than EMA.For this reason my own coded MA is different which is constantly being optimized.Hence this cannot be standardized,however try tweaking with different type & period of MA on your favourite stock's past data you will understand my logic.
3) Never found a well balanced combination of period & (+)ve DI to (-)ve DI
relationship in ADX.Hence shifted to ADXR for few months but did'nt found sucess in in ADX/ADXR,though the in built coil like spring tension before a Breakout or Breakdown in a present docile state of a stock can only be identified with ADX/ADXR.(Pattern seem to have satisfied that quest hence ADX/ADXR project is kept at abeyance)
These are my personal views & experience in EOD datas regarding your query.

Asish