Complete Freewares To Protect Your PC

We'll following are few freewares that can come handy when you get infected or even for the prevention of getting infected

For Antivirus
Avast : Because its free,isn't resource heavy,don't have compatibility issue with other softwares
Other good antivirus are
Kaspersky (Compatibility Issue but excellent Protection)
Norton(Resource Heavy but excellent protection)
Nod32 (Not so excellent in detection)

For Antispyware
We'll this case gets a little tough cause really neither of them is sufficient
The problem is that those who detect good aren't free (like Spyware Doctor which is best in detection)
We'll I reckon Spybot Search & Destroy
Spybot has got features to protect registry(which generally gets infected).So,it acts like a + protection for viruses too
Not to mention it has got hosts black-list(Blacklist of Fake websites) which is updated regularly
Others Antispywares include
Windows Defender (Download Using Windows Update or From Microsoft.com
Ad-Aware 2008 Mirror
AVG Anti-Spyware

For Combo (Antispyware+Antivirus)
We'll I just came accross this another new Utility
Sypware Terminator which comes with antispyware + Clam Antivirus with realtime protection
For Newbies I'll say better avoid this but for ppl above ,this is a best bet :D
Note: The problem with this utility is that uyou wont get a setup for this utility rather you'll require an active internet connection to download it

One more thing I'll like to mention here is a small utility called HijackThis
You can download it from here
Whenever you feel your PC is infected just analyze the report of this software & if you can't ,just post it on forums so that someone can help you analyze it

For Firewall
We'll I use ZoneAlarm
Its best in the business even the Home edition
Although you can use Comodo Firewall Too
Its equivalently good enough just a little less resource consuming (better for old Laptops)

For Browser
We'll compatibility issues still haunt browser market
Many websites aren't compatible with Firefox
So rather than telling any specific browser I'll tell you to install all :D
Just change browsers according to your needs
Use Firefox and add extensions to it (Those who don't know how to add may ask for help) so that you can use all the browsers within Firefox without closing Firefox
Other Popular Browser are
Opera (Very Fast & Available in Mobiles Too)
Chrome (Very Very Fast +Support For Extensions)
Maxthon (Use Internet Explorer Engine With Added Functions)(Must have For Internet Explorer fans)

Also For Internet Explorer Fans There is a small utility called IE7PRO that adds some extra features to the Internet Explorer that you can download from here

I've tried to make my post as simple as possible
If you are not able to understand please reply
Also their might be some error while writing this hope u neglect them

OR
To download all these softwares just open download.com or filehippo.com

Last edited:
We'll Avant is not even close in terms of performance with Opera & Mozilla
What to say abt comparing with Safari ..!!! :D

@ sd_singal
Dude when you can get the most from antivirus like Avast for free why go for quickheal which is already going very low in market
Going down doesn't mean its not good it simply means that the upper one will be better cause of its popularity it will have faster updates which matter the most
Also in terms of performance too it beats quickheal

I agree with your list of AntiVirus but Amongst AntiSpywares , I like spyware terminator in addition to AVG Antispyware. It is free, It has real time protection and also the detection rate is quite impressive.

Also, install, spyware blaster.

Avira antivir free is light and score high marks on detection and removal.kaspersky nod32 are paid ones.Avast is also good.No need for a antispyware app unless you are already infected.

mahesh2007

We'll following are few freewares that can come handy when you get infected or even for the prevention of getting infected

For Antivirus
Avast : Because its free,isn't resource heavy,don't have compatibility issue with other softwares
Other good antivirus are
Kaspersky (Compatibility Issue but excellent Protection)
Norton(Resource Heavy but excellent protection)
Nod32 (Not so excellent in detection)

For Antispyware
We'll this case gets a little tough cause really neither of them is sufficient
The problem is that those who detect good aren't free (like Spyware Doctor which is best in detection)
We'll I reckon Spybot Search & Destroy
Spybot has got features to protect registry(which generally gets infected).So,it acts like a + protection for viruses too
Not to mention it has got hosts black-list(Blacklist of Fake websites) which is upadated regularly
Others Antispywares include
Windows Defender
Ad-Aware 2007
AVG Anti-Spyware

One more thing I'll like to metion here is a small utility called HijackThis
You can download it from here
Whenever you feel your PC is infected just analyse the report of this software & if you can't ,just post it on forums so that someone can help you analyse it

For Firewall
We'll I use ZoneAlarm
Its best in the business even the home edition
Although you can use Comodo Firewall Too
Its equivalently good enough just a little less resource consuming (better for old Laptops)

For Browser
We'll compatibility issues still haunt browser market
Many websites aren't compatible with Firefox
So rather than telling any specific browser I'll tell you to install all :D
Just change browsers according to your needs
Use Firefox and add extensions to it (Those who don't know how to add may ask for help) so that you can use all the browsers within Firefox without closing Firefox
Other Popular Browser are
Opera (Very Fast & Available in Mobiles Too)
Safari (Very Fast But in Beta Stage)
Maxthon (Use Internet Explorer Engine With Added Functions)(Must For Internet Explorer fans)

Also For Internet Explorer Fans There is a small utility called IE7PRO that adds some extra features to the Internet Explorer that you can download from here

I've tried to make my post as simple as possible
If you are not able to understand pelase reply
Also their might be some error while writing this hope u neglect them
It would have been fine,had u given links for the resources mentioned As Googling results in many unscrupulous sites.
quite a few names are not that common for non-techies.

columbus

We'll Avant is not even close in terms of performance with Opera & Mozilla
What to say abt comparing with Safari ..!!! :D
Problem with Mozilla's Fiefox is that it is RESOURCE HUNGRY.