Building Up A Portfolio At A 7000 Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

"Paramount Communications" is recommended by multiple agencies.
Even Outlook Money has given this recommendation.

This company is the largest producer of cables.

Regards,
Narendra

Hello All,

Look at "Hotel Leela" and "Teledata Info".
Both are poised to do good in the coming months.
The honorable court has agreed to the demerger of Teledata into 4 companies.
I think, that will have a positive effect on the share price of Teledata.
Many people are giving a target of Rs.100 for Teledata in next 1 month. But, I haven't set any targets for this.

For Hotel Leela, a prominent broker has given a buy target of Rs.60 in next 1 month.

But, before buying any of these, please do study the fundamentals / technicals on your own and then take an intelligent decision.

Regards,
Narendra

Hi Narendra,

PetronetLNG is both a short term and long term call. I personally hold this in my portfolio.

To my knowledge Paramount Communications is also a good pick. I remember having recommended this and Diamond Cables in this thread. I have not followed it for long.

In the hotel segment, I like Hotel Leela and Viceroy Hotels.

Keep track of Tata Tea in the coming days....from market sources!!!!
Also our call on Titan has fired up from the 600 level...a return of 300%. We are not quitting this and BL Kasyap - the next L&T in the making.

Accumulate good construction counters...let me see if I can recommend one!!!!

We will try to book some profits in Alphageo India..call given at 121

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Hi Narendra,

PetronetLNG is both a short term and long term call. I personally hold this in my portfolio.

To my knowledge Paramount Communications is also a good pick. I remember having recommended this and Diamond Cables in this thread. I have not followed it for long.

In the hotel segment, I like Hotel Leela and Viceroy Hotels.

Keep track of Tata Tea in the coming days....from market sources!!!!
Also our call on Titan has fired up from the 600 level...a return of 300%. We are not quitting this and BL Kasyap - the next L&T in the making.

Accumulate good construction counters...let me see if I can recommend one!!!!

We will try to book some profits in Alphageo India..call given at 121

Thanks and Regards
Supratik
Hello Supratik,

I have taken PetronetLNG & Paramount Comm. I am holding Hotel Leela for a long time.
We had entered Tata Tea and Titan, long time back - I have come out from both.
In construction space, I have GMR infra, IVRCL and Unitech.

Have you looked at RNRL and Nocil - looks like both of them are rocking!

-Narendra

Hi Supratik,
The new trading year has begun on subdued note.RPG Cables Counter did not even held onto the 54+ levels, at which you have initiated coverage in the rising market.kindly advise what should the strategy we should now take as it is around 44+ levels.
Thanks.
Shan2611

Hi Supratik,
The new trading year has begun on subdued note.RPG Cables Counter did not even held onto the 54+ levels, at which you have initiated coverage in the rising market.kindly advise what should the strategy we should now take as it is around 44+ levels.
Thanks.
Shan2611
What a timing for your question!
Today market has moved down and RPG Cables has jumped more than 13%!!
Hope it has started the great upmove from today.

-Narendra

Hi,

Supratik had some problem with regard to posting messages here.
So, I am posting this message on his behalf.
This is an update with regard to RPG cables. Follow this link to read the page on moneycontrol.com:
http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/stocks-views/expect-100-upsidecable-corporation/07/46/312551
Here below, I reproduce the same that is printed on that page:
xpect 100% upside in Cable Corporation, RPG Cable
2007-11-12 16:27:58 Source : moneycontrol.com
Email Print Version [Watch Video] Watch Video

Rajen Shah of Angel Broking is of the view that one can expect 100% upside in Cable Corporation, RPG Cable over the next two years.

Shah told CNBC-TV18, "We have been off-led recommending power cables actually, because we feel that over the next 5-10 years we are going to see a number of airports being renovated or being built-up a hundreds of hospitals coming up, hundreds of hotels coming up, thousands of malls coming up, so much is the infrastructure spent right now I think however all this set-ups going to get power. It is going to be through power cables. So we are extremely bullish on the power cables space."

He further added, "There are two stocks, which we like a lot in this space and one is Cable Corporation the company is a loss making company, and the second company is the RPG Cable, which is again a loss making company. But the enterprise value of RPG Cable is about Rs 300 crore and Cable Corporation is about Rs 220 crore. Now we are seeing actually a lot of fund infusion in both these companies in the coming three-six months, part of it will be through land sale like Cable Corporation has got about 13 acres at Borivali in Bombay, which is about Rs 140 crore. So in fact they are planning to sell-off this property and completely retire the debt. It will also make up for some of the working capital."

