Hathway Internet

Is any other internet provider is there in Mumbai, Kandivili (W)?.

I am still with Hathway for want of alternative. During June to Aug 08, I observed that the down loaded qty. was on higher side. I observed in Aug. 08 that there was downloading even when PC was off. Between 09.10.08 and 13.10.08, I disconnected internet cable from the modem and checked for the downloading during this period. There was downloading during this period, but the qty. down loaded on 11th and 12th Oct. 08 which happened to Saturday and Sunday respectively was so high that it was equivalent to my monthly down loading. It was 198.307 MB on 11th Oct. 08 and 594.804MB. I complained to Hathway's local office, followed by their Head Office at Lower Parel Mumbai, and personally spoke to one Mr. Nilesh. I also followed it up with several e-mail reminders and phones but to no avail. Subsequently, I complained to the Police who in turn got in touch with Hathway but to no avail. There is no response to any of my complaints or Police follow up.

Therefore, I decided to switch over to unlimted scheme for 3 months. My old renewal was due on 4th Dec., but I switched over to new scheme on 1st Dec. 08 itself, paid the amt. on that day itself, valid upto 31.03.09. However, they did not changed the scheme till I reminded them on 9th Dec. 08. Thereafter, they sent me one supplementary bill for the intervening period i.e. 5th Dec to 9th Dec. 08, which I refused to pay till now. Besides, they sent another bill for the entire month of Dec08/Jan 09, including the amt. of supplementary bill as unpaid. This was followed by several e-mail reminders, phone calls and SMSs for payment of the bill which is not due. From my side, I made several e-mails explaining the status. Which means, Hathway is very much concerned only while billing but are not concerned with any of our complaints or replies. I do not know why they do not act on our e-mails. WORST SERVICE.

I wish Govt. must look into this and encourage competitions. I do not understand why other players are not in the field.

No. I was not using wireless, nor there is pass word for log-in. It is direct cable connection. It is mischief played by Hathway staffers; I believe so. Bcoz, there is no communication from their side confirms so.

hi bangerabs

i live in malvani (malad w) . here theres only mtnl n cabel connxn. curretnly usin triband rs.599 for 2.5 gb.
no disconnxn yet. yet to start full time day tradin. is there ne alterante service avialable for backup in malvani area.

cheers