How to import "Live Feeds" to F Charts through excel.

How to import live intraday data in F Charts from Excel,

1. Open an excel workbook. Name it Live Data.

2. Go to Data tab  Import External Data  New Web Query

3. A query window will open  Type www.nseindia.com in address bar  click on Nifty Stock Watch in right column  Click on Hide Icons button to display black arrows in yellow box for each table on the web page  select the Nifty Stock Watch table arrow  Click on Import.

4. The table will be copied to the excel sheet.

5. Go to sheet2  in the cell A1 type formula =left(select first company name in sheet1,9)  drag the formula down till the last company.

6. In cell B1 type formula =last traded price cell  Drag down till last price.

7. Do similar thing for volume in cell C1.

8. Use =today() formula for date and =now() formula for time in columns D and E  Drag down till last price. (Note: Use hh:mm:ss format for time.) Save the sheet.

9. Now go to sheet1 Data tab  Data Range Properties  Refresh Control  Set Refresh Every 1 Min  Click Ok. Save the sheet. (Note: Keep the sheet open all the time.)

10. Now open F Charts  Import/Export  Other  Copy all the company names in excel sheet2 to the Add Multiple Tickers Space  Add Tickers  Exit.

11. Go to Intraday  Source Excel  Refill list  Select Live Data and Sheet2.

12. 1st Data Row = Row of the first company  Put appropriate column names eg: A, B, C, etc for Ticker, Date, Time, etc  Select Subtract Volume  Open Feed At Startup.

13. Go to Filter  Select Monday Friday  Set time From 0955 to 1530.

14. Press Start.

15. Check for intraday prices updating for the tickers in the excel sheet in Intraday Data Option.

16. You have to keep the Excel Sheet  F Charts  Live Data open all the time as well as the Internet connection.

17. Enjoy free Intraday Feed for Nifty Stocks, similar process can be applied for F&O, Commodities etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions

Aniruddha Deshpande
Dear Aniruudh,

I am trading in Nifty future options. Is there a way to import the prices into excel sheet.... If yes, can you provide some guidelines?

Thanking you.

Dear Anirudh
I use amibroker and investbull data feed.Now while amibroker generates signals ,going to brokers terminal and placing orders takes lot of time and results in slippages. To avoid this can this trigger data of amibroker be populated on an excel sheet. I am told then from excel to brokers terminal can be automated.
Thanks
Sreenan

VJAY

Dear Anirudh
I use amibroker and investbull data feed.Now while amibroker generates signals ,going to brokers terminal and placing orders takes lot of time and results in slippages. To avoid this can this trigger data of amibroker be populated on an excel sheet. I am told then from excel to brokers terminal can be automated.
Thanks
Sreenan
Dear Sreenan,
Why you going to brokers terminal to place orders?You not using internet trading facility?

Dear Vjay
I am using PIB for trading and Ami for signal generation.What I am now looking for...isthe technique to send the signals generated by Ami to an excel sheet. From various posts in Traderji itis obvious that its possible. I want the method for the same. Thanks a lot
Sreenan

stock72

How to import live intraday data in F Charts from Excel,

1. Open an excel workbook. Name it Live Data.

2. Go to Data tab  Import External Data  New Web Query

3. A query window will open  Type www.nseindia.com in address bar  click on Nifty Stock Watch in right column  Click on Hide Icons button to display black arrows in yellow box for each table on the web page  select the Nifty Stock Watch table arrow  Click on Import.

4. The table will be copied to the excel sheet.

5. Go to sheet2  in the cell A1 type formula =left(select first company name in sheet1,9)  drag the formula down till the last company.

6. In cell B1 type formula =last traded price cell  Drag down till last price.

7. Do similar thing for volume in cell C1.

8. Use =today() formula for date and =now() formula for time in columns D and E  Drag down till last price. (Note: Use hh:mm:ss format for time.) Save the sheet.

9. Now go to sheet1 Data tab  Data Range Properties  Refresh Control  Set Refresh Every 1 Min  Click Ok. Save the sheet. (Note: Keep the sheet open all the time.)

10. Now open F Charts  Import/Export  Other  Copy all the company names in excel sheet2 to the Add Multiple Tickers Space  Add Tickers  Exit.

11. Go to Intraday  Source Excel  Refill list  Select Live Data and Sheet2.

12. 1st Data Row = Row of the first company  Put appropriate column names eg: A, B, C, etc for Ticker, Date, Time, etc  Select Subtract Volume  Open Feed At Startup.

13. Go to Filter  Select Monday Friday  Set time From 0955 to 1530.

14. Press Start.

15. Check for intraday prices updating for the tickers in the excel sheet in Intraday Data Option.

16. You have to keep the Excel Sheet  F Charts  Live Data open all the time as well as the Internet connection.

17. Enjoy free Intraday Feed for Nifty Stocks, similar process can be applied for F&O, Commodities etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions

Aniruddha Deshpande

help me . where is the "nifty stock watch " column in nseindia.com?

Hi

I am attaching the excel file with the Nifty, Jr Nifty scripts.

Just keep the file open and internet connected, the quotes will get updated every one minute.

You may use this file to import Live Feeds to F Charts ( I have not tried with the F charts, as I am not using the software).

If you need any help in using / improving the excel file, just post your feedback.

Bye

SRIDHAR