IFCI :: from a multi bagger to a complete disaster

IFCI Price Predictor,,,, which level do u see for IFCI first ,,,,above 90 or below 70

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prabhjeet

I have been trying to picture out what suddenly went wrong with IFCI and now i can see what i didnt see earlier.

Look according to a wonderful trader named NICHOLAS DARVAS all the stocks move in kind of boxes i.e. price ranges so if we apply his theory IFCI STARTED WITH 24-28 BOX then moved into higher box of 28-50, then 50 -70, 70-105 & 105 -120.

Now as NICHOLAS used to say the stocks in uptrend usuall fluctuate in a box for some time and then move to higher box. Nowhere during the move should stock fall back to lower box, if it does we should sell it.

In case of IFCI, after going to 105 - 120 box it should not have breached 105 but it did and the moment it did that we should have sold it as the trouble surely came.

I know its easy to post mortem the stock price after already trouble has occured but i think that theory holds truth even at this time and we should apply it whenever possible

winstonn

Hi TThakur,

the above analysis is based on Outside and inside days coupled with other T.A. forms.

Please just do not trade based on these days! You need other confirmations.

Yesterday, i bought Essaroil at 295 and sold today at 320 based on above set up. I had many such profitable trades.
But i request you to research on these patterns coupled with fibonacci and other forms of analysis.

Take care,
Winston

Prabhjeet

Winstonn i think the boxes method is a very simple way to trade with really good risk/reward and can be used practically for really handsome profits, basically it is a simplified version of Pivot points. This system keeps us in the trades that are showing profit and duck out of bad trades immediately.

It is a fairly simple method and does not require complex formulas which confuse many traders. I think sometimes its better to trade in simple ways with simple tools

Regards,
Prabhjeet

sudoku1

IFCI IS A SELL AS OF NOW......only a close abv 87.50 will alter the bearish outlook.....:D
in technical terms....a sell also means that a scrip passes its time sideways for weeks & months in a defined range before fresh money again accumulates it OR it may just go on sinking before a major bottom is made.....now from these two scenerios which route this stock picks is anyones guess...but...one thing is sure....its a SELL now & reenter abv 87.50 close....:D

winstonn

Winstonn i think the boxes method is a very simple way to trade with really good risk/reward and can be used practically for really handsome profits, basically it is a simplified version of Pivot points. I think sometimes its better to trade in simple ways with simple tools
Regards,
Prabhjeet
you are right my friend.....:)

Take care,
Winston

Hi TThakur,

the above analysis is based on Outside and inside days coupled with other T.A. forms.

Please just do not trade based on these days! You need other confirmations.

Yesterday, i bought Essaroil at 295 and sold today at 320 based on above set up. I had many such profitable trades.
But i request you to research on these patterns coupled with fibonacci and other forms of analysis.

Take care,
Winston
Thanks a lot, Winston , for your kind guidance.
I look forward to your recommendations.
Regards.
T T Thakur

I have been trying to picture out what suddenly went wrong with IFCI and now i can see what i didnt see earlier.

Look according to a wonderful trader named NICHOLAS DARVAS all the stocks move in kind of boxes i.e. price ranges so if we apply his theory IFCI STARTED WITH 24-28 BOX then moved into higher box of 28-50, then 50 -70, 70-105 & 105 -120.

Now as NICHOLAS used to say the stocks in uptrend usuall fluctuate in a box for some time and then move to higher box. Nowhere during the move should stock fall back to lower box, if it does we should sell it.

In case of IFCI, after going to 105 - 120 box it should not have breached 105 but it did and the moment it did that we should have sold it as the trouble surely came.

I know its easy to post mortem the stock price after already trouble has occured but i think that theory holds truth even at this time and we should apply it whenever possible
Thanks for your timely remembrance of Nicholas Theory. Shall be helpful in future trades.
Regards,
Thakur T T

winstonn

Winstonn i think the boxes method is a very simple way to trade with really good risk/reward and can be used practically for really handsome profits, basically it is a simplified version of Pivot points. This system keeps us in the trades that are showing profit and duck out of bad trades immediately.

