BSE Sensex to touch 280,000 in year 2050

bipin61 said:
yes what is written is all true.I had a dream and I saw the sensex at exactly 280.000 and I looked at the calendar...hey presto..it was 2050.There was also a suspicious looking character lurking about in my dream.I'm sure he stole my dream and wrote it up in the economic times, the cheat.You guys I challenge you to prove my dream wrong and if you do, you can hang me on the first of jan. 2051.
thanks for keeping all of us alive till 2051.....

satya

How about some elementary math

7000 at 9% per annum with annual compounding becomes 369000 approx in 46 years

This is just your provident fund rate.

Might as well put your money there.

bipin61 said:
yes what is written is all true.I had a dream and I saw the sensex at exactly 280.000 and I looked at the calendar...hey presto..it was 2050.There was also a suspicious looking character lurking about in my dream.I'm sure he stole my dream and wrote it up in the economic times, the cheat.You guys I challenge you to prove my dream wrong and if you do, you can hang me on the first of jan. 2051.
lol :D .....good one,bipin!:D

pkjha30

Hi All
Here is an excellent writeup from economic times quoted by TATrader.

I will only quote one interesting para
For those who dont want to wait too long, we have calculated a five-yearly index levels . By 10, the sensex would be at 9395, 14,270 by 15, and 21,279 by 20. The Nifty, similarly, will be at 2982 by 10, 4530 by 15 and 6755 by 20. Overall, the indices will be growing approximately 50% every five years and so will the m-cap.
Read whole story here posted in September 2004
http://www.traderji.com/4596-post1.html

Looks like they are under-estimating the rise of sensex :D :D :D

Any thoughts

Pankaj :)

pkjha30

Surely, some one is not adding right numbers.
They should opt private tutoring in mathematics, LOL.
:)
The above article was flawed in one fundamental way.
Compounding works in linear fashion. Sensex/Nifty doesn't not behave in linear fashion as fixed deposit with annual compounding returns would do.

Indices go up severely and also fall flat equally severely wiping gains. That is why there is trade ( as there is risk in high return). FDs are not traded as there is no risk and returns are fixed.

But interesting article , nevertheless

pankaj :)