Bull Zone

These guys have Harshad Mehta's picture frames in their prayer rooms - he gives them good ideas.
that reminds me of something, a sub broker that i know came to me and asked me if i could help him, since i pass through the hyd stock exchange route each day he wanted me to go to the exchange at around 4:15 and get the quotes printout from there which costs Rs 10 . He can't wait to see the quotes in paper the next day. I was not into any stocks at that time, i used to get him the quotes , there used to be line there, but there was so much excitement, yesterday Rs 120 stock , today 180 .

i remember doing that for 10 days, after that my friend said , he no longer needed that.

Srinivas

S&P says the worst is over, we have seen the DOW moving up. The financial analysis companies wants us to buy , while they are selling, this is called "PUMPING AND DUMPING" a classic example for this is

http://www.dalalstreet.biz/2006/10/stock-tipping-mini-scandal-on.html

samething with is guess Merrill in US and got fined.

but i know these are the risks in every field of work. and we have to deal with them, in such times i generally wait for some confirmation like 10% above the lows and volumes and breakout of previous range, to reenter the markets.

thanks
Srinivas
In reference to your post.
http://www.suchetadalal.com/

sudoku1

that reminds me of something, a sub broker that i know came to me and asked me if i could help him, since i pass through the hyd stock exchange route each day he wanted me to go to the exchange at around 4:15 and get the quotes printout from there which costs Rs 10 . He can't wait to see the quotes in paper the next day. I was not into any stocks at that time, i used to get him the quotes , there used to be line there, but there was so much excitement, yesterday Rs 120 stock , today 180 .

i remember doing that for 10 days, after that my friend said , he no longer needed that.

Srinivas
such was THE star craze of harshad that he had 7 foreign cars & clients & brokers used 2 wait since early morning 2 see his car coming.....the moment his car entered the BSE premises , a sudden buying spree would b visible in his favourite counters like MAZDA INDS , KARNATAKA BALL BEARINGS , ACC 2 name some few....:D

U

uasish

I finally realized that cross posting in other's threads is as dangerous as cross dressing, if you are a man and cross dress you could get r....:D, so i will stick to my threads and keep away from the brother in arms and other threads of elite.
Posting in other's thread is never discouraged in this forum.Everbody has an equal right to express his/her views.Infact all actual traders are Brothers In Arms :D
It was heartening to know about your prudency to be in Cash,only waiting to Enter at comfortable levels.

S&P says the worst is over, we have seen the DOW moving up. The financial analysis companies wants us to buy , while they are selling, this is called "PUMPING AND DUMPING" a classic example for this is

Srinivas
What a joke!! Just A day before the news of Bear sterns fall and bailout ( with "fake money" again - this is no Mizoram Bank, if had fallen down, US Financials would have been history ). One has to be smoking something to believe S & P analysts.

News today...
NEW YORK (AP) -- On the verge of a collapse that could have shaken the very foundations of the U.S. financial system, investment bank Bear Stearns Cos. was bailed out Friday by a rival and the federal government. The near-miss raised new alarm about the credit crisis -- and whether other big firms might be in jeopardy.

And a new guy today...
"I think we've seen a bottom," said Alfred E. Goldman, chief market strategist at A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc., a division of Wachovia. "....

Good call..

Last edited:
D

darsh_goswami

amit,

thanks for the link. she looks good, just kidding:D . risks are part of every business , it's just how much we as individuals can take and still have a sound sleep every night.
Read it and conclusion is ,..

very simple...

Its always an easy game to fool people who always sticks to the TV and keep on watching what tipsters are reccomending. As much as i know about the tipster strategy. only the tipster who personally doesnt trade can be enough reliable. other then that i think when people enters , tipsters exits ..

its a normal game and i m not surprised at all. i had seen it earlier also.
hope traders and investors will get something from such things and may be they can focus on being self literate ...

Regads,..
darsh

Thats very true and its difficult to identify the real independent analysis and the disclosure of such analysis is just a foolish statements which will never highlight the intentions of the advisor. We should invent some gadget which will indicate the hidden agenda for such advisors so they will start being honest and professional

marcus

Does Anybody have a clue as to why sensex ended up by just 2 points when Dow Jones ended up by more than 400 points. I am banging my head but got no answer. Here one more thing most of the Asian markets and European markets ended positive.

If anybody has some information about this please post as i feel its very important for me to understand this phenomenon.
You can't understand this phenomena, logic can not be applied to the markets, the don't follow reason they follow emotion and group emotion is very difficult to gauge. Let me give you an example a year or two ago there were a series of bomb blasts in mumbai suburban trains at peak time. In mumbai the suburban railway service is literally the lifeline of the city. If trains don't work almost everything comes to a standstill. Well there was sheer chaos that night and the maharashtra govt had to convene an emergency cabinet meeting. Complete mayhem.

Well logic dictates the markets should if not gap down the next day or atleast close lower than the open isnt it?

Well in fact it raliied by several hundred points.

Try and explain that. I can't figure it out to this day, and I have stopped trying to.