Database differences between two computers.

Hello everyone, regards.

I have the following problem, and I do not know how to solve it. I have two computers, one fixed and one portable. In both of them I have Amibroker installed. Always made a copy of the whole directory of the PC Fixed and copied it in the laptop, being able to work normally later with the laptop. When I finished working with the laptop make a copy of the directory and copied it on the fixed computer and everything worked correctly. Not now. Now, I do the same process from the fixed computer to the laptop and when I open Amibroker and see the last candle of many of the values ​​- but not all - the date of the last candle is different - previous - to the last candle of the fixed computer, it seems as if it lacks data -candles-, but it is not so because in the fixed computer, it is correct the last candle in the graph and the information comes from the fixed computer.
I think I have exposed the problem correctly, and I would like you to help me solve this problem.
Thank you very much,

Regards,
Josep

trash

Why dont you go to AmiBroker support since you have purchased(?) it?

FWIW, you possibly copied when AB was still opened (new data being in RAM only) .

Last edited:

mastermind007

Why do you want to copy data back from laptop to fixed computer? That part has gone bouncer for me.

If fresh data is set to arrive on your fixed PC, you only need to copy from the fixed to the laptop and there is no need for any inverse copy.

Also, how do you handle files that are to be deleted?

P.S. You may want to take a look at a free software named WinMerge or 2xExplorer that allows you to detect changed files and what has stayed identical. This may help you avoid some unnecessary copying....

Why dont you go to AmiBroker support since you have purchased(?) it?

FWIW, you possibly copied when AB was still opened (new data being in RAM only) .
Good morning.
Thanks for your reply.
It is not necessary. It is already resolved. Corrupt database.

Greetings.
Josep.

Why do you want to copy data back from laptop to fixed computer? That part has gone bouncer for me.

If fresh data is set to arrive on your fixed PC, you only need to copy from the fixed to the laptop and there is no need for any inverse copy.

Also, how do you handle files that are to be deleted?

P.S. You may want to take a look at a free software named WinMerge or 2xExplorer that allows you to detect changed files and what has stayed identical. This may help you avoid some unnecessary copying....
I have the need to use the two computers, because I travel with the laptop and when I go home I copy the laptop to the fixed computer. I work several days with the fixed computer and when I return to travel copy of the fixed to the laptop. However I have solved the problem. The Database was corrupt. I have recovered a previous database (Backup) and later I have updated.
Problem solved.
Thank you all.
Regards,

Josep