Effects of not keeping a Stop Loss

U

uasish

Can we put double qty in the Stop Loss order.
Say on last friday in Divi's Lab Fut if you Longed around 2.10 on a 10 min chart say at 1928.00 could we put Double qty at say SL 1918.00.
Does any of ATR ,blah blah helps to find that point.
Stop Loss is a price point ,which should be such that my position should be reversed,becoz the basic premises for Stop is THUS FAR & NO FURTHER,hence should'nt the trade be reversed from that point.Rather our attitude is we are giving Leeway for the Stock's movement(historical).

U

uasish

So to-day also 1918 in Divis Lab Fut has acted as Resistance Point for Longs ,as also the Mkt was not favourable in the opening.

oilman5

without stop.......is living with a poisonous snake,.......with stop.......u have taken poison out of it........
today i know......however good a snake charmer u r........i am grasping by its kiss

If you want to be a daytrader, keep a stop. If you dont want to be a daytrader then dont keep a stop. Its as simple as that.

A stop will give you more lives to come back and fight another day.

How many times does your account have to be wiped out before you decide to give trading.

I dont know who in his out of mind condition coined this term stoploss, go back and have a look at any of the stock you bought at any level and got out of it due to stoploss since the bull market of 2003 started, i am sure you will find every stock at higher levels than where your stop loss awarded you a loss, huh.

Money was, is & will always be made by buying stocks in bull market and shorting a bear market' ALWAYS

To cut a long story short, stop loss is like your car's sit belt.
Though u may not be comfortable with it while rash driving;
It is the only one which protects u in case of fatal road crash.
similarly stop loss protects u in case of major market down falls.

H

hari09omkar

go back and have a look at any of the stock you bought at any level and got out of it due to stoploss since the bull market of 2003 started, i am sure you will find every stock at higher levels than where your stop loss awarded you a loss, huh.
What about a reentry after hitting a stop?

Prabhjeet

Hari i think livermore is trying to suffer what is called idiot's loss by not practicing stoploss