CRICKET BIDDING JUSTIFIED?

• NO

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • YES

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
H

hari09omkar

Haribhai even i cant stop laughing by the comparisons/examples you give. i would like to assume that its your talent and you are not serious on them.
After I said :'no more participation with u' in post no. 43,I kept on posting two more replies to his posts,so that was against my ethics-standard! I couldn't keep my words,which was pinning in my conscience,so those two posts are deleted now.I know deleting posts reduce the chance of protecting my point of view,but a gentleman's words are words.I haven't read a single sentence of that poster after my last post.The level of abusive language is just not upto the dignity I expect from a fellow member.
So fizzler,u found my talent in comparison! Why don't u put some more efforts to find why u r not more funny than those comparisons? Don't forget the topic of discussion and go to playing bridge.Answer to the point to my this post: http://www.traderji.com/158432-post41.html
and disprove the plight in ur fellow cricket fans' brains! And,a request,please don't use abusive language and maintain some decency.....just a request.

After I said :'no more participation with u' in post no. 43,I kept on posting two more replies to his posts,so that was against my ethics-standard! I couldn't keep my words,which was pinning in my conscience,so those two posts are deleted now.I know deleting posts reduce the chance of protecting my point of view,but a gentleman's words are words.I haven't read a single sentence of that poster after my last post.The level of abusive language is just not upto the dignity I expect from a fellow member.
So fizzler,u found my talent in comparison! Why don't u put some more efforts to find why u r not more funny than those comparisons? Why should I? isnt this what you should be doing...ofcourse you never found my posts funny ....Don't forget the topic of discussion and go to playing bridge.Answer to the point to my this post: I wont. There is no end to this discussion. I posted my views like you did. I dont want to be involved in any kind of idealistic spatter. Again, one can only discuss with people who are open to what others thoughts and then give their views. i dont think you are of that nature.so Sir, aapka ilaaj mere paas nahi (waise fyi i was not doing any ilaaj warna aaap uspe bhi hurt ho jaoge.)http://www.traderji.com/158432-post41.html
and disprove the plight in ur fellow cricket fans' brains! And,a request,please don't use abusive language and maintain some decency.....just a request. WAit a minute...what was it that was abusive in my post? sorry if you are hurt...but i still feel like laughing after reading your replies..i am just being honest and not abusive.
kya karoon. control nahi hota....

H

hari09omkar

kya karoon. control nahi hota....
My God!
Please friend,have some brain! In my last post,I didn't talk about u to be abusive.And about the funny nature of ur thinking,please read the post again.I just asked u to prove u to be a less funny than the comparisons in cpntext of this post of mine:http://www.traderji.com/158432-post41.html
So please forget my ilaj,doctorji,nd concentrate on the topic.OK,may be u will not understand again what I said.So for u: please read the below again(post no.41):
Hari bhai, i thought you should read these text from times of india......
Dear fizzler,

If good is for good only,then good it is.But in whatever field,cricket,football or chess,we shouldn't believe the authorities who are hard core politicians.The Pawar camp will do them in ground reality,then only believe it,otherwise,with the election coming,it may be like just another 'ashvasan'.The brainless Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi,the bengali statesman,so many days in the chair of AIFF had done so much little for Indian football and in the speed of a tortoise! If these Sharad Pawar-people will give money to the first class cricketers and to the Desi-coaches,who coach the children in town and cities silently,to the horrible Indian pitches,to the basic infrastructures of athleticsm of the cricketers,some good pensions to the retired cricketers(they might have started already),then it is enough.Other sports' funding generosity - it's fine,wonderful.....But the truth is differnt and dangerous here.......

