Formula Help

I had in mind of just using the Chaikin Oscillator to gauge an uptrend from 0.5 up and a downtrend from 0 down. I shall try the CCI. thks

I had in mind of just using the Chaikin Oscillator to gauge an uptrend from 0.5 up and a downtrend from 0 down. I shall try the CCI. thks
You can add the following to meet the above condition.:-

(1) AND CHO > 0.5 AND CHO[1] < 0.5

(2) AND CHO < 0 AND CHO[1] > 0

Cheers

Himadri

thks again Himadriji. What I can understand that in FChart Pro we can give 2 long conditions and 2 short conditions. Is there any way to save extra formula, i.e. 5th, 6th etc, such that it can be used when required?

thks again Himadriji. What I can understand that in FChart Pro we can give 2 long conditions and 2 short conditions. Is there any way to save extra formula, i.e. 5th, 6th etc, such that it can be used when required?
All formula's can be saved in Fchart Pro. When you write any formula that should have a unique name such as for (1) is like Buy 1, Buy 2, Buy 3 etc. and for (2) is like Sell 1, Sell 2 and Sell 3. In that way all formulas can be saved and be used as and when required. If same name is given for different formulas, it will overwrite the previous formula. Hope the same is clarified to you.

Cheers

Himadri

Great! Can you please check the chart for Satyam Computers. After today's EOD, when I viewed the chart type as Heikin-ashi, today's bar is showing a strong downtrend (long red body with a long lower shadow) with previous 3 days of consolidation. Additionally RSI and CHO is on a downtrend. Does it look like a start of strong downside?

Can today's HA candle be formula fitted?

Great! Can you please check the chart for Satyam Computers. After today's EOD, when I viewed the chart type as Heikin-ashi, today's bar is showing a strong downtrend (long red body with a long lower shadow) with previous 3 days of consolidation. Additionally RSI and CHO is on a downtrend. Does it look like a start of strong downside?

Can today's HA candle be formula fitted?
Nice observation. But I regret to inform you that so far no formula is available for HA Candle in Fchart Pro.

Cheers

Himadri

After going through some of your earlier threads and the FF formula forum I tried the following conditions that include the indicators and change in candlestick pattern (though not HA candle type)

During downtrend, intermediate check on whether any sort of upside is forming even though shorter period EMA is less than Longer period EMA

Condition #1: RSI > RSI[1] AND CCI > CCI2 AND CHO > CHO[1] AND Body > Body[1] AND O < L[1] AND C > O[1] AND RedCandle[1] = True AND GreenCandle = True

During uptrend when shorter EMA has crossed over longer EMA, an intermediate check on whether any downside is forming or not

Condition #2: RSI < RSI[1] AND CCI < CCI2 AND CHO < CHO[1] AND Body > Body[1] AND L < L[1] AND O > C[1] AND GreenCandle[1] = True AND RedCandle = True

This may I guess cut down on losses. Your advise on the above please.

After going through some of your earlier threads and the FF formula forum I tried the following conditions that include the indicators and change in candlestick pattern (though not HA candle type)

During downtrend, intermediate check on whether any sort of upside is forming even though shorter period EMA is less than Longer period EMA

Condition #1: RSI > RSI[1] AND CCI > CCI2 AND CHO > CHO[1] AND Body > Body[1] AND O < L[1] AND C > O[1] AND RedCandle[1] = True AND GreenCandle = True

During uptrend when shorter EMA has crossed over longer EMA, an intermediate check on whether any downside is forming or not

Condition #2: RSI < RSI[1] AND CCI < CCI2 AND CHO < CHO[1] AND Body > Body[1] AND L < L[1] AND O > C[1] AND GreenCandle[1] = True AND RedCandle = True

This may I guess cut down on losses. Your advise on the above please.
I do appreciate your experiment with formula. Keep on experimenting with formulas and try to find out which formulas suits your requirement on various situation. Each and every individual has some trading style and stratigy and they set up different parameters during such analysis. Carry on your good work and enjoy trading.

Cheers

Himadri