ETFs - Exchange Traded Funds

vasa1

In case of ETF tax depends on whether u r holding the units as investments or stocks in trade

If its investment the same rules for tax implies as in case of equity mutual funds.
Nil long term capital gain tax
15% short term capital gains tax

In case of DSPML World Gold Fund, its treated as FoF investing in funds of gold mining companies.
Here eventhough we are investing in Equities there are no regulation treating debt or equity separately in case of FoF in India. So the tax as of Debt schemes applies.
For long term gain u will get 10% or 20% with indexation which ever is lower.

before Investing thouroughly read offer document. Ofcourse forums give opinion of people but take it as only an information but before investing please go though offer document or atleast KIM of the respective scheme.

Swama
Even the dividend of this fund will be taxed as that of a debt fund.:mad:

In case of ETF tax depends on whether u r holding the units as investments or stocks in trade

If its investment the same rules for tax implies as in case of equity mutual funds.

In case of DSPML World Gold Fund, its treated as FoF investing in funds of gold mining companies.
Here eventhough we are investing in Equities there are no regulation treating debt or equity separately in case of FoF in India. So the tax as of Debt schemes applies.

before Investing thouroughly read offer document. Ofcourse forums give opinion of people but take it as only an information but before investing please go though offer document or atleast KIM of the respective scheme.

Swama

Thanks Swama, for the reply.

Swama
Thanks for the reply Swama

ETFs

Dear all
I request your help on following -

1>:rolleyes:
In the catagory of ETF - nifty based index funds - growth plan -
why is it that only NIFTY Bees and UTI Sunder have their NAVs at a very high value in the range of 520+ and all others are in range of NAV >= 40-50
despite the returns being almost similar for all.

2>:confused:
How is the returns % exactly calculated ?

Thanks in adv and hoping for a reply
oneandonlykrishna

vasa1

Re: ETFs

It's quite possible that some ETFs have the unit priced at say 1/10 the Nifty whereas others have it at 1/100, 1/50 or whatever.

What should be important is that all the Nifty ETFs show the same daily percentage gain or loss.

Nifty BeES

By reading this thread, my understanding is as follows:

1) Nifty BeES can be had only in demat form

2) It can only be bought from stock exchange

3) It can not be bought directly from AMC i.e. Benchmark in this case

Am I correct? I hope someone enlightens me.

sudoku1

Re: How do we buy index ETF?

I was on ICICI Direct and could not figure out how to buy index ETF.Can someone shed some light.
OPEN ENDED XCHANGE FUND can b bought or sold like any other stock.....
>NIFTY BEES from benchmark fund is a prominent one traded on the xchanges....:)