"Same is the case with RPG Cables; they worked about 20 acres land at Thane again in Bombay that should fetch them about Rs 175-180 crore which, will again go towards complete reduction of complete wipe off of the debt. And the demand for power cable is going to be very strong in the coming years and I dont see these demands being there for two-three years, I see this demand for the next about 7-10 years. So these are two stories, both of the companies are into losses, so there is a turn around story, there is a land story and plus the power cable story. So we are expecting both the stocks to at least give a 100% upside over the next two years."

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Narendra

Thanks Narendra!!!
Hi Shan,
I still recommend a hold on RPG Cables. It is a good counter and I am expecting a 100% return from these levels. There are some grossly undervalued counters which markets seem to never notice. I try to identify such counters. Its a matter of time when the markets start identifying such scripts.
If you look back into our portfolio, I have recommended 21st century Management Services when it was at 27 odd levels. The counter has started yielding profits and is trading at a 52 weeks' high. You might find a recommendation coming now on this.
You can visit this link and check the company's performance and you can yourself make what a big target can be made for this script. Please visit this link
http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/company_info/yearly_results.php?sc_did=21C

Thanks Narendra, for the post. Thanks a lot!!
Hi Shan,
I still recommend a hold on RPG Cables. It is a good counter and I am expecting a 100% return from these levels. There are some grossly undervalued counters which markets seem to never notice. I try to identify such counters. Its a matter of time when the markets start identifying such scripts.
If you look back into our portfolio, I have recommended 21st century Management Services when it was at 27 odd levels. The counter has started yielding profits and is trading at a 52 weeks' high. You might find a recommendation coming now on this.
You can visit this link and check the company's performance and you can yourself make what a big target can be made for this script. Please visit this link
http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/company_info/yearly_results.php?sc_did=21C
Similar was the case with Valecha Engg....it has put me in panic when it dropped from 250-275 odd levels to 140. I was dumbfounded but if you see now, it is trading at 270 odd - this is after issuance of bonus shares.
Another example I would like to give is for Surya Pharma, which I have recommended at 80 levels. This has been a holding for almost 1.5 year and after the recommendation was posted, it had fallen to the 50s. It was only after that Sharekhan has come out with a 1 year target price of 200 that the script zoomed up from 50 to 130 and now trading at 100 level.

The basic reason of giving these examples is that in a bullish market, scripts get overbought and in a bearish market, the scripts are oversold. However the fundamentals do not change overnight.

My suggestion is to hold the script. But as I have always mentioned, do not put all your eggs in one basket and the second theme - do not buy in a single slot, pick the counter at intervals and in 2-3 slots - always keeping track of its performance.

Hi All,
Our call on Welspun Gujarat fired up. The counter has been recommended at 221. Hold and be patient.
BL Kasyap has already yielded 100% in 6 months - I suggest you continue to hold.

Narendra,
I am very happy you have made a good deal in RNRL. I would not say I am at all bearish on this counter but would suggest to play safe on this counter. I would also suggest you that RNRL be better played in the F&O segment. I think this counter should be hedged properly.
Regarding the other counters as Hotel Leela, PetronetLNG, GMR, IVRCL and Uniitech, you absolutely have picked the best. Nocil I dont follow but I read it somewhere that it is a good counter - cant recollect correclty.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Narendra,
I am very happy you have made a good deal in RNRL. I would not say I am at all bearish on this counter but would suggest to play safe on this counter. I would also suggest you that RNRL be better played in the F&O segment. I think this counter should be hedged properly.
Regarding the other counters as Hotel Leela, PetronetLNG, GMR, IVRCL and Uniitech, you absolutely have picked the best. Nocil I dont follow but I read it somewhere that it is a good counter - cant recollect correclty.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik
Supratik,

I had entered RNRL at the price of Rs.29 in April 2006. But after that it went down and finally I sold it for Rs.25 in June 2006. Now again I entered it at Rs.113 and exited at Rs.178. I have talked to many people about RNRL and everybody is of the opinion that its very costly. So, I don't want to buy that again in the near future.
Also I have sold Nocil and after that it has gone up nearly 10%! Anyway I did make some profit there. So, no regrets.

-Narendra

Status
Not open for further replies.