Day Traders Lounge.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
My assembled PC is 8 years old , core2duo, RAM 2 GB. as it is shutting down sometimes now so time to make new assembled CPU.
I think i5 quad core processor should be ok. RAM 4GB ok or should be more ? any other advice ? motherboard etc.
Ram is the most important. Trading applications usually don't need the very powerful processor, even an I3 processor is enough.
But go for 8 Gb ram. Use two 4 GB ram than one 8 GB, so that even if one down suddenly during live trading, you'll get time to replace the other one. If u r using kite and multiple pages for a long hour with various applications ideal RAM requirement is 6gb. Keep another 2 Gb extra for worst cases.

Try to find the simultaneous dual display mother board at least. For example even more than 6 yr old board like DH67BL supports dual monitor display( one DVI, one HDMI), you can use two monitor side by side.
Use 64 bit OS, window 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit is stable but lightweight.

Benq 1080p LED monitors with the latest eye care technology (search Amazon) are the low cost, but very stable. You can go for one bigger monitor too like 27 inches. Probably cost is only about 14-15k.
It's always good for day trading if u can view all your required application side by side preferably with multi-monitor desktop.
Try to spend good money on the desktop, a dual monitor desktop is a must for trading. Save some money from processor price. I3 is enough as u r using few web application like kite, nest/now and amibroker;
not the high-end application like Ninja Trader, Traders Works station, MotiveWave etc(I can guess what u are using :)))

I assume your budget is moderate, as you are asking for advice. So, tried according to this. If u have some extra money after decent investment on motherboard and monitor go for I5. But before that, if u want speed go for SSD Drive(your pc performance will increase heavily with SSD drive even with a moderate processor, but min requirement is I3) . And a good Power Supply is the must.

If your budget is big go for 32 Gb Ram(16+16), Gaming Mother Board(Asus) with Ultra HD 4K multiple monitor display and 8th gen Cpu.

Last edited:

TradeJoker

My assembled PC is 8 years old , core2duo, RAM 2 GB. as it is shutting down sometimes now so time to make new assembled CPU.
I think i5 quad core processor should be ok. RAM 4GB ok or should be more ? any other advice ? motherboard etc.
Wow, now some highly volatile movement can see in Indian market,

Mere pyare deshvasiyon ,TraderRavi is back !!!! :oops::DD

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Reliance Jio to give 3-month free internet under GigaFiber broadband preview offer:

Four days after Reliance Jio began registrations for the JioGigaFiber service, the company has announced free preview plans, under which it will offer 100 GB per month free internet at 100 Mbps for 90 days, a Mint report said. The company says the areas that will get the free preview service first will be selected on the basis of maximum registrations.
Based on the registrations from a particular locality or housing society, the company will set up its fixed-line fiber-to-home broadband connections at the desired addresses. There are no installation charges but one has to pay security amount of Rs 4,500 -- which is refundable -- for Reliance Jio router, also known as GigaHub Home Gateway.

https://www.businesstoday.in/sector...gigafiber-broadband-preview/story/281501.html

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Teachers force him to get rakhi tied by girl, Tripura boy jumps off school building

A 18-year-old student was critically injured when he tried to commit suicide by jumping off his school building on being allegedly forced by his teachers to get a Rakhi tied on his wrist by a girl

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ol-building/story-a73QkGB1o8OvzbdB6jgBzM.html

Nowadays, in India, some educated people on higher posts are losing their common senses rapidly! :mad: