HP Warranty from Aforeserve.com -- a fraud?

Recently, HP did not provide repair service for my laptop saying that the warranty had expired last December. This was surprising as I had purchased an HP post-warranty pack online from Aforeserve.com, Noida last year.

Attempts to contact Aforeserve via email did not produce any response. A couple of cc's to those who had acknowledged receipt of payment bounced. Contact via the online form on their website results in an automated mail but no followup response. Their Kolkata office acted peculiarly and would not give me the Noide phone/email contact and did not allow me to meet their manager!

HP support asks that I contact the reseller for any further action! HP says "the reseller warranty is different from the HP direct warranty". Previously I have purchased HP's warranty from another reseller with no service issues. They also say that this matter cannot be escalated.

Talking over the phone to Aforeserve, they acknowledge the purchase and that they would revert back to me by end of day. They have not inspite of multiple calls. In the last call, they offered to refund the money or arrange to get the laptop serviced elsewhere. A request that they write this to me in an email has not happened and now they are hanging up the phone after asking for my name.

This is where the matter is as of now. Other posts on the net (such as at cribb.in) indicate that I am not the only person who has experienced this fraud-like behavior from Aforeserve.com. While the next course of action is under consideration, it would be of interest to know if any of you have a similar experience.