Candlestick charting analysis and methods

Re: For My Moneycontol friends

One of my bro Debarshee asked me about Aurbindo Pharma by email, i wnt to post here all my reviews aswell so that others can see also who holding same stocks or they looking to enter those stocks, i remeber in the beginning of feb i said on moneycontrol on my id Greet86 that its a buy around 480 that time stock was trading above 500 and now i saw its charts again and stock did went to 480 and then went above 500 again, now its tradng around 540 already, i see Aurbindo in the range from 500 to 600 now for next couple of months, v strong uptrend but its already ran so much that upside is limited now till 590 and it will be in a range i said , so any fresh longs shld be made at the lower side of range wth strict stops below 475 , goodluck

Member Raju asked about Mahindra ugine, its in a big uptrend but now its already near phycological levels of 200 which can act as strong resistance for stock aswell, any fresh entry towards buy side shld be made only after it breaks 200 on upside and wait for 3 to 5 sessions and see if it sustain above 200. If anyone already long in it then as a positional trader u shld exit near 190 and book profits but if u r an investor then hold wth a trailing stop loss above yur buy level and see if it cross 200 or not , if it mkes any strong bearish pattern near 200 then better to exit, so keep an eyes on candles and chart patterns near 200 area, though trend is really strongly up in it so chances of straight going down again are v v less, it can consolidate near this area for sometme,

Today i will teach u all about 2 more v important candlesticks patterns and i wnt to talk about stock and sector phycology aswell, and how to find stock setups for u. You dnt hve to beg anyone or tke anyones help to gve u stock tips, i wnt to mke all of u proffesional traders and investors, u can always discuss wth your seniors and take help but when u will learn phycology about stocks and markets then u will be able to find yur own trades, you dnt need to tke any paid service or run after anyone to tell u which stock to buy, if u will act smart and discipline then u will be able to work better then anyone who gves u free tips, i knw people who gves free tips to anyone, they dnt even knw about when to exit or buy exactly they just tke paid services of multibaggers and they get a list every 3 months of good stocks reserched by that company and sometmes those work sometmes they dnt work, positional traders will never get any benefit from any kind of tips becz if u hve to mke tradng stocks as yur profession then first thing is stop askng for free tips to anyone and even if anyone gves u free tips then cross check those stocks wth yur knowledge and then trade. Trading stocks or any other financial markets is a business, so always learn everythng about yur business first and stop running after people to get tips.

Now lets start wth Phycology, i will teach u all about 2 more chart patterns later tonght.

PHYCOLOGY

I knw u all must be aware of this word, phycology is v important in every aspect of our life, if u wnt to becum professional cook then u hve to be aware the phycology of all veggies and masalas and there combinations, if u put little extra salt in yur food then its entire taste can get spoil aswell so thats how tradng is, if u over trade or try to run after trades and people everytme you will not be able to get that success in a long run.

Now how is phycology important in stock markets,

Phycology can be of 2 types, first is human personal mental condition his or her discipline and there perspective to see things, every human thinks different from each other about different things, everyone has there own views about things in lfe, in stock markets v important thing is that we as retail traders and investors needs to think same as big players who hve the overall control of stock markets, big institutions which we call FII or DII , now i wnt u all to think lke foreign investors and traders , the way they trade, and how can u think lke that, the only way is by looking candles, candles will tell u what they are doing and how we can read there language of tlkng to each other through candles and we can also tke advantage of that to earn our profits, to read candles we hve to now focus on overall markets and then sectors and then from those sectors we hve to choose right setups of stocks, now i will gve u few examples aswell about phycology of markets.

