ichimoku cloud strategy

Like aaru mentioned the cloud breakout strategy gives lesser trades. I tried with September contract of infosys, canara bank, bank nifty, nifty and mindtree with 5 minutes duration for intraday. Approximately 7 out of 10 trades are succesful.

Then I tried kijun sen price cross strategy alone. The number of trades were higher than above strategy and the profit was way better than cloud breakout strategy. Reason being I consider weak and neutral kijjun sen cross signals too and hence more trades and more profit. Actually weak and neutral signals too give profit. In cloud breakout strategy the profit is cut since we wait for exit when price cuts cloud in opposite direction and in the process we lose some good number of points.

So now my query is which is the best of the strategies you find to be more profitable ?

1. Kijjun sen price cross
2. Tenant sen and kijjun Sen across
3. Senkou A price cross
4. Cloud breakout
5. Chikou span cross
6. Cloud price cross

Thanks.

kainiteh

Like aaru mentioned the cloud breakout strategy gives lesser trades. I tried with September contract of infosys, canara bank, bank nifty, nifty and mindtree with 5 minutes duration for intraday. Approximately 7 out of 10 trades are succesful.

Then I tried kijun sen price cross strategy alone. The number of trades were higher than above strategy and the profit was way better than cloud breakout strategy. Reason being I consider weak and neutral kijjun sen cross signals too and hence more trades and more profit. Actually weak and neutral signals too give profit. In cloud breakout strategy the profit is cut since we wait for exit when price cuts cloud in opposite direction and in the process we lose some good number of points.

So now my query is which is the best of the strategies you find to be more profitable ?

3. Senkou A price cross
4. Cloud breakout
5. Chikou span cross
6. Cloud price cross

Thanks.
its depends....

Blackhole

The Ichimoku Trading Strategies

All three trading strategies are either long or short. The rules of the strategies are:

Strategy 1: Trade long when the Conversion Line crosses above the Base Line. Trade short when the Conversion Line crosses below the Base Line.
Strategy 2: Trade Long when the Closing Price crosses above the Base Line. Trade Short when the Closing Price crosses below the Base Line.
Strategy 3: Trade Long when the Closing Price crosses above the Senkou Span B line (slow cloud line). Trade Short when the Closing Price crosses below the Senkou Span B line.

Please Backtest first with atleast 5-7 years of data, select time frame which suits your personality.

Source : Some forum or ichimocu ebook....do not remember now

Riskyman

3. Senkou A price cross
4. Cloud breakout
5. Chikou span cross
6. Cloud price cross

Thanks.
Prakash, . If you want to buy/sell simply on tenkan and kijun cross, then you dont really need Ichimoku. You can just take 2 moving averages and trade. Ichimoku is a complete trend following system. Study the whole system in full than dissecting it to its components and using just one or two of them. FYI, I trade forex markets and every single trade of mine is based on Ichi. I follow the text book rules and so far it has helped me greatly to make consistent profits. Trading standby components has its perils. You can and will get whipped around a lot. But when you use the whole system you can ascertain where your stops should be, where profits should be taken etc etc.

Ichi works on all time frames right from 5 mins to 1400 mins. Please consider using the system as is and im sure when you start trading you will end up less stressed. Good luck.

The Ichimoku Trading Strategies

All three trading strategies are either long or short. The rules of the strategies are:

Strategy 1: Trade long when the Conversion Line crosses above the Base Line. Trade short when the Conversion Line crosses below the Base Line.
Strategy 2: Trade Long when the Closing Price crosses above the Base Line. Trade Short when the Closing Price crosses below the Base Line.
Strategy 3: Trade Long when the Closing Price crosses above the Senkou Span B line (slow cloud line). Trade Short when the Closing Price crosses below the Senkou Span B line.

Please Backtest first with atleast 5-7 years of data, select time frame which suits your personality.

Source : Some forum or ichimocu ebook....do not remember now
https://www.tradinformed.com/3-profitable-ichimoku-trading-strategies/

R u referring to this ?

How about cloud crossover strategy?

Does someone have success rate for last 5 years for bank nifty or any particular stock for below strategies ?

1. Tenkan Sen kijun Sen cross
2. Price kijun cross filtered using senkou A
3. Cloud crossover meaning senkou A and senkou B crossover
4. Price cloud cross
5. Cloud breakout filtered using point 1 and point 3 and chikou above or below price
6. Chikou price cross over
7. Senkou A price cross over.....

Or guide me where and how to code and test the same please ?
I wish to zero down on one or two strategies and code and automate the same. Manually looking into last 2 months data I find strategy 2 and strategy 3 really giving good results....primary intent is intraday..

Thnx for all your inputs.

Prakash, . If you want to buy/sell simply on tenkan and kijun cross, then you dont really need Ichimoku. You can just take 2 moving averages and trade. Ichimoku is a complete trend following system. Study the whole system in full than dissecting it to its components and using just one or two of them. FYI, I trade forex markets and every single trade of mine is based on Ichi. I follow the text book rules and so far it has helped me greatly to make consistent profits. Trading standby components has its perils. You can and will get whipped around a lot. But when you use the whole system you can ascertain where your stops should be, where profits should be taken etc etc.

Ichi works on all time frames right from 5 mins to 1400 mins. Please consider using the system as is and im sure when you start trading you will end up less stressed. Good luck.
Thank you n kindly let me know what is the strategy you use? Are you using the cloud breakout filtered based on Ts ks cross, chikou above or below price and leading cloud being bearish or bullish....

Riskyman

Thank you n kindly let me know what is the strategy you use? Are you using the cloud breakout filtered based on Ts ks cross, chikou above or below price and leading cloud being bearish or bullish....
Below is a trade of mine very early this morning on GBP/USD at about 1.52890 levels (23:00 hrs). Its a 5 minute chart.

A good standard set up for longs:-

1. Price above Tenkan
2. Tenkan above Kijun
3. Tenkan & Kijun above the cloud.
4. Future senkou A above B and pointing upwards(atleast slightly)
5. Tenkan should be pointing upwards (atleast slightly)
6. Chikou should be above price and should not be in a position of running into price in the immediate future.
7. No kumo shadows on the left. Even if there are any, there should be sufficient room for price to move up and give some profits once trade is taken.
8. Price should not be too far away from the Tenkan i.e no initiating trades after a very big green bar. ( Ex if price is 50 pips away from tenkan)

This is a very basic standard set up i use for my trades. I dont take a trade if any of the above conditions are not met.

Below is a trade of mine very early this morning on GBP/USD at about 1.52890 levels (23:00 hrs). Its a 5 minute chart.

A good standard set up for longs:-

1. Price above Tenkan
2. Tenkan above Kijun
3. Tenkan & Kijun above the cloud.
4. Future senkou A above B and pointing upwards(atleast slightly)
5. Tenkan should be pointing upwards (atleast slightly)
6. Chikou should be above price and should not be in a position of running into price in the immediate future.
7. No kumo shadows on the left. Even if there are any, there should be sufficient room for price to move up and give some profits once trade is taken.
8. Price should not be too far away from the Tenkan i.e no initiating trades after a very big green bar. ( Ex if price is 50 pips away from tenkan)

This is a very basic standard set up i use for my trades. I dont take a trade if any of the above conditions are not met.
Ty riskyman or rather v cautiously trading riskyman:thumb:.....
Btw senkou A and B crossover happened and using that one could have long and since another crossover is yet to happen the long is still valid ........so in this case this crossover works v well right and I manually tested some stocks for 2 months and this works well.. So should we use all 8 rules you have given though I believe success rate of yours may be better.....