Diary of a Intraday Trader in Cash Segment

Trades on Jan 17, 2012 -> Bought 400 Unitech at 25.20 & Sold at 24.85. Loss = 171. Also, Bought Nifty 4800 PE 2 lots at 17.80 & Sold at 15.00. Loss = 363. Cash in Hand = 2394-171-363 = 1860. Percentage of Return = -22.3%.

:mad: Have to make up all the losses soon. :mad:

Trades on Jan 18, 2012 -> Bought 320 Unitech at 26.65 & Sold at 25.65. Loss = 345. Cash in Hand = 1860-345 = 1515. Percentage of Return = -18.5%. :(

prst

Trades on Jan 18, 2012 -> Bought 320 Unitech at 26.65 & Sold at 25.65. Loss = 345. Cash in Hand = 1860-345 = 1515. Percentage of Return = -18.5%. :(
may i know which strategy are u following on unitech?

may i know which strategy are u following on unitech?
No real strategy. Simple Pivot Points. Can't see realtime charts in office, hence following simple pivot points rule. Looking at LTP from the mobile platform and then deciding whether to buy now or sell now. :)

gambler

No real strategy. Simple Pivot Points. Can't see realtime charts in office, hence following simple pivot points rule. Looking at LTP from the mobile platform and then deciding whether to buy now or sell now. :)
I am regular viewer of ur thread, and I really want that u should achieve new heights in trading, don't know why! U were going very Gud till few days back, wish u luck!

I am regular viewer of ur thread, and I really want that u should achieve new heights in trading, don't know why! U were going very Gud till few days back, wish u luck!
Thank you very much Brother. :)

prst

unitech is in strong uptrend.
i feel you i should hav held on..
you can also use moving averages as part of ur strategy..

prst

Re: Dairy of a Intraday Trader in Cash Segment

Nothing extra. I trade only 1 particular scrip everyday so long as it has good volume and it gives me consistent return. Earlier it was RCOM but then it started to fluctuate beyond my understanding/prediction/intution or whatever, I shifted to Unitech. Unitech is always in the list of most active shares in NSE under volume. Moreover, Unitech has always been special to me as my first trade (delivery basis) in the world of stock market was in Unitech, which gave me a good return.

I agree that there are many other fishes in the sea. But I am trying to fish not for the sheer excitement of fishing but for making it my sole source of income and I believe studying a particular breed of fish would allow me to predict its movement and thereby make my fishing profitable consistently.:)
I used to have the same kind of attachment for Tata motors when I had started out . :)

Trades on Jan 19, 2012 -> Bought 500 Unitech at 27.10 & Sold at 27.18. Profit/Loss = 0. Cash in Hand = 1515-0 = 1515. Percentage of Return = 0%.