BraViSa Commodity Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ravinder,
It has been my experience that both ETF and Spot gold goes in tandem. But some times it takes time to catch up. Maybe be because the Gold market is subdued at present that you are facing this difference.

Investing in Futures does give you lots of advantages. While you pay the full price when you buy an ETF, we just pay close to 5% as margin in futures. This allows you to take a better exposure. The gains too compensate a good amount, but risk stays equivalent to your exposure.

We have 3 contracts traded here, GG being a very low quantity one, I feel you can trade in here instead of ETF. Another advantage with futures is that you can earn from both ways long and short.

At present Gold is trading short. GG is short from 14795, though not made big gains, we are up more than 100 points. A gain of 100 for a 500 margin and a 250 points risk is better compared to ETF.

Are you accustomed to futures market, if you would require any knowledge about it, I can help you out.
There are some good strategies which fetch you good returns here.
hi dsramesh sir,
i have been following your thread for couple of weeks now.
i have been learning commodities at a subbroker.
I am opening account with Angel commodities in couple of days.
i basically trade on intraday basis following charts.
wil post my trades & charts on this thread with your permission.
also hoping to learn your trading strategies.
thnx.

d_s_ramesh

Thank you, Cooldude.
Happy to know of your learning, I believe you get great knowledge and excel to greatness in trading and achieve all your goals.

This is a public forum, and we have gathered here to share our views and learn from our experiences. I don't own anything and hence you do not require my permission to post your views and charts.

In fact we would be more pleased to know about your methods and strategies and more so that it will be useful to many other traders in the forum.

I am always on the look out to give all my knowledge for any aspiring traders. So it would be my pleasure to share with you the same.

Continue posting dear, rock the thread with your knowledge.

d_s_ramesh

Gold holds on to the long trade. Guinea has its stop moved to 14582. GoldM continues to be bullish.

Thanks for ur quick reply.

The difference between the three gold contracts is just the quantity or something else and if yes then why is there so much difference in price, like one is up and other is down. Please explain at your leisure time about gold trading, contract size, etc.

BTW i have seen you posting in so many threads and giving so much useful information and all that with your trading....thats really great...hats off to your effort, knowledge and helping nature.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ravinder

d_s_ramesh

Thank you Ravinder,

At times I too think of myself how this is possible? But passion makes me do it and one great thing is the enthusiasm and motivation the traders here, not only the new comers, even the great laureates provide me, gives the inspiration to write and give out more.

There are far greater people than me on this forum itself, I am far away from their efficiency and expertise.

Coming to your question.

Gold and GoldM are both 10 gram rates, the difference in price is because of expiry. GoldM has monthly expiry, while Gold has 3 month expiry.

Whereas Gold Guinea is a 8 gram contract, so the natural price difference. Would you need any more inputs and thoughts, please keep in touch.

d_s_ramesh

GOLD and GOLDM doing good on the long side and its time now for GG to follow.

Cover short and go long above 14666 with a stop of 14419. Trail the position as the trend proceeds.

Those trading on the intra day have good opportunities coming on the long side in Lead and Zinc. There is a possibility to re-test current high and beyond. Take the opportunity into a small winning trade.

d_s_ramesh

Short trade on GG closed with small gains. All contracts of Gold trading long and doing good.

d_s_ramesh

Thank you Soma,

Crude Oil is trend less on both Weekly and Daily. While weekly has been flat for quite some time, Daily turned flat on Friday. As of now no trades recommended in this commodity.

d_s_ramesh

Gold trades doing perfectly well. While weekly continues to be trending, daily goes trending today. With indicators gaining more strength on the daily, there is some more upside left to be seen before any weakness sets in.

Copper is non-trending on the weekly, hence there are possibilities of snapping back to value. Daily charts are reaching for a bearish divergence, it needs a down tick to get confirmed. It is the same pattern for all the base metals today.

Status
Not open for further replies.