Beginners Step by Step trading lessons with video

D

darsh_goswami

Hey thanx marcus ,...

Tonz of information.... Not for only newbie but also for advance users who can just check their back to basic .... lol

David ,.. great stuff on the site ... can u make it a little advance ? like new trading systems and all... will be thankful ....

thanx traderji for makin it sticky...
regads,..
darsh

Hey thanx marcus ,...

Tonz of information.... Not for only newbie but also for advance users who can just check their back to basic .... lol

David ,.. great stuff on the site ... can u make it a little advance ? like new trading systems and all... will be thankful ....

thanx traderji for makin it sticky...
regads,..
darsh
Thanks for the note darsh glad you like the site.

The end goal for the site is to have everything one needs from a learning standpoint for trading so I am starting with the beginning stuff and then will be working my way towards more advanced concepts such as full trading systems back testing etc.

Best Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave

I got familiar with your videos when one day I started searching for "Candlestick Charting" on YouTube. Right from Lesson 28 to I guess Lesson 34, it was an eyeopener! Your treatment of Stochastics was remarkable. However, I feel that the one on Range bound markets where you advised to set stop losses depending upon the ATR of the financial entity needs a more thorough discussion. Thats a tough one for a newbie like myself!

Its a treat that we have come in contact with you through this forum. Thanks and thanks again to Marcus!

Hi Dave

I got familiar with your videos when one day I started searching for "Candlestick Charting" on YouTube. Right from Lesson 28 to I guess Lesson 34, it was an eyeopener! Your treatment of Stochastics was remarkable. However, I feel that the one on Range bound markets where you advised to set stop losses depending upon the ATR of the financial entity needs a more thorough discussion. Thats a tough one for a newbie like myself!

Its a treat that we have come in contact with you through this forum. Thanks and thanks again to Marcus!

Hi Slah04,

Thanks for the comment I am glad you like the videos.

If you don't mind let me know what specific questions you have on the video you mention above and I will do my best to answer them and include the revisions in the next version of the videos.

Best Regards,
Dave

Thanks for the comment I am glad you like the videos.

Best Regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Not just your videos are excellent, they also show that you are one of the rarest breed of selfless men. Brother, only a hug would express how grateful and indebted i feel for you. I really appreciate your endeavor. Thanks a million :)

Hi Dave,

Not just your videos are excellent, they also show that you are one of the rarest breed of selfless men. Brother, only a hug would express how grateful and indebted i feel for you. I really appreciate your endeavor. Thanks a million :)
Hi Fast_Rizwaan,

Thanks for the note I appreciate the virtual hug am glad you like the videos.

I do want to point out however that while all my videos are free I do make money off of the advertising on the site so its not completely selfless;-)

Best Regards,
Dave

Thanks David for replying. With reference to our previous discussion on Setting ATR or multiples of ATR for stoploss, would this practice be ok for markets that are not Range Bound at the time of setting up the transaction?

Say for example, I test my trade on a particular stock, yesterday, depending upon the Candlestick Patterns of the previous 3 or 4 days, which gives a bullish signal, along with confirmation understood from other indicators and finally decide to go into the trade today. Can I put a stop loss of say, (Yesterday's Close Price - A mulitiple of Yesterday's ATR), irrespective of whether the stock is trading inside its range or outside?

Thanks David for replying. With reference to our previous discussion on Setting ATR or multiples of ATR for stoploss, would this practice be ok for markets that are not Range Bound at the time of setting up the transaction?

Say for example, I test my trade on a particular stock, yesterday, depending upon the Candlestick Patterns of the previous 3 or 4 days, which gives a bullish signal, along with confirmation understood from other indicators and finally decide to go into the trade today. Can I put a stop loss of say, (Yesterday's Close Price - A mulitiple of Yesterday's ATR), irrespective of whether the stock is trading inside its range or outside?
Hi Slah04,

My pleasure.

My opinion which I think is in line with most traders is that integrating the ATR into stop placement is an effective way to make sure that your stops are outside of general market noise levels as much as possible.

So with this in mind I think that the use of the ATR in stop placement is appropriate when looking at placing your stop outside any support or resistance level as a way of giving your self the best chances of not being stopped out unless there is a true break of that level.

Range bound markets are just one example here of how this could be used in conjunction with support or resistance and if in your example above you are looking at yesterday's close as offering support then yes I think this is in line with my video as well.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Regards,
Dave