Lets take any sector first, lets start wth IT and PHARMA

Now lets think as a trader i wnt to mke position in IT or PHARMA sector. So first i will check and read the phycology of this sector, now i will see how IT and PHARMA sector runs and why it runs why big institutions will put there money in this sector, i noticed that this is the only sector which gets benefit of dollar strength, if dollar will rise then Most IT companies and most PHarma companies profits will rise aswell becz they mostly hve there business in united states, so now i see dollar index chart or read most economists theorys which shows me that yes in 2014 Dollar index will be strong as compare to other currencies, so that gves me a clear idea that ok so now i knw that these 2 sectors why they will run up, so after that i will try and find a nice IT or pharma company which is in uptrend or gvng me good price action signals or patterns on charts , so that i can read on candles now how and in which IT or pharma companies big foreign instituions are puttng there money so after finding those signals i will find a ryt setup for me wthin my rules, which has good risk reward for me and good uptrend for me in larger way, so thats how i will choose my setups finally and mke a position wthout anyones help and mke my mind earn for me, u hve to be smart always and see , find the reasons why some stock or sector performng so good then others, news effects doesnt matter for a price action trader, news effect can stay for 1 to 3 days but the overall phycology of that stock and sector is main, keep in mind always that it doesnt mean if u knw that overall dollar will stay strong so its not neccessary that dollar will just stay strong everyday, there must be some days when it will be weak aswell , so it doesnt mean u go n mke trade everyday in IT and pharma sector now, be intelligent ok , we r just discussing overall phycology

Now lets tlk about Gold sector stocks phycology

Now we all know that Gold get weak if dollar becomes strong and vice versa, so what if wnt to mke position in any Gold sector stock, first we will find few stocks of golds and then select which is hvng uptrend and when it will come to its nearest support and then we will wait that dollar shld be weak those days aswell and we buy that stock which gves us good upmove and 10 to 20 percent as a positional trader, now recently i was trackng pc jeweller from 75 levels, i made a buy position in it at 75 becz i noticed that dollar will not rise now for few weeks as they were not doing any major event lke fed taper that month so i bought pc jeweller at 75 and exit around 93 , though stock is above 100 now as it showed a v strong strength and dollar weakness also supported it, now when usually dollar has more chances of being strong, wheenver there fed is about to come they usually comes in the middle of the month , durng those times dollar start to gain strength becz it always think that taper will happen and it will get some support, there are many other factors also by which whole forex markets run but i dnt wnt to go deep in it now , for next few months u can just hve an idea whenever fed of america is about to come then dollar starts gettng strong and the stocks and sectors which get effect by that in india start to get weak or corrects but after those events again strong uptrend stocks continue there journey,

Now lets see about auto sector phycology

If u notice all majors lke tata motors and mahindra and mahindra were in an uptrend but they were consolidatng a lot and even tata motors got good correction aswell frm 400 it fell down till 330. Now around 330 to 340 it made a v good bullish engulfng pattern also on its 200sma where i persoanlly had bought it aswell, as i already taught u all about those things , then after 2 or 3 days of that in budget some reform happened aswell for auto sector by govt and entire sector got big boosts, any trader who was aware of patterns then he or she wld hve made an entry wthout even knowing about any news , news will always come automaticlaly after those strong patterns and those patterns get complete wth little booster frm those kind of news, now if soemone wld hve not bought seeing that bullish engulfng pattern he cld hve bought wth the booster by govt reform for that sector and wld hve get good 20 percent return in few days, now i see in moneycontrol people are sayng buy tata motor, now a smart trader shld hve already earned its 20 percent and now people screamng on tata motor board on moneycontrol oh buy now buy now,

Now if u see elections are comng so media sector will get lot of benefit of it, so frm last 1 month all media stocks lke PTC or tv today or sun tv all r running up, some stocks lke zee entertainment still they hve to catch up , so this is howu see sector phycology and find ryt stocks for u wthin yur rules.

Rest always mke sure u dnt over trade and run after any trade to catch up, if u cant find good setups for u then leave it do somethng else apart frm lookng at markets everytme,
The best traders I know don’t bother analyzing the market or watching their charts all the time. They know they can’t change where the market is headed, so they just set orders/alerts when certain prices are reached or they look at the market in the morning and in the evening briefly. Successful traders take a relaxed and no-stress approach.

