Day Trading vs Swing Trading

I am a DAY trader BCOZ?

• I trade Broker's tip or Trade Tips.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arora

Full time day trader....However i can do swing also...because i do my intra day trading only in favor of swing trading trend. Only reason i don't do swing is because of psychological fear of overnight risk .

Plus other reason considering margin maintenance , based upon my capital I can double my quantity in intra day instead swing (big stop loss, big margin required plus required very good filter capital to manage gaps)....so in nutshell both are same for me ......sleep calm every night

Dax Devil

Full time day trader....However i can do swing also...because i do my intra day trading only in favor of swing trading trend. Only reason i don't do swing is because of psychological fear of overnight risk .

Plus other reason considering margin maintenance , based upon my capital I can double my quantity in intra day instead swing (big stop loss, big margin required plus required very good filter capital to manage gaps)....so in nutshell both are same for me ......sleep calm every night
You yourself said that it is psychological fear of overnight risk. That implies, fear is not real but in one's mind. Thing is, look at it whichever way, Market is a dangerous place to earn living. Less you get exposed to it more chances of your survival - and more profit. Daytrading is misnomer in that people presume it as trading every minute of the day. It simply means that all positions are closed at the end of the day. No overnight carry forwards. And unless one is not compulsive or one's daily bread and butter is not dependent on it, day trading also doesn't mean trading everyday. Trading, be it swing or day, is nothing but finding the opportunities in the market and make them profitable.

Dax Devil

Nice Thread...but ...........
Almost 60 Visitors after your first post but voter only 3...........so pathetic. This kind of negative traders can't survive in stock market .
That is very serious allegation, my friend. Having put up a poll on the thread doesn't make it mandatory for the visitors to vote, does it? Personally, I did not vote because the options it put out to choose from hasn't got the option that makes me day trade. So there. No voting. Just like the market. If it is not showing the signs that satisfy my trading system, I shut off the terminal and do something else for the day... Still waiting for market to send an SMS calling me 'pathetic' trader, unfit for survival in the market. :)

raul12

I am unable to day trade because i have a day job.

I prefer swing trading because the profits are substantial (8-20%) unlike .5-2% in day trading( from what I've heard, I could very well be wrong here). Also day trading requires more time on screen which personally I don't prefer.

In day trading, not only does the system becomes critical but the SPEED of taking decisions also becomes critical in addition to brokerage cost, data accuracy etc.

I am sure all of us can find successful traders in both swing and day trading. The trick to long term success lies in identifying one's own personality and then accordingly selecting the appropriate option out of the two.

To each his own :)

PS: btw I didn't vote because no option fits me.

ananths

I feel day trading has more risk and higher chances of loss than swing trades. There are more chances of making mistakes in day trading because we follow lower TF. In swing trading we are trying to catch the direction of the market and would like to enter in low risk trades. So automatically we trade less and cost of the trade is less and small whipsaw in market doesn't throw us out. People talking about gap up or down against us should also think that it can be in favor too!! Proper money management reduces the tension and risk of overnight holding. I go with swing trading because it suits the time i can dedicate to the market. Go with the trend.. that's it :)