Getting Started in Trading - Help Me

Hi

I am living in Chandigarh and have just passed out my Engineering, so, I don't have any knowledge right now on How To Trade. I have always been looking to get started in Trading but I don't know how to do it or what..

Basically I am looking for both Intraday Trading and Long Term Investments but I don't know how to do it

I wanted to invest both in Mutual Funds and Individual Stocks but don't know how to do it

I have around 20,000 bucks for investment right now, and plans to add up 5000 every month to my initial start

I have an SBI account and applied for an HDFC zero balance account with Demat today which will get activate by the next week

I don't have a credit card

Would like to go for Online Trading, Will HDFC Securities will be good Trading Platform for me??????

I will love if you can suggest me

ARMHM

Welcome to Traderji. Saint's thread "Teach A Man to Fish..." is a good start to learn short term trading. For long term investment you need a good luck to identify a scrip because long term could mean 10, 20 or even 30 years for many stocks. Even then it may not perform upto one's expectations.
Good Luck.

Hi

I am living in Chandigarh and have just passed out my Engineering, so, I don't have any knowledge right now on How To Trade. I have always been looking to get started in Trading but I don't know how to do it or what..

Basically I am looking for both Intraday Trading and Long Term Investments but I don't know how to do it

I wanted to invest both in Mutual Funds and Individual Stocks but don't know how to do it

I have around 20,000 bucks for investment right now, and plans to add up 5000 every month to my initial start

I have an SBI account and applied for an HDFC zero balance account with Demat today which will get activate by the next week

I don't have a credit card

Would like to go for Online Trading, Will HDFC Securities will be good Trading Platform for me??????

I will love if you can suggest me
Wish u best of luck,my advice is to do lots and lots of paper trade before u put ur hard earned money(may be ur father's) in to stake.As far as platform is concerned i would suggest rkglobal or reliance money. Both are the cheapest brokerage houses.

Z

zont

I'll suggest to stay out of day trading till you become proficient. Day trading is too risky for biegners and you can loose all 20k within couple of days(I know since I have been there).
Do lots of study and start with MFs with systematic plan... move to stock after 6 months

Zont

Investing to wealth

TFL

Dear saurabh27,

First move on to Paper Trading, and understand the mistakes.
Then learn some Technical Analysis, from these sites and buy some book(must have) and learn about technical analysis and "Money Management". The again start you paper trading try to find the differences. Do it for a week. After you are full confident that you are doing something good. then move on to real trading.

Start with small quantity of shares. Donot trade in low volume shares.
You amount 20000 is much low, even though by careful trading you can make money.

Donot trade with the leverage given by the broker firm that may empty your capital soon. Always "apply"(order with stoploss not keep it in mind) stoploss on each trade. Also never show shyness to cut your losses. Keep with trailing stops always. Donot loose more than 1% of your capital in any trade. Also trade with equal money in all. Donot do many trades at a time. Concentrate to 1 or 2. Divide money equally in all trades.

Thanks,
Hari.

Saurabh27,

Paper trading for a week is as good not doing it all. You should do it for 3 or 6 months atleast to gain experience in handling/facing all kinds of up and down situations. People o it for 1 year too. It is good that you have only Rs 20,000. You will have no temptation to play high stakes. Start with 30% of your capital and develop slowly. Who knows if your lucky Rs6000/- may become Rs 6 lacs in a year. DONOT EVER BE GREEDY.

Read Saints work on "Teach a man to fish....." Download from http://www.************/file/60263573/972b7521/Saint.html
Post your questions in the thread
http://www.traderji.com/technical-an...an-thread.html

Wish you the very best
vps

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the delivery of the stocks.Though I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post. :(
My broker(Reliance Money) delivers it to me after T+2 days means today + 2 days.Within this time if the stock behaves badly I cannot sell it off using the normal way.Is there any way in which I can sell the stock between these span?
The stock is visible in ATST projection.

Regards,
Maddy