How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

where & How can I get backfill for fno perticularly options intraday data .

AFTER ALL I WANT TO KNOW IT IS NOT FREE MEANS only trail version free and then for eod charts also we don't get any free charts.

Last edited:

yusi

Downloaded now what i have to do .... Any craks needed or not ? Pl
The free version of QT works fine for many needs. There are no cracks required. You will have to register with your email address; the software will remind you periodically to do so if you have not. The free version is limited to 6 months of end-of-day and 1 or 2 days of intraday data. After download, you will need to set it up for NSE -- a guide is available.

Dear Friends,

It is time I repay my debt to the community. I have learnt so much from this site I thought I would for the benefit of the first time users give step by step instructions on how to setup MedVed QuoteTracker to get the NSE quotes live.

Of course you should be connected to Internet during Market Hours to get the data live.

The enclosed PDF file gives step by step instructions.

For those users who are not yet enabled to view the attachments please provide your email id and I would try and forward the PDF as an email attachment.

Happy viewing and I am ready to take your questions :)

Sekhar S
Plz send me on [email protected]

yusi

then how is metatrader providing it ?
QT gets the data by scraping the NSE website; also, this is done by the user client and not by a QT server that subsequently distributes the data. If you use Metatrader, you should be in a better position to answer your question; maybe the same way that brokers provide the data by using a direct NSE feed and also caching it.

yusi

Kindly guide as which is the Best Indicator & it's Parameters in Quote Trader for Intraday Trading with 5 minute Charts.
If you look around, the discussion on 'Best Indicator' is endless. The choice of best indicator has nothing to do with QuoteTracker. My choice is multi-time frame TSI, Stochastic and TMF. For TSI the settings are (21,14,4) and (9,5,2) but would be hesitant to use it for less than M15 charts.

The more relevant questions are: Is the required indicator inbuilt as one of the standard indicators? What are the limitations of QT in general and specific to the indicator? Remember that QT fetches quotes every 60 seconds or so. Also a maximum of two day intraday is stored for the free version. For a TSI(21,14,4), it needs at least 21 M15 period for the indicator to settle down i.e. almost 1 day of data.

To cut it short, I would not recommend QT for trading in the M5 time frame.