Deit Odin - Moving Average and Custom Indicator

Hi Frnds,
I need help in getting little insight of Indicator under Diet Odin. I am using RK Global Odin for trading and as of now I have 2 queries
1. While setting up SMA for any periods there is an option in Odin for setting up DUAL color combination. For Up and Down we generally select Green and Red. I was wondering how it is internally determined whether to draw red or green.
I did lots of analysis from my side but could not succeed. your help will be appreciated.

2, Secondly, is anybody is using Custom Indicator in Odin or any body is having any handy tutorials for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi

DSM

Hi Ravi,

When you use single MA, the values are looked at. E.g if the current value is higher (e.g 122) than the average of previous value (e.g 120.40), the MA will be plotted green and reverse for red.

I don't use Odin, so cannot reply on your second query.

Hi Frnds,
I need help in getting little insight of Indicator under Diet Odin. I am using RK Global Odin for trading and as of now I have 2 queries
1. While setting up SMA for any periods there is an option in Odin for setting up DUAL color combination. For Up and Down we generally select Green and Red. I was wondering how it is internally determined whether to draw red or green.
I did lots of analysis from my side but could not succeed. your help will be appreciated.

2, Secondly, is anybody is using Custom Indicator in Odin or any body is having any handy tutorials for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

When you use single MA, the values are looked at. E.g if the current value is higher (e.g 122) than the average of previous value (e.g 120.40), the MA will be plotted green and reverse for red.

I don't use Odin, so cannot reply on your second query.
Thanks DSM for reply. That is not the logic which is build in Odin for color coding. There is some different methodology build in it.

DSM

Ravi,

In which case, you can export the data to excel if possible (as most platforms allow this) and then compare the data to check at what values the color changes. It would seem strange if the MA line remains +ve (green) if the price values are negative in my view.

Thanks DSM for reply. That is not the logic which is build in Odin for color coding. There is some different methodology build in it.

Ravi,

In which case, you can export the data to excel if possible (as most platforms allow this) and then compare the data to check at what values the color changes. It would seem strange if the MA line remains +ve (green) if the price values are negative in my view.

Hi DSM,
I did that too. It was real surprising for me too and hence landed here with query.

DSM

O.k.. the logic of MA is to denote -ve value over 'X' period that you choose. So logically, the MA band should change its values accordingly. Now if you are saying that does not happen, do post the chart and the exported tick data along with MA series..... That should be enough to find the logic....

Good luck.

Hi DSM,
I did that too. It was real surprising for me too and hence landed here with query.