Have you noticed the so called Stock Analysts on CNBC?

FanaticTrader

All the analyst which we see on these national business channels are being paid heavily by these channels (I am sure even you would not turn down any offer if made by CNBC, Zee, FT, Bloomberg ect) and I guess recommending stocks is the best business to make some extra money as it always comes with 'Trade at your own risk' tag.

I would listen to all of them and try and gauge as whats the general view abt the markets but at the end of the day I firmly belive one shud only trade what we see on the charts.

abhiwhy

................................... deleted ...................................

bunny

I don't know how genuine that things was, but somewhere on this or some other forum, I remember someone telling about a conversation with Rajat K. Bose who regularly appears on CNBC TV-18. Mr. Bose says that being an analyst and selling stock recommendation is a safe business because you can atleast sleep well at nigh regardless of the market movements.

Ofcourse, this should not be interpreted negatively as "I do not have the balls to trade". After all, everyone is trying to earn their bread. Some trade, some analyse, some research, etc.

amitrandive

I watch all the analysts as noted in the tread.But we must realise that our risk appetite is not know to the analysts and hence they give generic analysis.
Also we must develop our own trading system and just use the analysts view as a guide line to confirm our method ,research and system.

Amit

All CNBC analyst including S P Tulsian works for the companies i guess..as if they are paid.....Some Gil who used to come for gul tulsian show..atleast used to make sense but now he comes on other channels

Though not many prefer Have any guy from u have heard about rajesh tambe who comes on Zee Business(Hindi channel) on monday morning 10 to 11 i guess and thursday at 1 to 2....(sorry my cable operter have removed that channel so time might differ if i m wrong).....Atleast he makes some sense..but he is not a technical analyst....but other technical analyst like mb singh also looks good...i had asked abt ranbaxy to him when it was 164 and my buy price was 284....thinking to book lost....he said atleast wait till 250 even if u want to book lost..........than i thght i better sell it after 1 year which complete on 29th of this month and see i might book profit now
Well said, It is not wrong !
What you said was right even by 2010 and even by 2012 and may not change for decades to come.
If they come to know about our community "traderji.com" probably they may slightly raise their eye brows up !
Regrds

SexyTrader

Well no.... I really didn't notice the analysts at all.....but I did like some of the girls reading the news on there :rofl:

mastermind007

I watch Technical Analysts like Ashwani Gujral on CNBC and when Nifty is at 4500 levels, he predicts:
"Nifty has a lower resistance support at 4350, if Nifty breaks this level then the next resistance is at 4200.
However if the Nifty crosses 4650, you can very well see the next resistance level at 4800."
Wow, what a genius!
So, what else did you expect him to say? Whatever he says, he gets paid by the bucketload? So, thats not only genius, its ingenious. :clap::clap::clap:

I'd compete with him for that job in which all I have to do is say the obvious.

mastermind007

Ashwini Gujral suggested 4-5 days back that TCS will go down to 480-500 . it is at 560 today.

He suggested to buy Unitech yesterday when it had hit upper BB and it had to come down. It is 1.5 rs down today.

Hitendra Vasudeo suggested Unitech for Yesterday day trading. Buy at 112 and sell at 118-126. it did not cross 115.2 yesterday.

They ignored BB, i dont know why.
I only hope you did not ignore BB.