Charts for the Day

AnilJi

Any reason you follow BSE Indices rather than NSE Indices ?
Dear amit,

I commented on this earlier also. The reason is BSE indices looks quite steady in chart pattern formation. Also some of signals on my trend following models i got buy-sell in sensex first then it followed in Nifty...

For sectoral indices too, the respect the individual charts got for trendline S/R levels is remarkable...

But i think BSE should introduce more of sub-indices like for sugar, textile, media etc...It will be a good tracking point...

amitrandive

Dear amit,

I commented on this earlier also. The reason is BSE indices looks quite steady in chart pattern formation. Also some of signals on my trend following models i got buy-sell in sensex first then it followed in Nifty...

For sectoral indices too, the respect the individual charts got for trendline S/R levels is remarkable...

But i think BSE should introduce more of sub-indices like for sugar, textile, media etc...It will be a good tracking point...
Any place where you get consolidated data for BSE Indices ?

Anil sir,

how we can choose/ add in watch list, some stocks with some price action rule set ?

I mean "Exploration". I use Amibroker.

Is there any way out ?

means with some price action Rule-Set is it possible ? it can be anything price/pivots/volume/higher or lower lows, highs/ reversal candles etc ? currently I try to analyse stocks which are within last 4th days high/low range for current and last two days and reversal candles.

I am looking for some concept for exploration.

Anil sir,

how we can choose/ add in watch list, some stocks with some price action rule set ?

Is there any way out ?

means with some price action Rule-Set is it possible ? it can be anything price/pivots/volume/higher or lower lows, highs/ reversal candles etc ? currently I try to analyse stocks which are within last 4th days high/low range for current and last two days and reversal candles.

Dear Nitinji,

I am using Metastock. And in metastock its possible to explore stocks trading in a previous 4 bars High-Low range and also in prev 2 bars range.

Its also possible in Amibroker. Just learn some basic coding. You have to devote some time on it. But its worthy...

I am looking for some concept for exploration..
- From your query it seems you are trying to play range expansion in short term timeframe. With four days of range breakout and looking after some reversal confirmation.

You define which phase of market you need to play out there. I mean the trending phase or rangebound phase. Depending on it, its easier to choose strategy...

Not a single strategy will give you desire returns, if you failed to study which phase of market your strategy meant for...

So, please tell what exactly you are looking for to play...Then we can decide what needs to be done...

amitrandive

Anil sir,

Is there any way out ?

Please try this

http://www.wisest ocktra der.com/indicators/478-4-day-high-and-low

Thanks Anil sir and Amit sir,

These 4 days ranges B/o, B/D AFL I have. I can do basic amibroker coding.

but there is something more I want to filter out, but what it should be , is my confusion.

Last edited:
Thanks Anil sir and Amit sir,

These 4 days ranges B/o, B/D AFL I have. I can do basic amibroker coding.

but there is something more I want to filter out, but it should be , is my confusion.
Dear Nitinji,

What you want to add it. In short term you can add volume criteria too. But limit it with 2-3 filtering only. Else it will too narrowed and you may loose on specific opportunities arising out.