The most profitable traders and investors don’t addictively watch their positions all day or think about them durng sleep aswell, They make a decision and let the market determine the outcome without interruption or interference. Some might call this “lazy”, I call it “smart” because it works and it’s the foundation of the set and forget mentality that I believe in.

To be a good trader, we almost have to do the opposite of everything that feels “right”. It feels “right” to sit there and watch the markets and watch your trades tick away. But this really accomplishes nothing except making you more likely to do something stupid like enter another position, close your position before it really gets moving, etc. It seems like you need to sit there and “analyze” the market for a long time, and especially after you enter a trade, but you don’t need to do this, actually you really need to do the opposite. Just leave your computer, be “lazy” about your trades and forget about them for a while, this way you really give your trading edge a fair shot to play out.
Putting pressure on yourself to make a lot of money from your trading right out of the gate is going to flood your mind and body with emotion and adrenaline which is naturally going to cause you to do stupid things like over-trading and over-leveraging your account. Whereas, if you take a smart trader approach and just check the market before and after work each day, you will slowly but surely gain confidence and also have better longer-term results since you will have largely eliminated emotion from the mix.

I am disclosing today i bought nucleous software for me at 207, i hve my targets for it around 240 and stops shld be around 190.

I recently saw a messge from a very famous technical guy on moneycontrol today, he wrote this messge on RS software board, i dnt wnt to tke his name to disrespect anyone, but i will paste his entire messge here so that u all can see what he said today.. His messge is .
"Intraday chart looks bullish and more good news is in daily chart.See the daily chart.There is a bullish engulfing candlestick pattern at the middle bollinger band .It has almost engulfed last two days red candle.So technically the revesal of short term downtrend looks confirmed.Cheers to all friends !!

This above was his messge where that person is sayng RS software made a bullish engulfng pattern and if anyone of u see there is no bullish engulfng pattern is RS software, really sad to see these things that some technical guys who are teachng on moneycontrol and they dnt even know themselves what is a bullish engulfng pattern, as he said stock reversal will happen today but actually stock closed at 177 today and nothng happened, so people lke these they shld learn first instead of teachng others on moneycontrol. So thats why i say never follow anyone blindly , always do yur own research or ask yur mentors,

jetking

I am disclosing today i bought nucleous software for me at 207, i hve my targets for it around 240 and stops shld be around 190.

very nice initiative dear greet

would like to know your logic about the above trade

it is in a clear uptrend and already tripled in last 1 year,and now trading around all time high

would like to know your reasoning

thanks

Dear Greet sir, I want to thank you for your effort towards retail investors/traders. I am regularly following your posts on this thread.

few doubts purely based on education purpose
1. What made you chose Nucleus software since the candle sticks not showing clear buy signal (last few days - i think its not bullish engulfing also not long pin candle - am i right or wrong here) . But today it has formed DOJI chances are high to go up since the volume is increasing last two days.
2. How did you fix the target of 240 ?

members jetking and selviramesh asked me how and why i made position in nucleous software today.

first thing i saw the larger trend is up

stock crossed its strongest resistance and phycological levels of 200,

if u see 8year, weekly charts of nucleous software then its next horizontal resistance is around 270 and next small phycological resistance around 250,

why i choose it because of the phycology of this stock, i saw dollar index was coming above its strong phycological level of 80 again and if dollar index will gain then IT companies in india will get benefits of that, and ofcourse FED yellen is about to come again after 15days so whenever she comes dollar gets big boosts, usually its best to buy around near those days but i bought early becz this stock crossed resistance and i dnt wnt to miss this setup, maybe it will run till i plan to buy after 12 to 13 days, so i dnt care if it consolidate here but i wnted to be in this trade becz i usually gve 60 sessions to my buying position so that it gves me my preplanned exits,

now i noticed that resistance is around 250 to 270 so i can exit around 240 to 245 easily aswell and put logical stop loss around 185 to 190, so its a risk of 20rs and reward of 40rs easily on the upside,

i knw it hvnt made any candle signal or price action or chart pattern but this buyng is complete on phycology and by the smartness of a trade, u cant depend on all the trades to be made by bullish engulfng or any other pattern , sometmes wthout any pattern also we can mke trades if phycology of that setup is in our favour,

now i dnt care i loose this trade or win this trade, i made it by following all my rules, so whenever u follow all your rules, 90 percent of tme u win the trades automatically, hope u all understd,

now i want you all to know about one important pattern which usually repeat itself on charts, in trading term its called Higher highs,higher lows

