How to import "Live Feeds" to F Charts through excel.

Reji

Deat Murthymsr,

Thank you for the Excel sheet. However what is the significance of time offset in Live Data panel. You entered data as 10 30.

Regards

Reji

murthymsr

Deat Murthymsr,

Thank you for the Excel sheet. However what is the significance of time offset in Live Data panel. You entered data as 10 30.

Regards

Reji
Dera rEji,
You are right, it has NO significance.

I realized it later and changed in my copy to 00:00 and it works just as before, showing the corrct timing as before.

Thanks for pointing out.

murthymsr

murthymsr

Dear Murthymsr,
Thanks for the updated excel sheet. Many people are trading in Indexes.
IMHO if you could upload an excell sheet with indexes also it'll be more useful.

Thanks,
Sgpal
Dear pal,

OK, I will do it when I add Nifty Junior.

But for a index trader, one minute interval data may be TOO late, he may need seconds update which this method does NOT support.

Indexes at one minute interval may be useful only to assess the market condition.

murthymsr

murthymsr

Dear LV,

Whether Quote Tracker Quotes from NSE are really Real Time and if delayed by how many minutes ?
There is nothing like 'Real-Time'. The question is how many minutes or seconds of delay.

In the QT thread, people expressed that the delays are around 2 to 3 minutes. I felt the delay could be 1 to 2 minutes at the max. If you are using it regularly, you will get the feel for yourself. Also the delays depend on the ISP and the contracted speed. You may search the QT thread for any further information on the delays subject.

I feel that the delays with this XL method may be less than a minute. But let us first run and see to get a feel for ourselves. Any firm answer at this point of time will only be a guess and the answer varies widely.

In Fcharts after doing the needful ( with Ranjit Xls ) with same columns and settings the answer the appears is type 13 mismatch ( during non trading Hours )
Even Ranjit and myself got the same problem and that is why he posted the sheet for a solution.

The suggestion was already posted by me in an earlier post. You may go through, as I hate to repeat the suggestion when I have nothing more to add.

murthymsr

Hi all,
It appears that 13: Type Mismatch is the most common error preventing the Intraday feed into FCharts.

Abstracts from the FCharts help documentation are given below:

1) With the date format (YYYYMMDD) there is no confusion, and this is the preferred date format.

2) I understand the current data format is stock code, yyyymmdd, high, low, open close, volume. ............

3) Date should be your local system format. E.g. DD/MM/YYYY. If you export with your computer set to MM/DD/YYYY and then import with it set to DD/MM/YYYY you'll get in a mess.

4) The date can be in any format BUT the program will use the international settings on your computer to decide whether a date is DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY.

5) I had a large csv database with many tickers with this format and just thinking of having to edit it before importing drove me to try the following which worked. In regional settings, change the date format to yyyy-mm-dd instead of dd-mm-yyyy, then run FCharts do a single or bulk import. The data will be imported and displayed correctly. When finished importing remember to change the date settings back to the original so that you can get normal function of the program.
Further, I am able to create the type mismatch error and clear it too by proper formatting of date and entering the correct location, etc.

Probable causes for 13 : Type mismatch are:

1) The date is not in proper format.

2) Date, time, price and volume columns not correctly specified in the Live data window of FCharts.

From the abstracts of help file, the best possible format for date is the "YYYY-MM-DD" and in the XL sheet, the date formatted that way.

So, before reporting the type mismatch error, please ensure that the entries in the FCharts Live Data window are matching with the ones shown in the image attached along with each XL sheet.

All the best.

murthymsr

3)

murthymsr

Dear murthy sir ,
I still have 13 type mismatch error
RANJITSINGH66
It's surprising! My sheet is working fine.

Please check and ensure that:

1) The date format displayed in the excel sheet is like 2009-03-09

2) The Time format is like 11:30 in the morning and like 13:30 in the AN

3) Ensure that the column names for date, time, ticker, close (Last) and volume entered in FCharts Live Data window match with corresponding column names in the excel sheet and that the unused column names namely Open, High and Low in Fc are blanked.

4) In general, check if your FC live data window settings match with those posted by me as png file along with the xL sheet.

All the best.

murthymsr

Last edited:

casoni

It's surprising! My sheet is working fine.

Please check and ensure that:

1) The date format displayed in the excel sheet is like 2009-03-09

2) The Time format is like 11:30 in the morning and like 13:30 in the AN

3) Ensure that the column names for date, time, ticker, close (Last) and volume entered in FCharts Live Data window match with corresponding column names in the excel sheet and that the unused column names namely Open, High and Low in Fc are blanked.

4) In general, check if your FC live data window settings match with those posted by me as png file along with the xL sheet.

All the best.

murthymsr
hello sir ,
please throw some light on how to use this excel with amibroker . how to configure with ami...i tried but, failed to get data in amibroker..and please guide how to add securites of cash segment also..thank you
[ sorry for my bad english ]

murthymsr

hello sir ,
please throw some light on how to use this excel with amibroker . how to configure with ami...i tried but, failed to get data in amibroker..and please guide how to add securites of cash segment also..thank you
[ sorry for my bad english ]
Thanks for trying with AB. I have not tried on AB. When successful, you may post your guidance for other AB users.

murthymsr

murthymsr

Dear Murthymsr,
Thanks for the updated excel sheet. Many people are trading in Indexes.
IMHO if you could upload an excell sheet with indexes also it'll be more useful.

Thanks,
Sgpal
Dear sgpal and others,

As already informed, the next version of XL sheet is ready and working properly in my system with Vista and XL 2003. However, I would like to observe for some more days before posting. The new version fetches NSE indices and junior nifty stocks also in addition to nifty, while the earlier version was fetching only nifty stocks.

While some users could get intraday charts in FC, a few (like Ranjitsingh66, sony,hemalsutaria and LalithaVenkatesh) have still reported about "13 : type mismatch". I think that this error be addressed first before the next version.

It was Ranjit's sheet which was corrected and posted by me and he still gets the same error. I feel very bad about this. :(

Those who could see the charts without error may also post their experience for the benefit of others.

Those who still get errors may post their observations tomorrow during MARKET HOURS ITSELF and I will try to sort them out.

While reporting, please indicate :

1) your Operating system and the XL version.

2) How is the date and time shown in the XL sheet.

3) Date and time settings in the OS ( How are the date and time shown at the bottom right most corner of the Task bar.)

4) FCharts version number

5) Preferably a snapshot of the FC Live data setting window with the source selected as Excel.

But before anything, please read all the posts by me on this error.

While on the subject, this and any other contributions by me will be free and open source without any passwords. Users may use, make improvements and repost for the benefit of the community.

Thanks for your time.

murthymsr