Why?Bcz firstly they have to show the balancesheet to the public,like any professional profitting body does.Imagine,what these bullshit politicians-businessmen nexus in the control of the board suck the money,which none will know except the body!If a football body does something like this,it would fail to have recognition from FIFA,and the country will be banned to play football at international level.But this peculiar fool's sport is having more than a hundred year's of history,the authority ICC if thinks to stop India to do anything,India will drag them by their ears.The money in cricket is not for public or employment for entertainers mostly,it's for those fat cheaters.They are betraying the court of law,the Govt.,the public,the players.....it's possible because of so weak organization of global level and India is sharing the biggest revenue to the game than the other 9 countries combined! No big Economy is seriously interested in this bogus game (except England where it is vigorously underrated),bcz of it's time-absorbing nature and we the global failure in sports will not concentrate on already existing industry-sports like football,athletics!What we will do is close our eyes to the mechanism of this game and be the 90% contributor to this revenue of which the world cricket earns(imagine the ridicule of the popularity of the game)which are not audited! How funny! And without having any knowledge about these indiscipline,people shouts ignorantly here and talk nonsense! Had u read the financialexpress reports? Check it then:

Show us the money!

BCCI must be more transparent

Posted online: Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 0008 hours IST

The antics of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have sharply divided the nation or at least its sports lovers. Its latest efforts to raise revenue from every conceivable opportunity are no exception. While its supporters are all praise for its smart-alec attempt to raise money from things like the telecast, cricket kit/dress to mobile messages and now archives, its opponents see as an opportunistic closed club concerned only with money, not with the game; a dictatorial body wanting to control every aspect of the game.
Take its latest decision on sale of “archival rights,” i.e. rights to telecast highlights and replays of the match on a package basis, as opposed to charging on a per minute basis, which is the norm. Its vice-president, Lalit Modi, says the rate card will have guidelines for the broadcaster as to how to show previously placed matches, when to show and what to show. Presumably Mr Modi, in all his wisdom, will charge different rates for a boundaries package, a wickets package and so on. Not content with this, Mr Modi has been talking about mobile telephony—match scores SMSs —being an untapped source of revenue. His contention is that such information is the property of the board. Beware; tomorrow the BCCI might sue you for telling the score to a friend or writing about a match in the newspaper. It already has its own commentators for the matches it produces and some of them lose no opportunity to praise the organisation and its initiatives. So much for objective analysis. For all you know, they’ll soon be after betting organisations and websites abroad like Ladbrokes or bet365 to get a share of that revenue.

And what does the BCCI do with all this money? Does the government get to see its annual balance sheet and profit and loss statement? Sure, it is set up as a private club. But to the extent that it enjoys the mandate to choose the country’s players, it has to be answerable to some outside agency. Walk the talk of professionalising the board, Mr Pawar/Modi. Charging Jagmohan Dalmiya for misappropriating Rs 21 lakh is one thing. Steering clear of the same trap is another.
link:http://www.financialexpress.com/old/fe_full_story.php?content_id=122088

Money came from the capitalist,gone to them,in between the politicians and shreud flattering-oiling type ' chamchas' will become billionaire!Where is the am-admi? The thread started on this type of note of poor India's essence,where food-shelter-clothing is a problem!
Imagine the 7000 crores and God knows how many thousand crores will go and had gone already(in the past) to which swiss bank accounts!Even the Govt. doesn't know about their accounts???? This happens only in India! Because people are emotional fools here! They will continue voting these idiot politicians!They don't question even!! And this kind of audacity can't exist in the huge and professional organization like FIFA or any other globally accepted sports!
I said the term:kupamanduka,is it justified now fizzler?

oxusmorouz

Yes, fizzler, like some poster, I would delete my post if I am unable to answer to the question posed, and if I knew neither head nor tail about the game I am supporting, and hedge this against my "ethical" nature (existent or not) :D

Anyway, ethical or grotesque, nothing more from my side.
(And to "some" participant who posted in this thread, I enjoyed it thoroughly mate. Cheers)

Last edited:
So please forget my ilaj,doctorji,nd concentrate on the topic.
How can i concetrate on any topic bhaiji if you keep deviating from it. the discussion is not on wether the money generated will be used properly. I agree that with politicians heading BCCI, there is more than acceptable chance of money vanishing. but, haribhai, we are discussing about bidding on cricketers, hence we have two topics to discuss about:

1. Is there any other method better than bidding. ie do you support bidding as a process.
2. Do you justify the money being given to cricketers.

and my answer to both questions is that i support cricketers being paid huge amounts and i also like the idea of bidding. remember, this was the first time hence so much money was exchanged. from next year onwards, there will be bidding only for new players and old players wil be bought from other teams by paying more money. The amounts you see is just the base price for good cricketers...