Incompatibility issue - Zerodha/ NEST Link to Excel x64 bit

hi!

I use the Link to Excel feature to pull data from Zerodha/ NEST to excel file.
The RTD data comes properly if I use x86 (32 bit) excel - 2010, but all I get is #N/A errors if I try to pull data to x64 (64 bit) excel - 2010.

I understand that this could be due to compatibility issues since I see only one relevant .dll file in the C:\Program Files\Omnesys\NEST3 call Excel.dll and within that file it shows that it was created by Omnesys guys way back in 2012 and that too only for x86 architecture.

Is there some way that I can pull data to x64 Excel from Zerodha/ NEST, since I am using a lot of calculations in my excel sheet and I really want to speed up my calculations.

Thanks

manojborle

hi!

The RTD data comes properly if I use x86 (32 bit) excel - 2010, but all I get is #N/A errors if I try to pull data to x64 (64 bit) excel - 2010.

I understand that this could be due to compatibility issues since I see only one relevant .dll file in the C:\Program Files\Omnesys\NEST3 call Excel.dll and within that file it shows that it was created by Omnesys guys way back in 2012 and that too only for x86 architecture.

Is there some way that I can pull data to x64 Excel from Zerodha/ NEST, since I am using a lot of calculations in my excel sheet and I really want to speed up my calculations.

Thanks
Run Excel and NEST both as Administrator and try

manojborle

Ahh I remember reading somewhere that rtd feature is discontinued in 64 bit excel.
So I don't think there is any way available to do this

hi!

Thanks

I have face same issue but now it's ok .....
I have done some tricks ....

A) Uninstall NEST trader .... then install it in the same drive where MS excel already install ...
B) open MS excel - click file then option button - go to " Trust Center "- click on trust center settings- go to trusted location option - click on "add new location" - browse your nest file location where u install it ( e.g. C:\Program Files\Omnesys\NEST3\ or E:Omnesys\NEST3\ ) click on ok .... close excel ..
C) now run Nest Trader on Administrator mode ...

hope this will help I think you 1st try excel trick (B) ,, ur problem may be solve ...

Regards ,
AnAtheist :)

Ahh I remember reading somewhere that rtd feature is discontinued in 64 bit excel.
So I don't think there is any way available to do this
Thanks for your replies Manoj.
However, MS Office x64 actually does support RTD.
Here are 3 different trading data providers that show that their data feed supports Office x64:

https://forums.tradingtechnologies....e-2010-x64-RTD-and-XTAPI-plugin-compatibility see post of 16 July 2014
https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/support/release-notes/x_trader/x_trader-7174023p374/

http://www.multicharts.com/trading-...th_RT_Data_From_MultiCharts_(Use_RTD_Server)?

http://forum.esignal.com/showthread.php?38458-QLink-with-Excel-2013-64Bit

AnAtheist said:
B) open MS excel - click file then option button - go to " Trust Center "- click on trust center settings- go to trusted location option - click on "add new location" - browse your nest file location where u install it ( e.g. C:\Program Files\Omnesys\NEST3\ or E:Omnesys\NEST3\ ) click on ok .... close excel ..
C) now run Nest Trader on Administrator mode ...
Followed your suggestions but still getting #N/As. Please confirm that you used your method for MS Office x64 bit or for MS Office x86 (32 bit)?

Still waiting for a working solution...

Tried all the above-mentioned recommendations during market hours.
Nothing seems to be working and still facing same problem...
Any more ideas guys?

PS: Would be nice if responders could kindly confirm whether they have seen their suggestions working on MS Office x64 bit while giving suggestions.
Thanks

Tried all the above-mentioned recommendations during market hours.
Nothing seems to be working and still facing same problem...
Any more ideas guys?

PS: Would be nice if responders could kindly confirm whether they have seen their suggestions working on MS Office x64 bit while giving suggestions.
Thanks

Hi Tanya,

I'm using same 64x and works for me.

Ok i have built a registry file for you can you try this ?

Step 1: Click here and download the file. (Google drive)

Step 2: Just double click on the same and run ZT and excel as ADMIN. This should be the fix.

To run excel as an Admin, Hit Start menu and type excel and "Hold Shift and right click" you should get the Run as Admin option.