Charts for the Day

Anil Sir ,

Is this calculated daily ?

Also should we understand that if the percentages keep increasing daily, the stock has a better trend?
Yes, amit i calculate this on daily basis...but on three scales...short term, intermediate term, long term...

Ideally what i tested, intermedaite term readings are more important for trend riding in it...short term are just to gauge or try to enter mode...

Regarding percentile, yes stock exhibiting higher percentile is nothing but, stock placed relatively better than other stocks...it can be due to it is rising faster or it is falling slower that other stocks, from both side its outperformance...thats all what matters in long term...

It gives me a snapshot of what going on in market and better grasp of strength/weakness exhibiting in sectors...

Like if some sector is strong till now, it will be shown by continuous ranking in top percentile, but slowly its performance will get detriorated, it will be seen in short term,...and if intermediate starts to turn down, its better to keep it under watch/sell mode if owning stocks any...

Offcourse buy/sell decisions in any sector/stock is purely on its merit, and its more a automated process for me..but all there factors pinned down to riding best of best...

amitrandive

Yes, amit i calculate this on daily basis...but on three scales...short term, intermediate term, long term...

Ideally what i tested, intermedaite term readings are more important for trend riding in it...short term are just to gauge or try to enter mode...

Regarding percentile, yes stock exhibiting higher percentile is nothing but, stock placed relatively better than other stocks...it can be due to it is rising faster or it is falling slower that other stocks, from both side its outperformance...thats all what matters in long term...

It gives me a snapshot of what going on in market and better grasp of strength/weakness exhibiting in sectors...

Like if some sector is strong till now, it will be shown by continuous ranking in top percentile, but slowly its performance will get detriorated, it will be seen in short term,...and if intermediate starts to turn down, its better to keep it under watch/sell mode if owning stocks any...

Offcourse buy/sell decisions in any sector/stock is purely on its merit, and its more a automated process for me..but all there factors pinned down to riding best of best...
So these percentiles are just indicator of trend strength , not direction , correct ?

rangarajan

Yes...you are right...it is just how better stock is placed compared to whole benchamark under consideration...
Quote:

So these percentiles are just indicator of trend strength , not direction , correct ?
Unquote :

anil Trivedi

You had clarified that the Nos are percentages showing Trend Strength

So, i equate them to ADX.

In chart of NDTV, till 18/1, the stock was in D/trend & the RS was increasing as per the table.
So, i persume that Down Rally to continue with strength in Short Term.

But, from 19/1, trend reversed gaining strength.

Where have i erred in interpreting the table & yr reply.

rangarajan

anil Trivedi,

Once again , i am posting the same NDTV ,Dly chart.

Pl analyse this when u find time, when exactly u would have reversed yr trade to long, yr S/L for short & Long, any other comment u want us to know.

I have marked, where Stochastic & MACD reversed, EMA cross over,

Of course, ADX cautioned later.
Normally, i short near till 78% on pull back gradually , keeping 78% as S/l

Share O/B for more than 5 Bars in Stochastic & Rest are 126/144 which are possibilities once 114 is breached.

But yr analysis is based on Price action .

Quote:

Unquote :

anil Trivedi

You had clarified that the Nos are percentages showing Trend Strength

So, i equate them to ADX.

In chart of NDTV, till 18/1, the stock was in D/trend & the RS was increasing as per the table.
So, i persume that Down Rally to continue with strength in Short Term.

But, from 19/1, trend reversed gaining strength.

Where have i erred in interpreting the table & yr reply.
Dear Rangarajan,

Pardon me...the reply by me triggered confusion...

The stocks are rank on percentile basis and the stronger the stock will be seen in higher percentile ranking...

I mean to say there is, the strength of stock get highlighted in the list...Strength here is 'Relative outperformance'...

In general relative strength rankings purely can exhibit following..
Now, there can be...stock can go sideways and index can fall, in this case it can have better chances of outperformance...Also stock can fall but lesser than index, still it is in outperformance category...

Now in my list, it can have possibility of stock rising little but index falling badly, so stock has higher chances of outperforming here...

The whole idea is to see, where exactly...what is performing...whole market can rise with index, but there are smart outperformers who can beat index, i am into that process...

Still its the research going on, i am trying to incorporate fundamental into it, so that final verdict can have meaningful impact...

Hope it resolves here...

anil Trivedi,

Once again , i am posting the same NDTV ,Dly chart.

Pl analyse this when u find time, when exactly u would have reversed yr trade to long, yr S/L for short & Long, any other comment u want us to know.

I have marked, where Stochastic & MACD reversed, EMA cross over,

Of course, ADX cautioned later.
Normally, i short near till 78% on pull back gradually , keeping 78% as S/l

Share O/B for more than 5 Bars in Stochastic & Rest are 126/144 which are possibilities once 114 is breached.

But yr analysis is based on Price action .

Dear Rangarajan,

How to initiate trade is purely on discretion of follower according to his method...You can have your stochastics, macd...part to play here...

If you are asking me how i initiate trade once we get stock in high percentile then...let me tell you, my pure systematic trend following system gives me signal to enter on 22nd jan with stoploss below low of 21st jan...

The price action support here is only the breaking of outside bar of 18th jan...