Can I BUY OCTOBER expiry NIFTY CALL/PUTT in SEPTEMBER ?

megapixel

I'm using this dedicated thread for FNO related discussion & queries.

Is there any website where I can find Option Geek Values i.e Delta , Theta , Gamma , Vega , Rho values for different strike prices with different expiry dates of a stock/nifty index in NSE market all at one place ?

I'm looking for something similar to the online ThinkOrSwim Option Geek pages in US Markets....did not find any links in google search for indian NSE market. This would be useful to everybody. Appreciate if anybody has come across such online stuff for NSE markets and requesting to post a link....

I did not like NOW Geek calculator ..its slow and painful to use.
I am doing some data analysis . Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Reggie

Dear Dan,

Many thanks for your views. You are the options guru dealing in complex strategies, whereas I only dabble in it at times - buying calls and puts. I don't sell options for premium (though it can be hedged) This has been influenced by reading true stories of Mark Cook in 'The market wizards' and Education of a trader (Victor Neiderhoffer)

I guess you would have read the same. I found them to be quite informative.

Thanks again, and happy trading.

Dear Reggie

You are right with that, but as the Oct and Nov options are further out, the time value will vanish much slower compare to actual month series options.

This is very helpful in case market not moves just now in your direction. One of the classical mistakes option beginners make is to choose options with a short life time. Even if the liquidity is not so big, your choices are big with a more out of the time option. Just one example:

You always will have the right to sell this options for the price you bought it. That is your right. Now in case the future goes the other direction, you can start to trade hedged and play the future during that time. If that move is over, you still have your option and if market starts to move in your direction, the time loss on that option will be far less compare to the actual series and your chance to make some profit with it are still at live.

Good trading

DanPickUp

manojborle

I'm using this dedicated thread for FNO related discussion & queries.

Is there any website where I can find Option Geek Values i.e Delta , Theta , Gamma , Vega , Rho values for different strike prices with different expiry dates of a stock/nifty index in NSE market all at one place ?

I'm looking for something similar to the online ThinkOrSwim Option Geek pages in US Markets....did not find any links in google search for indian NSE market. This would be useful to everybody. Appreciate if anybody has come across such online stuff for NSE markets and requesting to post a link....

I did not like NOW Geek calculator ..its slow and painful to use.
I am doing some data analysis . Thanks in advance.
http://www.4shared.com/file/CDLjO7PE/OptionTradingWorkbook_nifty.html?refurl=d1url
Here you will find all data refreshed every 1 minute.
I made these changes to original file which is available for download for free.
This is made for current month option chain.
You can just make a copy of optionpage and include next month and far next month option chains (for this you have to import data for next month and far next month from nseindia.com just like i did in livedata sheet.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Thanks

megapixel

http://www.4shared.com/file/CDLjO7PE/OptionTradingWorkbook_nifty.html?refurl=d1url
Here you will find all data refreshed every 1 minute.
I made these changes to original file which is available for download for free.
This is made for current month option chain.
You can just make a copy of optionpage and include next month and far next month option chains (for this you have to import data for next month and far next month from nseindia.com just like i did in livedata sheet.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Thanks
Thanks...This is definitely useful......However as I travel much ..I am afraid I may not be able to use this much .. because this may not open in Mobile phone. ...So I was looking for a website.....I guess Excel macros are not supported in Mobile device.

Thanks for the post.

Last edited:

manojborle

Thanks...This is definitely useful......However as I travel much ..I am afraid I may not be able to use this much .. because this may not open in Mobile phone. ...So I was looking for a website.....I guess Excel macros are not supported in Mobile device.

Thanks for the post.
Ohh, I didn't know you wanted it to work on mobile.
sorry friend, I will find out any such website and will let you know.

manojborle

This is a suggestion to you with the hope that you will take it in the right spirit:

While understanding the various aspects of the market, most of us have had, and will continue to have, a need for answers and clarifications to thousands of questions and confusions. What is distinguishing in your case is that you start new threads for too many of these. Why do you not consider starting one thread (or a few) for most of these, where you keep adding your queries as you go along.

Again, a suggestion.
It's ok. All this is a part of learning.

Thanks for the post.
Also press the thanks button for his post :)

megapixel

the two website you mentioned ...I found them already before posting here.

fact is ...these sites posting non reliable data ..don't trust these sites data and take investment decision........lots of complaints in their name.....using Traderji forum search you can also discover this fact...If you are using these sites ...be careful for data authenticity from these sites......I have been checking with couple of Option Geeks in mobile apps too ...but most of them are wrong ..and does not match with NOW terminal geeks.

I appreciate your post .... thanks for your time.

Last edited:

manojborle

the two website you mentioned ...I found them already before posting here.

fact is ...these sites posting non reliable data ..don't trust these sites data and take investment decision........lots of complaints in their name.....using Traderji forum search you can also discover this fact...If you are using these sites ...be careful for data authenticity from these sites......I have been checking with couple of Option Geeks in mobile apps too ...but most of them are wrong ..and does not match with NOW terminal geeks.

I appreciate your post .... thanks for your time.
Actually I use data from NSE website directly for my decisions.
To be frank I don't understand options greek in greater details, so still learning how to make use of them.
I am taking decisions totally based on underlying chart.