software for tracing nifty movements by extrapolating
but i need to have say a years nifty values (ie; open,high,
low,close values of nifty).
with this i would create a RSI , BB,Elliot wave pattern,MA
like this ,i would like to dedicate this software for Traderji Forum
members only.

so if anyone can guide me where to get these nifty values or bse values
i would be thankful.
Please refer to the data feed thread. You will get the entire database along with other sources.

bunny

Dude, I appreciate your attitude of giving to the community, but I think you will be wasting time reinventing the wheel. Also, If you write a "software" you will not only have to code for indicators like MA, RSI, MACD, but a whole lot of other indicators which you may not heard of. Its going to be time consuming and comparatively little productive if the software cannot stand against popular and commonly used ones like Amibroker, Metastock, etc. users are not gonna use it.

If you want to write it, sure go ahead but at every step keep an eye on its payoff.

PS: Few months back, I had also set out to write such a software, but after starting it, I didn;t feel it was worth the time because my software was no way providing the facilities available in amibroker. Now I am using amibroker and glad that I did not waste my time writing code. Instead I used that time to learn on trading and I am a more skilled trader now than what I was when writing the software.

I hope you got my point. Only a few people need software. If one does not want to pirate, free ones are available.

I have some similar ideas, was trying to test some cloud computing concept and used BSE Stock trends as basis. Now the application is up and running., I think it might help small time investors to look at sector details etc and understand the market.
Though its not a huge application, I wanted to get some input or feedback from real investors and traders.
just an info on my background, I am more of a programmer and very occasional investor.

www.pavulu.com

SwingKing

I have some similar ideas, was trying to test some cloud computing concept and used BSE Stock trends as basis. Now the application is up and running., I think it might help small time investors to look at sector details etc and understand the market.
Though its not a huge application, I wanted to get some input or feedback from real investors and traders.
just an info on my background, I am more of a programmer and very occasional investor.

www.pavulu.com
Pavalu, good initiative.

But as Bunny pointed out, most of the things built in systems are more or less same when compared to the indicators or tools provided in some popular softwares. I don't know how different your system or software is. Hence I cannot comment further.

Hi Raunak,
Thanks for taking a look at the site, definitely site is not intended for pro traders (I myself is a beginner and want to implement my learning along the way).
I thought if there's a site with basic info and pictorial representation at a very high level, it would be good for any non active investor/trader as a wrap up of current trends.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen.

rajputz

if you are so much enthusiastic about building the application, then y not make the similar afl for amibroker which you were going to code into your application.....

more of the trading community is using meta stock or amibroker....it will spread easily and will be real help to the community

Hi Rajputz,
I hope to provide details in a similar fashion one day, but taking steps one by one. Currently writing logic to provide details of Moving averages for each company.
As bunny and Raunak correctly pointed out there are hundreds of other tools and sites already existing with lots of features, I am just enjoying my programming.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen.

www.pavulu.com

Hi Rajputz,
I hope to provide details in a similar fashion one day, but taking steps one by one. Currently writing logic to provide details of Moving averages for each company.
As bunny and Raunak correctly pointed out there are hundreds of other tools and sites already existing with lots of features, I am just enjoying my programming.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen.

www.pavulu.com