Help Required to verify trade Price on 9/5/2017

Hi All,

Before I tell the incident happened,
Can any tick data user confirm the Low price of TATAMOTORS Cash on 9/5/2017 (Tuesday) at 12:20 - 12:25 p.m. 5 min candle?
I checked following site:
Zerodha Kite : 383.75
Tradingview: 383.75
Google Finance: 383.75
Investing.com : 383.75
Sharekhan : 383.75

I am a trading using zerodha kite.

On 9/5/2017 (Tuesday)
, I put a MIS Stoploss limit Sell Order for TATAMOTORS after 9:40 a.m. at Rs 383.55

This order got triggered and executed at 12.22.26 p.m. at Rs 383.55

But How is it possible?

Price never reached at Rs 383.55 after 9:20 a.m.
How can order be executed at 383.55 at 12.22 p.m. when price never reached.
I verified the price with NSE site and it is confirmed that never reached.

Now Zerodha is saying it is not possible to catch all tick data.
But question is, if they did not catch the tick data then how come stoploss order is triggered by them and actual order is sent to Exchange?

As per me, actual orader is sent to Exchange only after stoploss price is triggered.
Can any senior trader help me to understand the stoploss order execution by broker.

Thanks,
Deb

Last edited:
Can any Data Vendor user or tick data user confirm the Low price of TATAMOTORS Cash on 9/5/2017 (Tuesday) at 12:20 - 12:25 p.m. 5 min candle?
Help Please.

Raj232

In all timeframes, the data shows that 383.75 was the low after 11.59 AM for TATAMOTORS on 5-Sep-17.

You can verify the trades on NSE website using:
https://www.nseindia.com/tv
https://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/trades/newStructure/verifyTradesCurrency.jsp?segment=CD

.. not sure which is the latest one.
Thanks for the confirmation.
I received mail from NSE with the trade list. But doubt is when the stoploss order is sent to Exchange. As per zerodha confirmation, stoploss trigger and actual order placing are handled by Exchage. Zerodha just pass the stoploss order to Exchange. I am not sure whether same is the process for other broker. I was in a impression that broker software handles stoploss order and it sends the actual order to exchange only after price trigger happens. But zerodha denies it.

Last edited:

Raj232

Thanks for the confirmation.
I received mail from NSE with the trade list. But doubt is when the stoploss order is sent to Exchange. As per zerodha confirmation, stoploss trigger and actual order placing are handled by Exchage. Zerodha just pass the stoploss order to Exchange. I am not sure whether same is the process for other broker. I was in a impression that broker software handles stoploss order and it sends the actual order to exchange only after price trigger happens. But zerodha denies it.
So how do you take this up further.. can the trader directly contact the exchange, or will Zerodha have to contact the exchange. Surely there is foul play.
I put in a small sell market order .. and it too almost 15 seconds to complete as per trade book.. that too with prices improving as time passed.. when in fact it should have been selling at lower and lower prices :):)
please follow this issue up.. as these issues should not go unnoticed.

bpr

Hi All,

Now Zerodha is saying it is not possible to catch all tick data.
But question is, if they did not catch the tick data then how come stoploss order is triggered by them and actual order is sent to Exchange?

Thanks,
Deb
Once you place the order the broker receives and sent it to exchange and now the order is sitting at exchange and triggered at exchange where price did trade upto .55 or more but those ticks never transmitted to the broker ....so the broker shows wrong chart ...

Broker does not execute anything ....all executions happens at exchange.

Last edited: