Dotex sending notice for illegal use of data feed

rh6996

Yes, But, Registration is not required because it is private entity. It is primarily for accountability and yes, "market" is regulated entity.

But any one with 500 Rs and few pieces of documentation can register and hence it is practically a public place.
Hmmm, yes, Registration is required for Accountability. Just because one can register with a few pieces of documents, it cannot be called a Public entity where Public becomes entitled to its Products Free ! Its for use by Public, sure but not Free. Just my view. :p
We cannot 'pluck' flowers from a Public Garden.... its not allowed ! We might have paid some entry charges to get inside the Garden but we are not entitled to the flowers there Free. A few gardens in Jaipur also Sell the flowers previously plucked for the same. I find a similarity.

mastermind007

Hmmm, yes, Registration is required for Accountability. Just because one can register with a few pieces of documents, it cannot be called a Public entity where Public becomes entitled to its Products Free ! Its for use by Public, sure but not Free. Just my view. :p
We cannot 'pluck' flowers from a Public Garden.... its not allowed ! We might have paid some entry charges to get inside the Garden but we are not entitled to the flowers there Free. A few gardens in Jaipur also Sell the flowers previously plucked for the same. I find a similarity.
rh6996,

I disagree ... "Public" does not mean "free"

City Buses, Trains, metros are called public transport and are never free ...

Even Schools/Hospitals/Banks have "Public" and "private" adjective applied where public usually also means cheaper and/or inferior, but it never implies free.

Hi seniors pls help me out,

I'm in plans to start showing live web charts streaming from my amibroker in my website,Please do help me whether its legal or illegal.Everything is developed and ready for hosting.

Regards
I know at least 2 websites who stopped showing charts after they got such letters. Infact, this is the crux of the problem. There were few genuine blogs and websites who have stopped their services after getting such letters. Whether legal or not, no one wants to get into legal trouble here in India, right or wrong.

Whatever I have gathered till now from the net, it does not seem like there is anything illegal in showing charts or data on your website. However, if these people find out, you will surely get a letter like this. Are you ready to fight for your right? If yes, then please go ahead. If not, don't bother.

I also received mail from Dotex. But the reason is not specified. I don't know what to do? What is the cost of EOD data for websites..If any one know please reply

I also received mail from Dotex. But the reason is not specified. I don't know what to do? What is the cost of EOD data for websites..If any one know please reply

Dotex, which provided data and info-vending services of NSE, have been sending the following emails to a lot of website owners, who show technicals and charts etc. on their websites:

"We have observed that you are utilising National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (NSE) data in your website/software, in this regard, you are advised to let us know from where you are sourcing the data. We would also like to bring to your notice the fact that such usage or display of the NSE data without entering into contract and paying the prescribed fees to DotEx International Limited (which is a 100% subsidiary of NSE handling the data info-vending services of NSE) is legally not allowed.

In this regards, we recommend that you to enter into an agreement and pay the subscriptions fees to DotEx with immediate effect and in the mean time stop the usage/ display / redistribution of the data with immediate effect.

You are hereby called upon to kindly show cause, within Five (5) working days from the date of this intimation, to present your case else we reserve our rights to institute appropriate proceedings under applicable laws at your risk as to cost and consequences, Please note."

Can any learned member here throw light as to how showing technicals on websites (like 200 DMA, breakout stockes and their prices, charts etc.) can be considered be illegal? There are hundreds of data feed providers in the market. Are all of them illegal?

just now posted enquired from ABC company :) . i know they wont allow to climb on the first step on the ladder. that's y interested in trading not on these. i created these codes in 2007 itself.
I am using nse data from google finance in spread sheet on my website..is this illegal

DiwaliCrackers

It is illegal

Code:
You agree not to copy, modify, reformat, download, store, reproduce, reprocess, transmit or redistribute any data or information found herein or use any such data or information in a commercial enterprise without obtaining prior written consent. All data and information is provided “as is” for personal informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes or advice. Please consult your broker or financial representative to verify pricing before executing any trade.
source:
http://www.google.co.in/googlefinance/disclaimer/

I am using nse data from google finance in spread sheet on my website..is this illegal
Sreyas,

If you are using data from google finance, it can be illegal only if "google" has specified in its terms and conditions that you cannot use data from their website. In that case, you will have to seek permission from them for such use.

Also, it depends upon for what purpose you are using such data.

It is illegal

Code:
You agree not to copy, modify, reformat, download, store, reproduce, reprocess, transmit or redistribute any data or information found herein or use any such data or information in a commercial enterprise without obtaining prior written consent. All data and information is provided “as is” for personal informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes or advice. Please consult your broker or financial representative to verify pricing before executing any trade.
source:
http://www.google.co.in/googlefinance/disclaimer/
DiwaliCrackers,

The use of this data becomes illegal only if it is being used in a "commercial enterprise".

rh6996

Data mining by a NSE member from his/her own Terminal say Odin, Neat or anyother : Any views on its legality ! He does not SELL it but provides it to his Clients for their Personal use.

Is a NSE member entitled to 'save' the Data he receives on his terminals?