Creating a trading system from scratch

How many lines of code you are comfortable with

• Total voters
Is this cleared?
If not, could you post the latest error after trying the enclosed file?

Is this working now?
Did you do any update to conda?
a solved i changed to base env and did conda install
About pivot points i still dont the formula for pivot points and my talib module is not getting installed
And can you please put sector file in backtest file as well...because it is giving slighty different stocks..!!!

Last edited:

VJAY

Is this cleared?
If not, could you post the latest error after trying the enclosed file?

Is this working now?
Did you do any update to conda?
Thanks UB ...error still there

1542636112973.png

need any change here ?

1542636274747.png

UberMachine

a solved i changed to base env and did conda install
About pivot points i still dont the formula for pivot points and my talib module is not getting installed
And can you please put sector file in backtest file as well...because it is giving slighty different stocks..!!!
Attached is the sectors file. Put them in the required folder

Attachments

prabhsingh

i have also been using pivot point strategy for past year it works really well in intraday....hope @UberMachine will find a way to implement it in present system...!!!
Yes. But I prefer pip install fastbt since the fastbt source is inside a src directory
Actually i am a Java programmer and very much familiar with Eclipse IDE and making use of PyDev plugin with Eclipse for reading/writing Python code.
So if i want to explore source code,kindly can you tell me which are main files that needs to be explored under SRC folder and which is the main PY which runs for Algo trading.

VJAY

Try the reverse slash. And also check whether the file is in the data directory and a timestamp column is present in the file
Code:
df = pd.read_csv('data/data.csv', parse_dates=['timestamp'])
Now I getting this error....

1542677669496.png

UberMachine

Actually i am a Java programmer and very much familiar with Eclipse IDE and making use of PyDev plugin with Eclipse for reading/writing Python code.
So if i want to explore source code,kindly can you tell me which are main files that needs to be explored under SRC folder and which is the main PY which runs for Algo trading.
Its in the SRC folder and the backtest is run from rapid.py file.
datasource.py and rapid.py are the main files
Its just a thin wrapper around pandas with extra utilities.