HIGHER HIGHS AND HIGHER LOWS

In this pattern when stock is going up then first it mkes high and then it came little down and then it mke a new high and then it come little down again and then a new high again, so thats why its called as higher highs and higher lows, becz its in uptrend so highs are higher and lows are higher then previous lows, lets see some diagrams to understd it better,

now the above chart is of Cadila healthcare, i marked in blue lines how its mkng a chart pattern of Higher highs and higher lows, so the lows everytme are higher then the previous lows and highs are higher then the previous highs, this pattern is in uptrend, which gves us v good entry signal for buying.

the above diagram is of infosys, stock is mkng beautiful higher highs and higher lows pattern which is still available for fresh buyng anytme stock again mkes higher lows then it will be a good sign to buy again and stock can easily go till 3950 to 3990 area, as 4000 is a v strong phycological resistance,

so i hope u all understd what is Higher highs and higher lows pattern and it gves us v good chances to buy stock in uptrend,

now i am gonna teach u about another pattern which is a vice versa of the above pattern, thats called

LOWER HIGHS AND HIGHER LOWS,

this patterns get created during the downtrend of a stock, where first stock go little up and then fall down to its new low and then stock come up little again and fall back down to mke a new low and then come up little again and then fall down back to mke a new low; lets see a diagram to clear it out

you can clearly see in blue lines i marked that this above chart of Tata global beverage, its mkng a new low and then a lower high , lower high we say becz its below its previous major point of low, so after mkng lower high, it made a new low and then it cme high again but made a lower high becz again it cldnt go up till its previous low point and then it fell down again and made a higher low and then it cme up again and made lower high, so this is continuation in downtrend where buyers shld not buy any position till the tme this pattern gets break,

i hope u all not gettng confuse plz see the chart and read it again what i said, try to understd it slowly,

first pattern was higher highs and higher lows that was in uptrend and a good entry pattern for buyers,

second pattern was lower highs and lower lows that was in downtrend and not a good entry for buyers,

so i will show u the same chart of Tata global beverage again in which earlier there was Higher highs and higher lows pattern and after that pattern got broke stock fell down, wait i will upload the diagram again

now u all can clearly see in the above chart that earlier TGB was mkng HIGHER HIGHS AND HIGHER LOWS PATTERN but on the level where i marked crossed that was the point where this pattern got broke becz it couldnt mke a new high that tme and the pattern got broke so when this pattern gets break thats a clear sign for buyers to not buy that time that particular stock and u can clearly see after that the same stock TGB started mkng LOWER HIGHS AND LOWER LOWS PATTERN, I hope u all got it now clearly

so till now we learned

HEAD AND SHOULDERS TOP PATTERN
HEAD AND SHOULDER BOTTOM OR INVERTED HEAD AND SHOULDER PATTERN
DOUBLE TOP PATTERN
DOUBLE BOTTOM PATTERN
HIGHER HIGH AND HIGHER LOWS PATTERN
LOWER HIGHS AND LOWER LOWS PATTERN

so i wnt u all to read again about all these 6 patterns and wth practice u will all slowly become master to read these, soon we will start wth 2 more patterns they are just basic patterns though i still wnt u to knw about them aswell. any questions do post here

Goodnight all.

Biswajit Das

greet sir, again I am thanking u for ur good effort. now I hv posted a chart of VIP INDS which formed cup and handle(?) pattern though it is still u hv to cover this pattern. now I like to know ur advice on this scrip for a shorter time investment.