It is a fairly simple method and does not require complex formulas which confuse many traders. I think sometimes its better to trade in simple ways with simple tools

Regards,
Prabhjeet
hi,
where can i get the materials for this theory?
do u have it? i am very keen to learn this theory.
Please guide me....

Take care,
Winston:)

sudoku1

hi,
where can i get the materials for this theory?
do u have it? i am very keen to learn this theory.
Please guide me....

Take care,
Winston:)
DARVAS BOXES

Definition.........

The Darvas Boxes were taken from the pages of Nicolas Darvas book, How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market. The boxes are used to normalize a trend. A "buy" signal would be indicated when the price of the stock exceeds the top of the box. A "sell" signal would be indicated when the price of the stock falls below the bottom of the box.

Example...

When driving a car down the street, you are in a given state. When you receive input, you can remain in the state of driving down the street, or you can change states. Let's say you are driving down the street; we will call that the "driving state." You receive some input; you see a stop sign. Using your eyes, and ears, you begin to evaluate several decisions, and finally you move to the "deceleration state." After further inputs and decisions, you then move to the "stop state." From the "stop state," you receive more input and make more decisions; you may enter the "acceleration state."

Your only inputs will be the daily high and low selling prices of a stock. That's not too bad, is it?

A Quick Summary...........

We are going to spend at least three days finding and validating the top of a box (states #1, #2 and #3), and we are going to spend at least three days finding and validating the bottom of a box (states #3, #4 and #5). Once we have reached state #5, we have a valid box top and a valid box bottom -- a Darvas Box. Once we have reached state #5, we simply wait until we get an input price greater than the top of the box or less than the bottom of the box.

A Little More Detail.............

Once you have selected a stock to track, you will need to obtain the high and low selling price of the stock for the day -- your input. On day one, you start off in "state #1." This state tells you to set the BoxTop to Today's high. Now what? Nothing, you are done for the day. Only one state per day.

From state #1, move to the decision box. Ask yourself the question, "is the BoxTop that I saved from state #1 greater than today's high?" If the BoxTop that you saved from yesterday is bigger than today's high price, go to state #2 and keep the BoxTop from yesterday. If the BoxTop that you saved from yesterday is smaller than today's high, go back to state #1, and set the BoxTop to today's high (a new BoxTop).

From state #2, move to the decision box. Ask yourself the same question, "is the BoxTop that I saved from state #1 greater than today's high?" If the BoxTop that you saved from two days ago is bigger than today's high price, go to state #3 and keep the BoxTop that you got two day ago, plus you now get to set the BoxBottom to today's low. If the Box Top that you saved from two days ago is smaller than today's high, go back to state #1, and set the BoxTop to today's high (a new BoxTop).

From state #3, move to the first decision box. Ask yourself the same question, "is the BoxTop that I saved from days past greater than today's high?" If today's high is greater than the BoxTop, you have to go all the way back to state #1. On the other hand, if the BoxTop that you saved from days past is still greater than today's high, you get to move to the second decision box. Ask yourself the question, "is the BoxBottom that you saved from yesterday lower than today's low selling price." If it is, you can move to State #4 and keep yesterday's BoxBottom. On the other hand, if today's low is lower than the saved BoxBottom, you go back to state #3, and set the BoxBottom to today's low.

State #4 is much like state #3. Move to the first decision box, and ask yourself "is the BoxTop that I saved from day's past greater than today's high?" If today's high is greater than the BoxTop, you will have to go all the way back to state #1. On the other hand, if the BoxTop that you saved from days past is still greater than today's high, you get to move to the second decision box. Ask yourself the question, "is the BoxBottom that you saved from two days ago still lower than today's low selling price." If the BoxBottom that you saved is higher than today's low, you have to go back to State #3. Once in State #3, don't forget to set the BoxBottom to today's low selling price. If you are lucky, you will have a BoxBottom lower than today's low, and you will get to move to state #5. In state #5, you have a valid BoxTop and a valid BoxBottom.

Once you are in state #5, you have created a Darvas Box. Simply wait until you get a day's high selling price that is greater than your BoxTop (a buy signal) or a day's low selling price that is lower than your BoxBottom (a sell signal). ...............:)