Day Traders Lounge.

lemondew

an easy way to become rich is sell all your property and migrate to one of the villages in india or countries in africa. It works the same way as when indians going to US and coming back with dollars declaring themselves rich.

sudoku1

an easy way to become rich is sell all your property and migrate to one of the villages in india or countries in africa. It works the same way as when indians going to US and coming back with dollars declaring themselves rich.
imagine d scenario if majority of d Indians start thinking that way:-D

nirav_j

Ip address is not reliable. I use mtnl and they give dynamic ips - new ip every time i restart modem. Also, Mac id is not visible after router
Just went through the router link.it says the PC MAC gets hidden and the router uses its own MAC to communicate to the internet.
For a MAC ban, the routers MAC can be banned.
;)

Anyway, security for forums has come a long way and so have ways to still find a workaround.

The point for us is, with stricter filtering it will become very very difficult for a troublemaker/s to continue their disruption...

VJAY

One of other forum where we many are active long ago(now not active forum & also we too :D ) there access by levels.....that method can test here too....only active and good charector members allowed to next level so in level2 problem makers unable to make problems in threads :D...just my view

Ip address is not reliable. I use mtnl and they give dynamic ips - new ip every time i restart modem. Also, Mac id is not visible after router
Just went through the router link.it says the PC MAC gets hidden and the router uses its own MAC to communicate to the internet.
For a MAC ban, the routers MAC can be banned.
;)

Anyway, security for forums has come a long way and so have ways to still find a workaround.

The point for us is, with stricter filtering it will become very very difficult for a troublemaker/s to continue their disruption...
yeah, IP address banning etc. is not very reliable. If the mods can check where this post came from, they will probably find some location in Europe. I am at this moment accessing TJ through Tor browser.
One of other forum where we many are active long ago(now not active forum & also we too :D ) there access by levels.....that method can test here too....only active and good charector members allowed to next level so in level2 problem makers unable to make problems in threads :D...just my view
Actually TJ doesn't need too strict security measures, just a little bit more tweaking. It has survived for years where the others haven't, because it is more tolerant and more easily accessible.

Usually we will find that the older members are consistent in their participation, any heated stuff involving the older members does simmer down soon. It is the newer members that have to be able to participate slowly.

Maybe the new members should be given a window period for joining. Suppose I submit the form now, I should be allowed to start posting after 24 hours or so, till then he can log in and browse, but not post. This is possible in vBulletin 3 (I am assuming that TJ is not going to upgrade from this stable version anytime soon).